Thread: Christmas wish

Banned Read only

Christmas wish

Wish the uneducated public would come to realize there are crossdressers and accept them without shock or criticism just as they have accepted gays, lesbians and homeless. It's really no big deal, hurts no one, just an individuals personal choice in the type of clothes they want to wear.

Platinum Member
    I was hoping for peace on earth and goodwill towards all...pretty much the same thing
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by deebra View Post
    Wish the uneducated public would come to realize there are crossdressers and accept them without shock or criticism just as they have accepted gays, lesbians and homeless. It's really no big deal, hurts no one, just an individuals personal choice in the type of clothes they want to wear.
    Deebra

I wish some of the Educated public would understand our community too.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Why not just have everyone get along no matter what our differences are?

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Do you not realise that many have NOT accepted those other groups either. They just get on with life anyway so why not you?

That is so true and one day we may get our wish. One main point is that knowing that this is frowned upon by many it makes the difficulties greater for the individual who dresses. I speak from personal experience here and it can be not only lonely but saddening too. If we didn't have enough to deal with in life to be persecuted for having different sexual desires or taste in what we wear is not how it should be. I accept it in myself and enjoy it. It is a big part of my life and will continue to be so. But on saying that, if people who I know really knew the truth I think many would not approve. So my secret life is my secret life. Lucy.

Pirate Queen wannabe Maria Blackwood's Avatar
    I kept my wish simple- lounging about in my new long red velvet dress, and decompressing from a tough work month before a week off. Wish granted. Red wine, of course, and the sharpest cheddar west of Wisconsin.

Banned Read only
    Deebra,
    The answer is get out there and educate them !

So many don't mind the TG community it's that just don't understand it , the number I've spoken to have a total misconception of why we CD , the time I've gone through the gay question or it's a drag act, they don't grasp that many of us are born his way and do have a female component . We have a genuine need to present as a woman to show our inner feelings the clothes are only part of the equation but that is all they see and not what is in our heads and what drives it . Go and tell them !!

Banned Read only
    Daisy: I do
    Teresa: I dress and go out in daylight, seeing me to some small degree is educating them I think: maybe so, maybe not???????

Here in the east village of manhattan I often go out en femme and people generally do accept me without criticism or shock. It really is no big deal. Btw I can blend in quietly but I don’t pass a close look and am absolutely outed whenever I speak - gravelly basso profundo. The 20-somethings especially, nothing but polite responses.
    I think it is partly my comfort and confidence, but mostly around here, the culture has shifted and we are already living in the future OP is wishing for.

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Daisy: I do
    Teresa: I dress and go out in daylight, seeing me to some small degree is educating them I think: maybe so, maybe not???????
    Deebra. Seeing you is definitely educating them, but only if you fail to pass! If you do pass then you are just another woman in the world. Ironic isn't it?