Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I like flats

I like flats and a philosophical question.

Flats really were my first love when it comes to women's clothes. Flats and ballet shoes and tights. At 12, 13 I even dreamed of doing ballet so I could wear them. I don't recall wanting to dress as a woman. I just wanted to wear flats and tights. Maybe I wanted to be a girl. so I could wear them. Of course I never had the courage to take up ballet.
    I also remember at about 12, reading a book about Napoleon. There was a picture of his coronation ceremony where he wore white flats with a bow. My feelings were sort of conflicting, on the one hand I thought that was way too girly for my beloved great emperor and master strategist but on the other hand I was intrigued. And slowly intrigue won me over. Flats with a bow are still high on my wish list. A bit later I got all dreamy from seeing period dresses (victorian and such) on TV but a lot of the female clothes I saw around me didn't do much for me.
    Only a lot later did I start to see my desire as a desire to "dress as a woman" and I gradually expanded the clothes I was into, pencil skirts and heels are a pretty recent love (wearing them as I write this, I am completely won over)
    Anyway, I don't know where I am going with this. I guess I have two questions to you all. 1: who else likes flats ( come on you girls, aren't flats the best!?) And 2: A more philosophical question: Do we just happen to like to wear certain clothes that just happen to be meant for women or do we like to wear them because they are for women. I used to go for the first option but I am moving toward the second.

Ewww... a HUGE no to flats! Lol... to each their own, but I ONLY want sky high boots, heels and platforms!

I just feel SO much better and SO much sexier in heels! And they make my legs look better too!

Aviatrix in Waiting Melanie Moxon's Avatar
    I quite like flats, they are cute and as I am 6' 2" they will be perfect for blending in when I eventually go out.

See, cute:
    resizedBPs.jpg

I have bad feet and so flats are my go to shoe if there is any real walking or standing to do. Not as sexy but a lot more comfortable.

Cute indeed, Thunderbird. If I didn't control myself I would own 800 pairs of plain black flats. I don't see the option for posting pics otherwise I would show you the pair just slipped in.

Esther.....
    Was Napoleon a CD? Interesting question. I'd say "quite possibly" but irrelevant to his place in history.
    As for your qiestions: I honestly have no idea. For me: I just want to be a girl, always have and probably always will.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Oh. And flats? They suck 😊

Don't like flats.

I wear shoes because they are cute and go with my outfit.

Silver Member
    No flats for me. It feels like a half measure. My minimum is a 3 inch wedge and my current favorite is a pair of red and black velvet pumps with an ankle strap and three and a half inch heels. When I dress, I'm a man in a dress, and that's what I want people to see, not an ambiguously effeminate guy in a girly top.

Quote Originally Posted by Esther Latour View Post
    1: who else likes flats ( come on you girls, aren't flats the best!?) And 2: A more philosophical question: Do we just happen to like to wear certain clothes that just happen to be meant for women or do we like to wear them because they are for women. I used to go for the first option but I am moving toward the second.
    I like flats and heels! One of my first pairs of shoes were flats and I have a pair that are effectively my house slippers. Based on the picture you can tell I like like the scrunchy ballet flat myself. Like the shoes I like dresses, heels and skirts because they are dresses, heels and skirts and not so much because they are womens dresses and such. I love some of the Homme Mystere products.

Flats.jpg
    "You are not an accident, nor are you malfunctioning. You are performing EXACTLY as coded." For many "Man in a Dress" is the worst atrocity commit-able; for me it's just reality. Click to Learn About Me. Click to Complain About Me! There is a fine line between brutal honesty and honest brutality. It is rarely in the same place for the sender and the receiver.

I wear flats and heels. I like both and wear what is appropriate for what I am going to be doing while I am dressed. If I am working around the house,I wear flats.

I like flats as well. Gladiator sandals, riding boots, and of course the ballet flats. I believe every outfit needs the right shoe and sometimes that means flats.

Ballet Flats with opaque tights and a nice A-line or skater skirt is one of my favorite options.

Flats have their place in one's wardrobe, as do heels. However, for me, heels take pride of place.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

I think Flats can be just as sexy as heels.

I bought flats for when heels hurt your feet on a night out and pull them out of my purse and wear the flats back to the hotel. Only time I wear them.
    Part Time Girl

Will be using my Flats tomorrow--as I have nr 200 yds to walk on dirt/gravel/rough path to get to the bus stop from my place. Then will put on 2.5" dress sandals for the ride, then walking to do at the other stop. I Love my 4" Pumps, and Block Heels sandals, but they are not practical for walking very far. That dadblummed landscape rock we have outside can wreck Shoes in a hurry!! But its my shortest route out of here. So like the GGs do, I carry a bag for the shoe changes. Use my Tall Pumps mostly for photos. Use my Flats or Low Wedges for walking. Blessings Toni G..

I'm a Flats Girl by preference! & I'm often told that I need to stay grounded, my flats keep me fairly close! Win win!!!

As for the Ph. Q. Both, my skirt was designed to fit a woman with my figure!

Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

I bought my first femme shoes at a charity shop last week. Flats, comfy & cute

I love my flats !
    Certainly I love my heels as well, but for everyday wear doing everyday things flats are my go to.

I think my love of flats began when I was very young and I was captured by my cousin's patent leather Mary Janes. They were so pretty and feminine and I wanted them so badly. Never did get a pair of my own, but I still think fondly of the memory.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Glad to see flats are popular! And May janes, I love Mary Janes!

Quote Originally Posted by Julia1984 View Post
    Esther.....
    Was Napoleon a CD? Interesting question. I'd say "quite possibly" but irrelevant to his place in history.
    Well this is what he looked like https://www.rauantiques.com/emperor-...achim-guernier
    Aren´t those flats cute! I guess he used his power to convince everybody that this was the macho look, or else...

Esther. Great painting, though "after Gérard." It didn't end well for the little Corsican, though.
    Hugs
    Julia

I just got my first pair a couple of weeks ago because at nearly 6 ft heels make me too tall. I always loved high heels and for years never had anything else. but I will be looking for more flats in different colors to go with my other outfits.ALEX (1).JPG
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovethatdress/

Julia, I didn't realize it wasn't the original painting. On the Gerard version he seems to be wearing different shoes though.
    You might say his career went a bit down hill but he did end up getting a lot of me time. I hope he was allowed to take his stash of white stockings and flats with bows to Saint Helena..

I absolutely love flats!

I have a few pairs of heels and sandals but more flats than anything else in different colors and styles.
    Also, while I'm not extremely tall or anything ( 5'-10") I prefer to not look any taller than I am, and like
    to also present as an average woman my age.
    When you go to the store or whatever, you mostly see women in flats. I think theyre cute, comfortable, and
    an another expression of my feminine self...Theyre more "me"

As far as number 2, these days I wear them because they are for women..

Good post and Merry Christmas!

I love flats. I just got my first pair of Tieks. They are fantastic!
    https://balletflatsformen.wordpress.com/