Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The gender of clothing

Aspiring Member
    Trying to expand our clothing choices by arguing that women should not have them is unproductive and does not help anyone. As some have said you can actually go out in a skirt or dress as a man if you want in most western countries. I have often worn a skirt as a man in public. Only once have I had a negative reaction - a woman shop owner ran her eyes up and down me with a withering look and shook her head. I found it amusing not upsetting - and that is as bad as it ever got. Even schoolchildren walked by without paying any attention to me.

I remember back in the early 1970s women liked wearing jeans and had to buy men's jeans because they didn't make them for women then. They had to pull the belt in tight to make them fit.

The solution is in our own hands. To change attitudes men have to be seen as much as possible in womenswear. There is a massive difference between a man wearing a skirt, tights and heels and one wearing false boobs, make up and a wig and presenting as a woman and we should not pretend otherwise. Both should be OK in our society and - you know what - they are - it is just a matter of turning tolerance into total acceptance.

Pantyhose for everyone! Jennifer_Ph's Avatar
    My wife got me a Utilikilt for Christmas... I absolutely LOVE wearing it. It's funny though, I feel so damn manly wearing it! I think that's why I like it so much.
    xxoo
    Jennifer

Reality Check
    This subject has already been discussed here a thousand times but what the heck...................

You can wear anything you want as long as your butt and genitals are covered but if you have a family or a job, you should consider the effect wearing a dress in public will have on them. People will think you are either gay or some sort of nut case. If that doesn't bother you or affect your family or job, fine. If it does affect one or both, you need to think about this.

Personally, I don't want the hassle of trying to explain to friends and others why I'm wearing a dress and my wife would be really embarrassed by it so I'll refrain from wearing a dress as Homer. I will wear dresses and other female attire in public but only after the full transition to Krisi.
    Krisi

Great point Krisi. It may not be right that society has created such strong expectations of gender norms, but because it may not be right doesn't mean they don't exist and that others aren't going to be affected by them. That doesn't mean we shouldn't go against them either, it is just something worth considering that it isn't just ourselves who will be affected by whatever negativity by going against gender norms.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Aspiring Member natalie edwards's Avatar
    Replied to wrong thread
    Last edited by natalie edwards; 12-28-2017 at 10:46 PM.

A couple of days ago I took the decision to reorder my clothing so that my storage isn't separated into mens and women's clothing. They're just my clothes. My skirts live with my trousers, my high heels live with my work steel toe caps etc and I feel wonderful for doing it. The thing to remember is that they aren't women's clothes or mens clothes. They're MY clothes.

I can mix and match between them for any occasion, whether that occasion is around the house and its a skirt or womens jumper or work which is all masculine style or a trip to the cinema with my wife which would be a men's top, bootcut jeans and a heeled boot. Or whatever I'm feeling up for at that exact moment. 2018 is going to be the year of not caring what random people on the street think of me.

Back in the 60's the High School in my town didn't allow girls to wear jeans so the girls protested for about two weeks and won the right.

I don't remember any boys protesting to wear dresses!
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?