Thread: Does this story resonate with you?

Does this story resonate with you?

I came across this video on YouTube; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2lh3pazKsM

It's a short made for Channel 4 were Grayson Perry the artist who's also known for his CD'ing meets a truck driver who runs a safe haven hotel for CD'ers. The story she tells I'm sure will resonate with many here.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    It was one of a set of shaorts Grayson made. Most of the others were better. Those in the UK can search for 'Grayson Perry or 'Transgender' on 4 on demand to see them all.

That was really fun!

My wife brought home a book called Casa Susanna. The author found a bunch of pictures at a Flea Market that were taken in the late 1950's and early 1960's. Apparently, a T-Girls named Susanna hosted other T-Girls in a similar fashion. The pictures were a candid record of their gathering. The book is a lot of fun!

I would love to do something like that!

Very nice little documentary. Thanks for sharing. I will definitely check his other shorts if I can find them on line. Are they also mainly about crossdressing/trans issues?

Thank you for sharing that. I'll be looking for more of his videos now.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I always thought Perry was a bit of an exhibitionist when he first appeared but having seen this and other programmes about him I have changed my view totally. Helen, did you ever see 'four hours in high heels'?. worth watching if you can find it.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

It reminds me of a local transformation salon, they also host parties. Thanks for sharing.

Banned Read only
    Helen,
    When I first joined my social group I couldn't stop thanking people for organising it and giving us the opportunity to meet in a safe environment , it has changed my life because I accepted Teresa and now I'm taking the next big step.

I will have to catch up with more of Grayson thanks for finding this one to start us off .

Love it, thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Helen,
    When I first joined my social group I couldn't stop thanking people for organising it and giving us the opportunity to meet in a safe environment , it has changed my life
    Teresa,

I think it's difficult if not near impossible to overestimate the effect attending a group can have on those looking to venture out. Like you my visits were while not life changing, certainly life affirming. The confidence I gained from talking to others bought about a step change in what I did. I'm certain I wouldn't have done a fraction of the things I have done had it not been for the few hours I spent shared with kindred spirits.

Diane,

Googled "four hours in high heels" but drew a blank sadly
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Thanks for finding this and sharing. Tina deserves an OBE at least, but I suspect she won't get one. If only there was something / someone similar local to here...
    Julia