Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Looking vs Feeling

I am more like Nikki, if I am going to do it, I want to pass. But I don't mind casual looks, and I try to blend for where I plan to be. Fun post, I love the comments Brenda

Quote Originally Posted by nikkiwindsor View Post
    Becky, I considered my casual "Becky" look an epic fail b/c when wearing just a little bit of makeup I just look too masculine which bothers my gender dysphoria immeasurably. Fortunately, I don't have to wear beard cover b/c my hair color is so light and the amount of facial hair I have is, fortunately for a girl at heart like me, not very impressive. Maybe I'll try a natural look again but with more makeup this time. I am allowed to apply mascara, some eyeliner, a hint brown eye shadow, an earthy toned lip, and a bit of blush don't I? If you're asking me to go with less cosmetics than that you can forget me ever trying a casual look again! Nikki
    Have you considered dressing and not looking in the mirror Nikki? could you not be happy putting on some light makeup a wig and some casual but pretty clothes and browsing on here for a bit.. or does being a Nikki involve copious amounts of Mirror gazing?
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Thank you, Becky.
    I am a Becky all the way. [Love you Nikki; really do].

Until The Wife grows more accustomed to seeing Ilene (and she slowly is), and living with the new feminized me, I have infrequent times when I can fully dress (with complete makeup). I could probably do more and force it. She's seen me in full femme. The truth probably is that I don't have the time to get dolled up every day, and like most GG's I don't NEED to put on a lot of make up even for going out.
    Right now, I take what part and whatever items of m CD/TG femme life I can fit into it. I always do. I'm always in something "girly", be it panties [24/7], or bra and camisole under a shirt or sweater. I'm having more time around the house to dress but it's often just a simple dress or skirt; maybe my wig and lipstick at best.
    I have a couple femme items I wear for bed; a nice nylon lacy slip, panties. Sometimes I just wear leggings.
    Again, I'm almost always in something feminine or girly. If I can dress up enough to go out En Femme, I seize upon it. I'm not obsessed so much these days with putting Ilene on public display (though I am suffering an unrelieved Pink Fog attack right now).
    Dress and enjoy it when it's feasible. Slowly gaining tolerance (recently came out to a brother ). Slowly, The World is allowing me to be Me.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Last night, I dressed up with far less makeup than my usual...no false eyelashes, no lip liner, no lining the inner rim of my eyes, just a little contour, and a neutral light eye shadow with gray smudged eyeliner on the upper lash line and outside of lower lash line. I'll work on summoning up the courage to post. And Becky, while I like to see the woman in me in the mirror I'm not glued to it! A remarkable statement, I know!
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

I am much closer to Becky as much by desire as by circumstance.
    I have gone all out and had a makeover, had my nails done and bought an expensive wig - The proverbial "whole nine yards" and I still look like a guy in a dress.
    I did have a good time and I thought I looked as good as I could but, as I said, MIAD all the way.
    I would love to be able to pass and perhaps, if I could come close to passing, I might gravitate more towards Nikki, but in the final analysis, it has always been about how I feel when I dress and not how I look.

It just feels right.
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

Well I certainly love to glam it up but I also dress very casual, jeans sneakers minimal makeup, pads of course. BUt I have always thaought that if you avoid mirrors and have your double A bra and panties yo0u can be fem to your minds content. Just like a GG. It all in the mind
    But I do love the act of makeup application and dressing. They are my favorite CD thing
    Do what feels good and make you comfortable because your the most important person in the world
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Sallee, I think you sum up a Becky really well... love to glam up but also love to be casual like a typical GG... and yes at times the mirror is NOT my friend.

Nikki, please share your 'Becky' Pic with us
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Oh girlfriend, I'm not so enthralled with the idea of sharing the pic...I feel way too bare faced...I have to get use to the look first - and that may never be
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

Which I guess pretty much confirms you status as a Nikki
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec