Thread: An unexpected moment

An unexpected moment

I have a 6-foot privacy fence around my back yard and in warm weather I enjoy spending time out there dressed fem to one degree or another -- it's the closest I ever come to being "out" here in my little community. It's where I do my bikini-bottom tanning, and there's no better way to relax after a long summer day than slipping on something gurly after showering and shaving everything, popping the top of an ice cold beer and retreating to the yard to enjoy the cooling of the day. I was doing exactly that late one afternoon this past summer, dressed comfortably casual in a sleeveless top, my favorite sandals, a little jewelry, just a touch of lipstick and a short, snug-fitting, worn-out denim miniskirt badly frayed and actually torn in a couple of places from many washings but oh so comfortable. I was lazily inspecting my garden's progress and picking some new lilac blooms when I suddenly heard a man's voice speaking to me.

I whirled around to see a middle aged hispanic man peering through a small gap in the fence. He was working in the yard across the alley, had noticed that a section of my fence had blown a bit loose in a recent wind storm and was asking if I would like him to fix it. Now normally I would have panicked and beat a hasty retreat into the house, but for some reason I kept my composure this time and stood my ground. I met his gaze, smiled and explained that I had already purchased the materials to make the repair and planned on doing it myself, allowing my voice and gestures to take on a mildly effeminate manner as I spoke.

I could see his eyes scanning me up and down from head to toe, lingering on my skirt and legs. He didn't seem to be shocked or unsettled by what he saw, and he made no mention of my appearance. I don't know if he was attracted to what he saw or was simply intrigued by the novelty, but it was obvious he was trying to think of a way to prolong the conversation. Maybe he was hoping I would change my mind, maybe he wanted to be invited into my yard, maybe he had stumbled into an awkward situation and didn't know how to exit tactfully, I dunno. Before things got too awkward I thanked him for his offer and pivoted a bit to signal I was turning my attention back to my garden -- and to give him another view. He returned to his work and that was that.

I really enjoyed that unexpected moment of unintended exhibition and interaction. I hadn't felt trapped exactly, but I felt very much on display, in a good way. I wonder if he knew that if he had made any sort of overture at all I would have suggested he clean up after his work was done and come back for a cold beer ...

Gold Member
    Today I was off and at home, and as normal, I was dressed in a new red floor length skirt and blue top.
    The door bell rang and I saw a delivery person standing by the door. I just went over to the door and opened it.
    I stuck out my hand, he handed me the package, I scribbled a name on his pad, and nothing was said by either of us.
    I closed the door, then realized just happened. I was seen by some one in a dress.
    Rader

Gotta love those silly men and their roving eyes, but most stop about chest high, maybe that's why they don't inspect my face as much and I sneak by. And yes I too take on more feminine gestures when I know they are watching. I really should stop my flirting even if it is very minimal.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Its hard to really know what they are thinking when someone comes up on you like that.
    I was changing oil in my SUV in my driveway wearing cutoff blue jean shorts ( not quite Daisy Dukes but short) and a girls tank top.
    Basically 50/50 mode but with a long pony tail high up on my head I could see a guy mistaking my gender for female.
    I went to the back of my SUV to get the new oil and filter and a guy walking his dog while talking on his cell phone and he got all tied up in his dogs leash and almost tripped..
    He hadn't lived in the neighborhood very long so he didn't know I was the resident tranny of the neighborhood.
    He knows now and is cool with it.
    When we have the annual block BBQ and beer bash each summer he has to tell that story.

I love all your stories! I know something similar will happen to me, out or not (I’m not), so I might as well prepare for it psychologically. No, I don’t want to be discovered accidentally. Just that I dress so frequently, and enjoy outdoor time, that I know a neighbor, UPS driver, pool guy, yard guy, or someone will see me. Guess I’ll just own it.
    You are you. You are beautiful. Labels are worthless.

Well, if you're caught off guard like I was, with no graceful way to avoid it or extricate yourself, you have two choices: you can act scared and ashamed and look like a perv, or you can own it. I'm not sure what I would have done if it had been someone I know, but in that situation I'm glad I reacted as I did. It was actually kind of a turn-on.

Agree with sherri, you just have to be prepared to own it. I enjoy stepping out for private strolls in my back yard dressed a cozy outfit of choice. But having a total of 5 neighbors, there is a big possibility that a 6 foot fence may not always offer enough privacy. Well it did so happen that late one afternoon I stepped out while chatting on the phone and wearing just my black Speedo one piece lycra S2000 bathing suit, still wet from my swim earlier. He asked me if I had seen his cat. I told him no and he left. But he got the full view of me wearing my one piece bathing suit. Nothing came of it, but I thought a lot of what I might have to say if something was mentioned about it. All I could think of would be to own it and answer that I wore ladies bathing suits sometimes as "personal preference". So there.

Aspiring Member
    Sherri,
    I totally agree with you on owning it during interactions with people.

Although I don't wear a wig (yet) when out, it is obvious that my casual attire is from the ladies department plus I am usually wearing light makeup and jewelry. With each encounter, I keep my head up (no cowering), make eye contact, and the conversations are very normal. If appropriate, I like to add light hearted comments, which I think helps people to be put at ease, and it helps me to be at ease.

I have a decent fence, so I was totally surprised when a utility truck raised its bucket above it.

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Sami Brown View Post
    I have a decent fence, so I was totally surprised when a utility truck raised its bucket above it.

Sami
    Lol. I had a similar experience with a meter reader while I was sunbathing in a bright pink bikini bottom.

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sami Brown View Post

Sami
    Not as surprised as the guy in the bucket! One of many stories he has I'm sure. Window cleaners have the most funny stories about stumbling into 'different' people, always worth chatting with them!