Thread: The pool guy.....

The pool guy.....

Have you ever thought that The Universe sends you messages and prompts that nudge you on your way through Life?

For the last two months, I have been living at a friend's house while my home is being remodeled. He only uses it 4 times a year and was kind enough to let me stay there. Today, I decided to lay out by the pool, catch some rays, and work on a tan. The pool guy has been coming late in the afternoon, so I reasoned that he would not interrupt me at 12:30. He used to be my pool guy, but was transferred to my friend's area. I knew him well in guy mode. I put on my new tankini, applies a minimal amount of makeup, ventured out to the pool.

I read for a 10 minutes, put the book down, closed my eyes and drifted off in to a light slumber. A loud CLANK woke me and I knew the pool guy had come early. Of course! He was on the other side of the pool and cleaning the tile. I waved to him and gestured for him to come over to me. He pulled out his earbuds and walked over. He stood 4 feet from me.

"I suppose you have some questions you want to ask me?", I inquired.

"What do you mean?", he replied, genuinely confused.

"It's me., {insert guy name}. I'm transgendered.", I said with a big smile.

"Oh! I thought you were your wife! How have you been?", he exclaimed.

"I will take that as a compliment! I'm doing great!", I replied. And he went off to finish the pool.

So, back to the part about The Universe. Am I being told -again- that generally people don't care? This has been another coming out situation that has reinforced my desire to just come out to everybody, let the chips fall as they may, and go on with my Life. Perhaps it's not that simple, but momentum is building.

Banned Read only
    Joyce
    It looks like you didn't need to out yourself, he was perfectly happy thinking you were female, I guess he often goes into pool areas and gets on with the job despite what or who is about. Like the postman I would think he could write a book on the things he's seen !

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    It's a sign Joyce. Must be.

That's great that he was so nonchalant about it. Whether it's a sign from the universe or just more evidence that people might not really care as much as we think they do, it's a good thing

oh my good for you wish I had been there with you

wonder what he would have said then

kisses ally

Wow, that's pretty awesome it worked out so well.

I have been caught twice by our pool guy, who is also a friend and I have golfed with him. Was no big deal. I explained to him that I cross dress and I am sure he has told no one but his wife.

happy it went well for you Joyce, it's alway's nice to hear. Hope you got a nice tan
    be safe. Karrin

Quote Originally Posted by Joyce P. View Post
    So, back to the part about The Universe. Am I being told -again- that generally people don't care?
    Nope. No message -- it's just the way things are.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Well, now we may have to see that tankini so we can ... um ... give you a "professional" opinion on it and how passable you were. (Yeah, that sounds almost believable .... )
    "You are who you are, that's all right with me,
    But I am who I am, that's all I can be."
    -Trace Atkins, "Rough and Ready"
    ===========================================
    Just call me Kaylie

Banned Read only
    You kind of summed it up with the last sentence. "Let the chips fall as they may." Again, risk vs reward is always in the mix. I'm sure the "pool guy" has encountered a lot more than a transgender man or woman when tending to his job.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    What a cool story Joyce, so glad it worked out.
    Too cold here in Texas for pool time but now that I’m fully out I will no longer worry about if my pool guy comes by
    if I’m laying out
    Rachael

We had freezing fog today. How I wish it were warm enough to lounge by a pool!

Very nice story! I am glad you shared it.

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

If only everyone was so open minded about those things... I would bet a lot more are than we all think, but I'm not the one that is going to find out anytime soon! Did discover one of my buddy's from high school was into CD'ing, so that was a nice surprise when we crossed paths.

Nice story Joyce thanks for sharing, mark him down as another person who doesn't care.. growing list IMO
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Joyce P.

Wow he didn't recognize you! That is very nice, I wish you luck on your coming out. I have been working on it as well but in very small steps, once I feel comfortable at a store or restaurant then I see what may happen or how I may be received. If things go the way that I think they may go I may soon loose my job, the project that I am working on has come to a close. I told my worries to the manager at the lingerie shop I frequent and she said that she may have a part time position available coming up soon. We haven't discussed dress code but I am sure she wouldn't put any restrictions on me if I am hired.

@--}----
    Michelle

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    I think your laying down the ground work for something great that the universe has in stored for you. Great story .
    Love&hugs

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I guess if I wanted to be out to someone, my pool guy would be a good start, Joyce. Unlike your pool guy, he doesn't know anyone I know.

However, I'd be afraid of Sherry scaring him so badly he'd never come back!
    And, I like his work-----
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

quiet girl in lingerie Jennifer Soames's Avatar
    I think the majority of people are just too busy and don't care what "others" do, and that is good. I also think that for many having to deal with it in their own lives is a completely different thing.

It is a long road to complete acceptance at all levels, so the journey should be enjoyed where it is possible.

I think the fact that you appeared confident and sure instead of running away embarrassed made all the difference in the world. If he sensed awkwardness from you then I'm sure he may have reacted differently. Kudos to you for meeting that situation head-on!
    "Masquerading as a man with a reason, my charade is the event of the season" ('Carry On Wayward Son' by Kansas)

Sounds like you can pass. We sometimes become so self-centered that we don't realize that for many people it is "ho-hum". They just don't take much notice.

Banned Read only
    Joyce maybe you are more girl than guy...that is why you are a crossdresser. The pool guy proved it.

Happy for your experience Joyce, as your self confidence shows no fear of being outed. Sw Florida is a mixed bag of seasonal residents, and year round locals that can be pretty conservative and opinionated. Millennials can be more accepting of alternative life styles, but not all. Bullies still exist and prey on those most vulnerable. Watch out for those red necks.