Thread: question about new years eve

question about new years eve

If you and your wife were to go out for new years eve, and you wanted to go and dress pretty. (don't go out very often) Don't think I pass to well (only my feelings) Would you go down town to stand on Main street, go to a small bar, or go to a big party. I don't want to be noticed where ever I go. I think that everyone would be to busy to notice because they are just enjoying the main event at midnight. what is your feeling on this subject. Would love some feed back. Also Happy New Year to all.
    My story is the song "Reflection" by Jackie Evancho

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Why would you want to stand on main street?
    Be fine if the club you are going to is actually on main street.LOL
    Big party?? OK why go if you don't want to be noticed?
    If you think no one will notice I think you would be wrong to think that because some will notice you.
    Most people don't care so nothing to worry about really.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 12-26-2017 at 10:45 PM.

I saw an advertisement for a "New Years Masquerade Party" at a near by hotel, that would be good. Perhaps a celebration in a LGBT friendly area or club would be an option. Some towns used to have First Night parties but I haven't seen much of that lately.
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

If you venture out and mingle with the muggles, you realize after a while that most people really don't appear to care about how you are dressed. And if, as I suspect, the gentiles share a chuckle amongst themselves after you've gone, as long as you don't hear it, did it really happen? and does it really matter?

Humans are so wrapped up in themselves that they really think that all eyes are upon them. In truth, it isn't so. Mostly, except for a few whose lifes are so empty that they focus on others and examine & critique them mercilessly. But they are a small minority.

Live, experiment and experience life as you desire.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Don’t want to be noticed. Stay home. OR. You could put your big girl panties on and go out, perhaps be noticed and have a great time regardless.

While I do get ” noticed “. I am going out. This year it’s to a comedy club for NYE. How I feel is that you and everyone should go out and have a good time and not care about the general populous. Go have fun. It’s New Years.
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    Travel to a neighboring state so no one will recognize your wife. Take the plunge you should be all right lotta people,dark or very little light, no one will notice they will just see you as another girl ringing in 2018

It's going to be very close to 0°F here at the stroke of the New Year, so Main Street is right off the table for this gal!

I've been to a variety of New Years parties dressed in the past twenty years, big and small, loud and quiet, and always had a great time. It's one of those occasions when everybody is celebrating and they don't care much what the other people around them are wearing.

I always don my sparkliest party dresses, highest heels and most glittery nails for NYE. You can pull out all the stops and still fit right in!

- Diane

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I don't know about u, Carrie. But no one notices me when I go out in drab.

When I go out dressed, I GET NOTICED! And, I wish I could say, "Always in a good way". But, I'd be lying!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    In my small city (200,000) there is an event in the downtown area called "New Years Eve First Night" which has in door and out door venues. Thousands of people attend. I can only assume with the cold weather it would be easy to don a dress/skirt, heels or boots and bundle up with a knitted cap and scarf. I think there would be a good chance nobody would notice.

I have attended a few forays and it is usually dark and no one notices you unless they want to kiss you. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

If you don't pass, and I don't, you will get noticed wherever you go if people are around. More people ("big party") doesn't mean less people notice, it means more people notice. I would consider going somewhere crossdressing might be accepted - a liberal college event or a lgbt club, for example. If you are in the closet and/or afraid of getting recognized--and with your wife along you will--then travel to a different, larger town.
    Last edited by Taylor186; 12-28-2017 at 10:42 AM. Reason: clarity

I've never had the guts to go out in public dressed, but did discover one of my friends from high school was also into dressing. I was surfing around some personal ad's looking for someone into the lifestyle and found him. As we got chatting, discovered we knew each other. Made things so much more comfortable. So, being recognized might not be all that bad of a thing, but is scary as hell though!

My wife and I, with one of our girlfriends, will go out on the town NYE as theee hot babes. Planning to hit two diff parties in Philadelphia. Intending to have a blast. One thing is for sure: if you don’t go out, you will miss all the fun.

Two girls going out, you will get noticed. So what. Go and have a good time, no one will really care.

If you are that worried about it, go to a nice dinner. Afterward go home and finish the night in privet.

This way you both will have a nice evening, and you will not be on the streets with all the drunks.

As for me, I'll be at the bar with my friends and then walking to my room.

Happy New Year

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    In a perfect world I would wear something very pretty with the same for my wife. Then we would catch up with Jackie7 and her wife to do the town.

Platinum Member
    I don’t much care for New Year’s Eve....seems like an accident waiting to happen. But if I was to have a GG companion to spend the evening with, I’d probably lean towards a nice restaurant for dinner, the a transfriendly bar for the party.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Reality Check
    People keep saying "Nobody will notice." or "Nobody will care."

Well if people you know or people who know you notice, they will care. They may be family members, people you work with or for, members of your church or social group, etc. These are people you may not want to know that you are a crossdresser.

Going out alone, you may not pass but most likely people will not recognize you in women's clothing, a wig and makeup. Going out with your wife raises the risk quite a bit because people who know your wife may then recognize you by association or may even walk over and start talking to your wife. They will expect to be introduced to her companion (you).

Someone suggested going to another town or city where your wife is less likely to be recognized. That is an excellent suggestion. Drive a hundred miles, take a hotel room in the big city and relax and enjoy yourself.
    Krisi

Thank you for taking time to replay to my post. Now is the time to let my wife go in and read replays and decide what we feel best in doing that night. I always let her have the last word on these ideas because she is the one that is so understanding about Carrrie that I don't want to rock the boat and cause a problem for her or me. Happy New Year to all!

For me, it would be all about where you went for NYE. If it was just a night out among the general public, then, by all means dress up and have fun because nobody knows you. If it was a party with close friends, then I would be too petrified to reveal my other side, especially if it wasn't themed, as it may have consequences for both myself and especially my partner down the track.