Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Most exciting experience this year?

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    I would have to say going pretty to the Lita Ford and Lee Aaron concert as being my most exciting crossdressing experience https://www.crossdressers.com/forums...ing&highlight= Pales in comparison to the exciting times had in which did not involve crossdressing though. I don’t recall a year like this one where the non-crossdressed moments outshined the crossdressing moments. Perhaps signs of crossdressing interests diminishing?????

It would be getting out and interacting with people for the first time. It wasn’t at all as I expected, was ma’amed more than once and even complimented on my hair and makeup. Since then I’ve been out at least once a week, it quickly becomes addicting.

Being told by a sales associate that my selection of bras was really perfect for my form. She was especially helpful in the process.

Spending a day at the state capitol fully dressed, with no 'safety net' of access to male clothes to change back into, and meeting with several state congress men and women and senators as part of a lobby day effort for some LGBTQ-related legislation.

Aspiring Member
    Left my hotel room key card in the room, locking myself out. I do this fairly often in drab, despite my best efforts to avoid it. This time, I was en femme. I summoned some courage and went to the hotel desk to ask for another key card. The clerk, a young woman, asked for ID. I handed over my true and correct male photo ID. She looked at it and prepared a new key card without any comment or change in body language. As she handed me my ID and the new key card, she smiled pleasantly and commented, "Your outfit looks nice." The compliment seemed sincere and kind, so I will take it that way.

I was wearing a long sleeve red/black plaid top under a red puffer best, a dark wash denim skirt with black tights and black booties, and my 25% gray / brown wig. That blended well with what others my age were wearing around town that cool January morning in Phoenix.

Aspiring Member
    About 4 or 5 months ago, while at the supermarket, I bumped into a retired colleague, whom I was close to when he was working. As I was wearing women's jacket, jeans, casual top, light make-up and earrings, he asked - what's with the earrings? Hey, are you getting one those gender change thingies?

He did complement the earrings and his wife joined in the conversation, which was in the middle of aisle. We chatted about the workplace and shared a few laughs - everything was quite normal after the initial encounter.

As a result of the experience, I feel more at ease when out today.

Flying pretty is up there. Done it 4 times since that first time.

Went to the eye doctor dressed. It was a new doctor so I didn’t have to explain the different appearance. Got a nice pair of Michael Kors glasses.

But I think the most exciting experience I had was my wife finding and reading my journal. I had started to write down all my thoughts and experiences cross dressing over the years. It ended up being about 50 pages of stream of consciousness in all aspects of my dressing. It was actually very therapeutic as I had never really talked in detail to anyone about it. She said she found it in my luggage when she went to get my laundry and couldn’t put it down after she started reading it.

She is well aware of my dressing and is OK with it. She said she was amazed at what she didn’t know about this lifestyle. She was very supportive and expressed a desire to take a more active role since she realizes now how much Kara is part of who I am. I’m very lucky,

Mine was sitting on the balcony of my hotel fully dressed looking over the ocean for hours reading a book and having a drink in heaven well it was Port Lincoln South Australia

My most exiting time this year was while on holiday in the new forest. My wife is fine with my needs and supports me fully, but it was an understanding that it stays between us and nobody else including family.
    While away i was dressed pretty much 24/7 and one morning, after i got ready for the day, she got up and asked what i wanted to do today, expecting to get changed back to my male self. She then just came out with "lets go for a drive, dont bother getting changed, just go as you are" so we spent the day out as best friends and took in all the little parks round the forest. Even when i needed a nature break, she was fine with it and finally returned late afternoon for an evening in the garden watching all the birds on the feeders.

Colleen.

Two things:

1 - getting my ears pierced, I'm finally able to wear some really cute earrings!

2 - Getting a mani/pedi alongside my ex-wife, at HER suggestion!

Although she and I are no longer man & wife, we remain friends. And her acceptance of me as Jodie is growing.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

I joined a support group in the Northern Virginia area and went to a 'New Girls' Social'.

