Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with the feeling of guilt

Help with the feeling of guilt

So this year has been a crazy year for me and my dressing. I came out to my so last feb and ever scince i have been very obsessive with my dressing. I have freedoom that i never had before. We agreed upon that i will just dress when she leaves to visit her folks. Which she does a couple time a year. Well this week she went to visit. Why all the sudden this time i feel so much self guilt. I some what feel im progressing to fast. But i dont really know becuase its all so new Have you ladies experienced this before.and how do i deal with this

It doesn't sound to me like you're moving too fast. A wise person told me that life is too short to feel guilty, so I go with that. Anyway think of dressing as a guilty pleasure problem solved..Hugs Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    There's true guilt for things you do wrong and false guilt for things you think you did wrong but have not. Possibly it's because you have freedom to do what you want, but feel guilty doing it when she is out of town. Do something nice for your SO like scrub the kitchen and bathrooms while she out of town and have flowers waiting for her when she gets home as a gesture of appreciation.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Banned Read only
    Leslie,
    I found some guilt from dressing behind my wife's back , she did know eventually but I never got over the feeling of guiltily waiting for her to leave the house and then feel she's almost reluctant to walk back through the front door . I now find dressing means something more , snatched moments for the buzz have long gone , being caught feels a ridiculous situation now. I feel Kelly has the answer when you do dress do something to please or help your wife , they like nothing more than to walk into a clean and tidy house maybe even some touching up on areas that may have become shabby, ( no I don't mean your makeup ! ). My wife would really vent on me if she knew I'd dressed and there were still dirty dishes in the sink, at least I could have stacked them in the dishwasher .

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    You have NOTHING to feel guilty about. Problem solved. Next customer please.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    There's no magic bullet to dealing with feelings of guilt, but therapy is a great place to start.

Crossdressing is not illegal. It isn't bad for your health. It can cause problems for other people, but only because they themselves are conditioned to believe that it is somehow 'a bad thing'.

You were conditioned to behave in traditionally masculine ways. The feelings you are experiencing are confusing to you. After childhood it is far harder to accept change, and the urge to crossdress is confusing because it doesn't fit in with what you thought you knew about yourself.

Your feelings are further confused because you fear what your wife, and perhaps others, will think. Will they reject you? Will you lose your SO? Will these painful feelings of guilt remain with you for ever?

Your wife has been as tolerant as she feels she can be, which is positive. If your love for each other is strong, and you feel able, perhaps the best thing is to talk to her again about how you're feeling. And do consider therapy- but beware that there are many types of therapist and it's important to find one who is trained to deal with gender dysphoria, rather than picking the most convenient to drive to.

I recommend you write more here, as writing out your thoughts and feelings is very helpful to increasing your understanding of yourself.

Hugs, Nikki
    I used to have a short attention spa

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    Not guilty

Have you spoken to your SO about your guilt? Maybe if she tells you not to feel guilty it will be as simple as that.

Although I reached an acceptance of my femme side long ago, I do find solace and comfort in reading other girl's experiences on this forum. It is very reassuring to discover that I am not alone, and that there are many who have had the same ups and downs as I. My advise is to put on a pretty pair of panties and a matching bra and spend some quality time here.

In the past I have felt guilty about my dressing. Of course having been raised Catholic I pretty much felt guilty about everything. At this point I know how I dress effects no one but me and my fiancee who knows and supports. Therefore nothing to be guilty about.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

You are perceiving yourself guilty because of what others think. I and probably many on this forum have felt guilty about our dressing. I agree with what a few have said in this thread. Number one you have NOTHING to feel guilty about. Number two find a therapist who deals with gender issues. I started counceling and it definitely helped me to realize I had no guilt. I still see her once a week. She has helped me learn to know Yendis but to embrace and love her. I hope you find and love yourself?

You feel guilt when you do something you think is wrong. If you're feeling guilt about dressing, that implies that internally you think you're doing something wrong. No amount of us telling you that you're not doing anything wrong will help -- you have to tell yourself and believe it. Are you doing something different this time than other times? Something that crosses an internal line?
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Dressing two times a year doesn't sound like freedom or obsessive to me. If she's gone for a week and you dress the entire time she's gone, that's a different story. I can understand feeling guilty about it though. I think the guilt comes from your wife not really approving of you crossdressing. You probably also aren't telling her how involved you are in it. Like many here, a DADT situation is kind of not being completely truthful since you're not allowed to share what you're going through.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    You feel guilt when you do something you think is wrong. If you're feeling guilt about dressing, that implies that internally you think you're doing something wrong.
    In my case, I don't feel guilty about dressing, I feel guilty about hiding it from my wife. She knows I have dressed before and is opposed to all of it. I know that we should talk about it but I don't think it will end well. It's not the best but I make the most of the few times I get each year.

