Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Christmas Blues

So sorry to hear you are suffering. It's not easy when you can't be yourself. I've been in Christmas boy mode for days and it's no fun. Just before I logged on, I took off my boy underwear and slipped into a pair of black panties and put on my sweat pants back on. I feel a bit better, but I wish I could just be me.

Hey everyone, I really appreciate all of your support. It was a rough night for me and luckily I didn’t do anything drastic. I was emotional and stressed. I’m going to focus on myself this year. I think talking to a therapist might be a good place to start. I wish I could respond to each of you individually and thank you, it’s really great to feel all your support.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Make sure the therapist is a gender therapist a reg therapist may not know much about TG ism.
    Good luck I think thats the best thing you can do for you and thats what is important here YOU.

Silver Member
    If you family is toxic, and you are an adult, you may have to choose to simply not come and get involved with them.

As someone who was younger and in a similar situation... well... remember, it can ALWAYS be worse. To put it in perspective...

My mom died last week. Suddenly. With no warning. If you have someone in your family you really, really love... love them and enjoy them while you can.
    Last edited by Vickie_CDTV; 12-28-2017 at 02:20 AM.

Girl, I totally get it. I can't stand that I can't be myself around my family. I think there are some that would be ok with it, and a lot that wouldn't at all. It stinks that our families, who you should be able to be yourself around, are often the least accepting.

-Emily ✌️💖😁

I dread christmas. I get so depressed. A huge part of that is gender dysphoria, being closeted and so forth.

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    It's a fact that suicide rates spike during the holiday season.
    There are various reasons for it, but it's something to keep in mind that there is somethings about this time of the year that negatively effects a lot of people .

The good news is this feeling will pass at the end of January .
    We just have to be aware of all this.

In fact, a few decades ago, a friend of mine hung himself Christmas eve.
    His long time live in girlfriend, to her complete horror, found him hanging Christmas morning when she awoke ..... true story .
    Yeah, he had his problems but, it was the "holidays blues" that finally got to hm.
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 12-28-2017 at 10:19 PM.

I understand Wasp. same with my family. My first ex goes there also. Yes a blue Christmas. MY SO bought me jeggings and sweaters and a nice aqua, pink and purple flannel shirt plus big hoop earrings. she asked me to wear them and try them out. so it was a nice Christmas this year,
    Part Time Girl

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyLawrence View Post
    Alcohol may not be the best facilitator when it comes to making good decisions!
    I don't even need alcohol to make really bad decisions.

The advice about staying away from toxic family members is sound. I have walked out on the entire family during Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners when the toxic person - the person that was once my cousin - simply would not stop belittling me. (True story: I almost ran down my own father because I wanted to leave - he stood behind my car so I couldn't. After hearing my side of the story and how she made me feel, he relented and let me go. My Christmas dinner that year was a Big Mac value meal.)
    Last edited by Kayliedaskope; 01-09-2018 at 04:36 PM.
    "You are who you are, that's all right with me,
    But I am who I am, that's all I can be."
    -Trace Atkins, "Rough and Ready"
    ===========================================
    Just call me Kaylie