Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking vs Feeling

Looking vs Feeling

I was having a very interesting discussion today with my friend Nikki Windsor. Whilst we have many things in common, we also have some big differences when it comes to dressing. Please excuse my use of the first person.

Nikki is an all or nothing Girl, when she dresses, she goes full on and spends a lot of time and care to perfect every aspect of her look. She loves makeup specially her eyes. Nikki needs to look as much like a woman as possible in order to feel like a woman and is always glamorous and dressed to perfection.

Becky is very comfortable with some very basic makeup (or none at all) and a very casual fem look. She can feel very much like a women without needing to dress as one, as she feels that GG's often go without makeup, so she really likes to feel that she is just doing what a GG does most of the time, even if this means avoiding mirrors. Of course like any GG, she loves getting all glammed up for an outing or a special occasion.

So for example Becky will use any opportunity to sleep enfemm, she loves the feeling of lying in the dark or waking up in a soft nightie. Nikki will not sleep enfemm as she can't sleep in makeup.

So Girls are you a Nikki or a Becky?
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Yes, I'm a Nikki and proud of it!!
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

I'm not exactly sure. I think that we all will do whatever it takes, to, in our own minds, tick off the box that indicates 'female' when it comes to declaring what we are. That may also change from day to day; one day maybe it includes shaving everything. Another, just wearing panties and a bra under whatever outer clothes will be adequate. For while I don't wear make up because I can't see it, I DO spend a lot of time getting my manicure just right, with rings, bracelets, and a watch only appropriate for a girl. As always, the devil is in the details.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I must go with Becky. I sleep in a nightie, with my satin and lace eyemask but I do not even own any make up at the moment.

Becky, I am somewhere in the middle. I don't go out with complete makeup and if I am dressed, I wear a dress. However, I will sleep in a nightgown without makeup. I guess it just depends on the circumstances.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I'm going with Becky as well, it takes a long time to perfect everything in the total image, where I can feel like a girl when I sleep in a nightgown and panties

Most definitely more of a Becky for me. Years ago, I wouldn't have been totally opposed to a Nikki though.

More of a Nikki but from time to time a little Becky thrown in. I have never slept fully enfemme, sometimes panties though.
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

In between. I get so little Samantha time, that now when I do I want to go out and will do up the full glam makeup - frankly feel I need the glam to just cover up the man face . But I do like to trade between dresses and heels out and more typical GG outfits - skinny jeans/leggings with long blouses, and flats. When home during Samantha time, I'll dress simply, and sleep after washing the glam off in a nightie gown.

Hi Becky, As much as I would love to be a complete girly girl like Nicky, if that were the only way I could feel girly, I would go for long period of time between ever feeling the girl in me. Therefore no only do i under dress almost every day but at every opertunity I will add girls clothes to complete the outer girl, and only every few months do I get to go full out to be the girly girl complete with makeup.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    For me being an almost fulltime girl I need some makeup as well but I also sleep enfem without makeup.
    everyday I wear women’s clothes at home without makeup because don’t care for guy clothes.
    So I guess I’m in between Becky and Nikki
    Rachael

I am mostly a Becky yet I get mam'd an out a lot. So sometimes I am Nikki. but I sleep in fem lingerie a lot.
    Part Time Girl

To clarify slightly Dana, I would never step out unless i was properly made up and dressed. I love doing my makeup properly, I love being glammed up too at times, but i don't need to do that to feel femininne.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Yeah I do makeup on when I go out. But with a clean shaved face and maybe sometimes when not shaved I get mam'd in male clothes for example. But I have long hair and try to keep it nice..
    Part Time Girl

I am like Becky except for the nighty. I am comfortable getting dressed up more formally, which I do a lot for my 2 theater subscriptions and all those other outings, and use minimal makeup most of the time and stay away from too much makeup. I am also very comfortable as me, being me, going with minimal touches. I never felt "girly" because I really do not understand that term. I always feel like myself and am comfortable and out with that feeling.

I'd have to say more of a Becky right now although that's probably more because of lack of supplies at the moment. If I had more to work with I'd probably be more of a Nikki. I want to see more of a woman staring back at me in the mirror than my male persona.

Ideally a Nikki, but more often a Becky for practical purposes.

Banned Read only
    Becky,
    I'm more of a Becky !
    Everyday is possibly more difficult than dressing to the nines, it's something I'm having to really think about when I move into my new home . Dressing will be almost everyday, waking up (in a nightie ! ) and doing basic makeup, slip on suitable clothes to walk the dog . The rest of the day taken up with household jobs and hopefully some gardening and possibly off to the shops to get my basics for the day .

I love getting dressed up but like many GGs there is a time and place , being a Nikki all the time isn't practical , I won't totally blend in which has been kicked about the forum for years , we know there are signs we give off . The question is will I be a man or a woman well the simple answer is I'll be Teresa whether it be TG or TS I will still dress as naturally as possible .

Becky for me.
    I don't have a wig or wear makeup anymore but I do generally sleep in a nightgown most nights.
    There is no desire to go out dressed anymore so the requirement to pass no longer exists.

Smooth legs and painted toenails are the extent of my (semi) permanent dressing traits and strangely although I love dressing I find long nails and long hair infuriating although a wig was fine but when I did wear one it was removed as soon as I left the 'public' eye.

I have experienced being a Nikki for a couple of years around 20 years ago when single and a little over half my current age but my strong male frame and features would make it very difficult now even if I desired it.

At this time feeling is more important than looking and whilst I am lucky enough to have a SO that will be supportive on whatever I want to do, I am comfortable and content with my current lot.
    Lots of Love Lilly xx

Not me in the avatar but the lovely Jenny Powell who I loved so much

I'm going to straddle the fence here and hope I don't get caught!
    Bit of both to be honest.. recently I've only been dressing when im able to go the whole hog. Make up us just as much a part of it as the clothes are..

in saying that, I sleep in lingerie or nighties and have done so for a number of years. So even if I have a weeks or more growth on my face, im still feeling girly if I'm not looking it it.
    i am what I am, I do what I do..
    i do not seek approval from others.

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    I'm a bit of both. Like you, Becky, I always sleep in a pretty nightie and panties, but never with a wig or makeup...it's just the way that I prefer to sleep. But any time I dress during the day or to go out, it's only completely. Makeup, accessories, hair, etc. I'm all in, or all out. My particular flavour of transgenderism allows this...I'm one of those who is pretty comfortable in my man body, and, with the exception of my preference for nightwear and what I wear under my man clothes, I typically dress fully once a week on average.

I'm a Becky. I wear only female clothes after work and a nighty every night, no make up. I don't want to waste all that time as I don't feel feminine. I just feel great.

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    I'm Becky but love to be Nikki once in a while.

My friend Becky has me pegged...I'm totally addicted to physically presenting myself as feminine and glamorous as I can achieve. If, outwardly, I don't see myself as feminine as possible, I'm really bothered by the misalignment between how I feel (a woman) and how I look without makeup (a man)...I really need to have harmony between my inner feminine soul and spirit and an outer feminine appearance.
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

Sh-sh-sh-shakin' all over jemima_bates's Avatar
    A well put question!

For me: Nikki all the way. No (or little) makeup = No Jemima. I want to banish every last vestige of my male self when I dress.

It's all about the glamour, really.

Jemima
    x