Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Looking vs Feeling

Forty years ago I would use very little makeup but, lipstick was a must.

Now forty years later I find if I don't do foundation, contouring, lipstick, eyebrows, eyeshadow, etc. it's not a pretty site.

I tried on a few dresses last year and didn't have time for makeup and when I looked in the mirror, (NOT GOOD) I looked like uncle Bob in a dress.
    I came close to Purging everything! It's probably the vision my wife gets of me when she thinks of how I would look in a dress.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

I am more of a Becky than a Nikky. I only sleep in femmin pajamas but like Beckcy love getting all glammed up for an outing. However with or without makeup I feel femmin and believe that my true self is being a woman

Richelle

Interestingly even when I am getting all dolled up to go out i do attempt to look my best and I do take some effort to do my makeup properly BUT it is nowhere near the effort and attention to detail that Nikki puts in. For me near enough is good enough. So even when I am being a Nikki I am actually more of a Becky!!
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

I’m Becky. As you can see from most of the pics I post, I’m a pretty casual girl. I don’t go out in public dressed, so I don’t go all out with the glam. But even in my casual style, I put on makeup (mainly to practice different looks), my wig and casual attire. Being casual is just who I am, male or female. When I don’t have the opportunity to do my makeup and hair, I still do a few things that make me feel feminine. For example: hairless body, painted toe nails and tucking. Even if my toe nails aren’t painted, just being hairless and tucked reminds me of my fem side, even if I’m in guy mode. I don’t mean to harp a lot on the tucking aspect, but I do that pretty often when home alone or running errands by myself. So for me, tucking makes me feel more feminine. I guess my point is that I don’t always have to see a woman in the mirror to feel like one. I think I may have trailed away from the original question. Becky it is.

Ironically, my wife has started teasingly calling me "Becky Home-home-ecky" when I help out (or take over) some of the household chores.

I'm not glam. I don't go out any more. And I'm DADT except for panties and nightwear. Odd compromise, but we make it work.

So - it's Becky for me.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by Becky Blue View Post
    To clarify slightly Dana, I would never step out unless i was properly made up and dressed. I love doing my makeup properly, I love being glammed up too at times, but i don't need to do that to feel femininne.
    Okay, I'm on the Becky Bus. Except I pretty much require full makeup to go out and attempt to be ignored. Without makeup I'd be the center of attention and I wouldn't like that at all, regardless of how feminine I felt.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

I think I am a little bit of both. I can feel feminine just by putting on a teddy and some heels without any makeup, but I wouldn't be seen unless I was completely dressed.

Can i be both? I lean toward becky but i totally get nikki.

On reflection of many of the answers above I think that its fair to say that a Becky can be a Nikki at times but a Nikki can never be a Becky. But even when a Becky is getting glammed up, she is doing it to look good not to feel more genuine... hope that makes sense.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Well, as I think more about it, I'm not surprised that more gals are a "Becky" rather than a "Nikki." It mirrors what I observe among cis-gals...more women don't dress up (unless a special occasion or a night out on the town clubbing, etc)...instead, most go about the world with very little in the way of fashion (think sweat shirts, sweat pants, leggings, and the like) and very little in the way of makeup. But, there are a very few Nikkis out there!! Yesterday, I went to a salon for a "boy" haircut (yuck!) and the stylist had a cosmetology license and it showed. It was during the day and she was wearing a sensuous smokey eye with a nude lip...her cosmetics were perfectly applied in every way...definitely a very rare Nikki out among all the many Beckys! She was so kind and sweet (note: she shared with me how she's a "daddy's girl" and lives close to her Dad so she can visit and take care of him from time to time since he's getting old and has some health problems) that I almost asked her what brand of cosmetics she was wearing and how she so flawlessly applied the shadows and liner. But, I chickened out! BTW, she also was wearing a lot of ink too...definitely one very cool gal! I'd like to know if others have similar stories about spotting rare "Nikkis" prowling about among the many "Beckys"...note: all the other salon staff (~5) were expressing their inner "Becky"...I'm sure they express their inner "Nikki" from time-to-time...it's just too much fun to dress and glam up not to!
    Last edited by nikkiwindsor; 01-03-2018 at 04:18 PM.
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Nikki, I'm in your camp as I replied much earlier in this post. I worked at a store with an all female staff, most wore little or no make up, though everyone had the same uniform. But two girls in particular would wear as much make up as they could get away with bearing in mind we were serving the public, and looked pretty darned good too, and one of those two always had the most fab false eyelashes on. It inspired me to get some anyway!
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Diane, did you ever ask those two girls why they wore a lot of makeup...I love it for so many reasons...I'm a very creative person and I really enjoy changing up my looks and feeling pretty!
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

Silver Member
    I'm a Becky type. I was happy going about my errands dressed in a cotton tee, bra, jeans, panties, and booties. I don't think I saw any women with makeup on. I was treated as a woman everywhere I went. If they didn't think I was a woman they didn't indicate it. I had bigger boobs than some of the women and no one paid attention.

I sleep in a nightgown most nights without makeup. I am a Becky.

I am a Nikky for sure. I am always made up for the occasion with the latest style.

Nikki, I agree with your observation that we probably mirror CIS woman. But for differing reasons to them of course.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

I decided to do a count of the Beckys and the Nikkis. To clarify the criteria I used for the count, you can't actually be both, if you are HAPPY dressing casually or without perfect makeup SOMETIMES you are a Becky. I too love to get glammed up and try and look as gorgeous as possible. I loooove makeovers, but I also love dressing casually in, with no makeup and don't need to look perfect to feel femm.

So basically you girls in the middle have been counted as Beckys of which we have 40, we have 11 Nikkis and 4 indeterminate.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Probably a Becky.

Although there is no halfway point with me, I am woman and dressed as such.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Always been a GIRL. Michelle1955's Avatar
    A Becky.

I'm a little of both Nikki and Becky. When I go out I want dress to be as feminine as I can. But at home just relaxing or in bed night I don't wear makeup or wigs.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Glenda that makes you a Becky i wouldn't been seen out if I wasn't looking my best.. but a Nikki has an extra level of attention to detail when she is dressing or doing her makeup
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

I'm somewhere in the middle. Going out I want to look my best, makeup, everything. When I can't do that, always something feminine under to work uniform. At home, at least the forms, hair, lipstick, and in bed always a nightie never makeup or wig.

I would have to say I’m more like Becky, but would love to become more like Ni

I would probably lean more to Nikki....

I am more like Becky, dressed not a lot of makeup

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    I'm a bit of both. I love to dress to the nines like in my Avatar and a bit dressing down like in my Profile pic. When not doing the total girl look, I underdress almost always and wear all female nurses' slacks and scrub tops and sneaks when working. I sleep in women's satin PJ's always and the wonderful feel of the smooth fabric against my hairlee body induce many crossdressing dreams.