It was the first time that I've ever socialized with other crossdressers. It was amazing!
    "It is so easy to exist, instead of live. Unless you know there is a clock ticking."
    --Anna Quindlen, writer, journalist, columnist

My most exciting experience was finding a small womens clothing store (only small because it was family owned and operated). I went inside under dressed with a body stocking (love wearing body stockings).
    Well, after browsing and chatting with the mom and adult daughter, the daughter asked if I wanted to trying something on (the daughter caught on I was shopping for me, the mom still thought I was shopping for the wife). After I quickly picked something out, the daughter showed me to the dressing room. She continued our conversation while I was trying items on. She asked how things were fitting and was very pleasant.
    I tried on a the couple of things I picked out and thought I looked really good in one outfit, but wanted a second opinion. I asked if she mind giving her opinion and she agreed without hesitation. I stepped out and she said I looked great. She invited me to walk over to the very large mirror they had on a nearby wall. It gave me a great view and I thought I looked great.
    I went back to change into my 'normal' clothes and as I was changing she brought out a couple of more outfits from the back for me to take a look at and try on. When she got to me dressing room, she handed them to me over the door, very politely.
    As I tried on the first outfit, it seemed a bit tight. As I was trying to take if off, I quickly realized I was in need of assistance. I explained to the daughter my predicament and asked if she minded. She said not at all and said as if I were truly a female, she would assist them without hesitation, so I opened the door carefully. She said I would need to step out of the dressing room, as she was not allowed in with the customers. Once out, she assisted me in a very professional way. I did let her know ahead of time, I was only wearing a body stocking, so she would not be surprised.
    As I was trying on the last outfit, she brought one more from the back room, a larger size then the others (and much shorter). When she arrived at the dressing room, I was wearing the last outfit, so since she had already seen me in my stocking, I just opened the door. She complimented me on the outfit and handed me the larger one.
    I thanked her for her kindness and friendliness and she said I was not their only crossdress dresser to shop in their store. This took the whole conversation in a new, much more relaxed direction.
    I tried on the last outfit and made my choices as to which ones I would purchase.
    I have been back a few times to store (not the cheapest store $$) when I had some extra money and enjoyed each shopping trip.

This was definitely mine

I belong to two crossdresser/transgender support groups in the Chicago land area. They both have events during the year and at holidays where one wants to be more glamorous for these occasions. The lady I would normally go to for makeovers who dealt strictly with the crossdresser community retired, so I had to find someone new. I made appointments with Mario Tricoci's in Oakbrook, Il. to have my wig styled, a manicure and to have a makeover. I've gone three times now and i love the way I'm treated by the staff and by other customers. My nervousness about walking through the shopping center dressed enfemme and having these services performed at Mario's has largely disappeared. The same makeover artist has done me three times now. I think I have a more enjoyable experience at the salon and with the make-up artist than I do at the events. I would still like to go shopping and have dinner while dressed enfemme.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

I belong to two crossdresser/transgender support groups in the Chicago land area. They both have events during the year and at holidays where one wants to be more glamorous for these occasions. The lady I would normally go to for makeovers who dealt strictly with the crossdresser community retired, so I had to find someone new. I made appointments with Mario Tricoci's in Oakbrook, Il. to have my wig styled, a manicure and to have a makeover. I've gone three times now and i love the way I'm treated by the staff and by other customers. My nervousness about walking through the shopping center dressed enfemme and having these services performed at Mario's has largely disappeared. The same makeover artist has done me three times now. I think I have a more enjoyable experience at the salon and with the make-up artist than I do at the events. I would still like to go shopping and have dinner while dressed enfemme.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Perhaps that was a full day dressed in Amsterdam, I took the tram, buses and went to bars and clubs, it was a great day, I do have a threat about it.

Going full makeup and dress. Finally getting better at applying the makeup

2017 was a year of firsts for me as well, but 3 stand out.

The first 2 were while I was out fishing.