So my advice to the OP is to realize that the time you are getting is precious and accept that your SO is giving it to you with love and support. While she's gone, be the best Leslie you can, and when she comes home, be the best man for her to show your love and support for her. Good luck!

Aspiring Member
    IMHO, "freedom" and "obsession" are mutually exclusive words. If you are obsessed by something, it owns you, not the other way around. If I have the "freedom" to engage in my obsession, it's really a snare trap. Then when the opportunity to dress isn't there, I end up feeling miserable. When I go down the CD rabbit hole, it's really tough to come out of it and every other aspect of my life suffers as a result, but most especially my marriage.

Those times when I manage to shake off the obsession, is when I truly feel free and content, and able to indulge in other interests. So I am working on identifying and eliminating the triggers. For me, anxiety is a big one. A recent medication change greatly reduced my anxiety. I was so anxious I had trouble getting myself out the door and into the world.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    Dressing can be like the kid in the candy store, they eat until they are sick. Letting the dressing go overboard can do similar things in your head.

I agree with Pat, who said, "You feel guilt when you do something you think is wrong. If you're feeling guilt about dressing, that implies that internally you think you're doing something wrong. No amount of us telling you that you're not doing anything wrong will help -- you have to tell yourself and believe it. Are you doing something different this time than other times? Something that crosses an internal line?"

Examples of how I dealt with my guilt;
    1. The guilt did start to ease up when I put my panties and lingerie in the laundry hamper for the regular wash.
    2. I totally got over my guilt feelings when I started to dress regularly in front of my wife. She can come home from work, and there I am dressed as I desire. I don't sneak around, or hide anything from her anymore.

My wife started off by being accepting with reservations, and it has since moved to total acceptance. This has been a long process with a lot of love and patiences from both sides. Don't mess it up by moving too fast!
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

50+ years of agonizing guilt. Then the epiphany! I know it's cliche, but it's true. We only get one crack at life and as we all know, these feelings NEVER go away. We can manage them, but we can never get rid of them What to do? Accept them and love yourself. Once you do that (not easy, I know, which is why it me took almost 50 years), the guilt goes away and it is replaced by a joy you cannot imagine. Been there, done that!
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Your wife knows you dress, you agree not to do it front of her, you only get limited time, why on Earth should you feel guilty. Just enjoy it!!
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    If you're feeling guilt about dressing, that implies that internally you think you're doing something wrong. No amount of us telling you that you're not doing anything wrong will help.
    Pat How can you make that assumption so emphatically when you don't even know her and her wife personally.
    You are doing that implication thing again without knowing the facts.
    Last edited by Pat; 12-29-2017 at 11:46 PM. Reason: fix quote tag

Not guilty either, never was.
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

For me guilty is a word that I use when in court for a traffic ticket. If you declare yourself innocent have to go to judgment and prove your innocence to the jury.
    That's a waste of time of the public, court system and everybody, so better be guilty.
    Are you in court? No.
    If you're a believer, I am not one even I was a christian pastor, Guilty is a lie from the very beginning that Eve pay attention to the words of the snake. The snake put the desire for the forbidden fruit and then when the trespasses happen she put the feelings of guilty, shame and fear.
    All those are lies.
    Now if you're not a believer, better, guilty for what? Do not analyze, erase from your mind, you are what you are, there's not sin on it.
    Don't worry, be happy (with music sound at the background)
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Do u actually tell your SO that u dressed? Or, that u will? It mite be as simple as that!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 12-29-2017 at 09:23 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    You're probably feeling guilty because you're having too much pleasure and you're not sharing it with her. I do not feel guilty about my cross dressing in relation to my wife because it is her choice to not be involved in this part of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    You feel guilt when you do something you think is wrong. If you're feeling guilt about dressing, that implies that internally you think you're doing something wrong. No amount of us telling you that you're not doing anything wrong will help
    Pat How can you make that assumption so emphatically when you don't even know her and her wife personally.
    Tracii, please feel free to explain my error. Perhaps I misunderstand the origins of guilt.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

I was thinking what Stephanie47 said in #23 ( but in place of "pleasure", I had "true self" ). That would be what I would feel if I were in a relationship where I was . . . not necessarily "waiting" for my SO to leave as such, but taking the opportunity when she had left so that I could become what I know to be my true self.

But the OP and I are probably very different people with different feelings.

@Vanessa: Guilty? . . In court for a traffic offense? . I call that . . "Tuesday!" . Just kidding! . Actually, "Wednesday." <cough!>, <cough!>, <cough!>

- Lydianne.