A little back story first. My wife is very understanding; however, she is hesitant with my dressing. So knows I dress and even helps me buy things. She knows it makes me happy, so I think she tolerates the dressing. The closest she has come to actually buying me something was ordering me a dress that I put on a list of items I wanted for my birthday a few months ago. She has never bought me anything on her own.............................until now.

Last night (Christmas eve) after we were done with all the family obligations and I was relaxing at home, she casually mentions she has a present for me in our room. I was tired and not really wanting to get up and go into our room. (Side note: We usually don't open or exchange any gifts until Christmas day, so I thought it would be something small.) After about 20 minutes, I said I was tired and lets go into our room. When I got in there she had two packages for me. I had dropped some hints that I wanted some yoga pants and a matching top w/sports bra. I had also dropped hints that I wanted a certain style of necklace. I opened the smaller package and it had several items in it including the necklace. I'll get to the other items in a minute. The second package contained the yoga pants and top that I had mentioned.

Now to the best part of my story, there were two sets of yoga pants and tops. One set in my size and one set in her size. I really like it when we can wear matching outfits. Back to the first package. I opened it up and there was a necklace and several pairs of clip on earrings. While I have desperately wanted some earrings, I have never told her that. There was also a beautiful grey scarf in the package; again, I've never said anything about a scarf.

When I was done opening the packages, I was speechless. I couldn't believe that she had actually bought several items I had hinted about and was extremely surprised she bought me other things. She has come a long way in her understanding and I couldn't ask for a more perfect wife.