First, I went fishing wearing a pair of Capris, sandals with painted toes, and toerings, a racer back swimsuit and a racerback coverup. I got to my spot and someone was already there, I went to move on and he said that I was welcome to share the spot. So I went in and fished beside him, we talked about normal stuff and had a conversation.

Second I was fishing in a different spot, wearing a grey dress, sandals and painted toes. When a second fisherman showed up he didn't bat an eyelash. That was my first time being seen in a dress by someone other than my wife.

Third, and my most exciting was going to Atlantic city, with my wife. We went down to the beach and I wore a Racerback Tankini for the first time in public, with nothing to disquise the fact that that was what it was.
    My wife told me she didn't want me to become Liz from AHS Hotel.
    I Promised her that I have never and do not plan on killing anyone.
    I wonder why she wasn't comforted by that?

(True Story btw)

Thanks to all who wrote some amazing and inspirational stories! This was exactly I was hoping people would share.

I hope everyone has an exciting upcoming year.

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki A. View Post
    A lot of things were more of an evolution rather than exciting.
    Same here, really. All my exciting things were done years ago.

But in 2017 I did get out there a lot -- in guy-mode. Longer trips out, new & different places, and stepped up my public leggings-game in terms of prints & colors.

Do something often / frequently enough on a regular basis, racking up that experience under your belt, and it just becomes normal. After a while you just stop giving so much of a hoot, and simply go about your daily business.

Oh, and having personal interactions with employees/fellow customers/strangers while dressed like that, so they see you as less of an oddity & more of a human? Priceless.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    It would have to be the hotel locking me out of my room and my attempt to get it all fixed. That experience gave me the opportunity to deal with a lot of people who understood I was Transgender without me having an option to hide or run away. It also gave me the inspiration to write a short story that I thought was fun. https://www.crossdressers.com/forums...e-in-Room-1407
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Silver Member
    First, having dinner with a forum sister at a nice restaurant, served by a great waiter who addressed us as ladies and with ma'ams.

Second, was the first time I went for a pedicure with red polished toes. The nail tech smiled and said how pretty they were, before she cleaned them. I didn't have her polish them, as I love to do them myself.

2017 was a crazy year, and dressing wasn't a big part of it, until the end. I met a new SO, who is much more open minded and adventurous. I came out to her after several months of dating, although I should have earlier as I had a strong feeling she would be if not into it, at least somewhat accepting. Other than some hurt feelings at keeping a secret, she was very into it and supportive. So for my birthday she surprised me by getting us lingerie, doing my make up for me, and spending the evening with Christina, talking, drinking mimosas, dancing and enjoying a girls night. it was an amazing birthday and may not be matched.

My wife spent the summer out of state at the lake house. I did not go, except to several quick visits, due to help taking care of my mom. I would visit mom for several hours three days a week and then a few hours shopping and yard work. The rest of the time I was dressed. The first stretch was 31 days, then a visit to the lake, then a 30 day stretch.
    I have an agreement with my wife not to go out. It was hard staying in but I got a lot of projects done around the house. The fact that it was an extremely hot and humid summer also made staying inside easier.
    I really enjoyed it. Mainly in skirts and dresses when dressed. My only cheating was occasionally taking my wig off.
    What I found interesting was that except for the wig I never tired of dressing.

For me, just slipping outside to take some pics is exhilarating...it's dangerous since our backyard is very small and neighbors could easily see me if they were paying attention. So far, I think I've enjoyed my time outside without anyone seeing me!
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

Mine was going to a local gay night club in Fairfield CT with a new gurl friend, dressed in my white shirt, black skirt, heels and dark nylons of course ( school theme/hot for teacher). We sat outside in picnic area and had our drinks of water and mine was wine. Another couple asked to sit with us (M/F). She was bi and hubby was super curious about me and my date. We both sat across from the couple, for me/gf, we were hugging expressing our self's about being just us, (2 gurls). G rated version lol.....Oh I make a mean breakfast the next day. Not exciting but delicious never the less.

X Kara
    Last edited by mbmeen12; 02-08-2018 at 03:38 AM. Reason: typo
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.