Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What to do when dressing is not enough

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Jon,

If what you have is Gender Dysphoria and treating it by crossdressing isn't resolving the discomfort/distraction you feel, what else is left? If you read enough posts you find people who try to bury it with exaggerated manly stuff, risky behavior, alcohol, drugs, sex and the like. You also usually discover those things don't work in the long run. Some of us regularly go shopping at thrift stores or spend hours and hours on line here or on various Crossdressing related sites. Something in there may work to feed the needs you feel and if it works, more power to you.

But when none of those things works the suggestion to seek someone to talk with about it is good advice. That can be your spouse, another Transgender person or a professional counselor. There are options and in order to stay healthy and able to remain the same important part of your family, you need to find the ones that work best for you. It's not an admission of failure in self control or acceptance you are going to transition or anything else construed as negative. It's the recognition that you deserve to be happy, healthy and productive and seeking help of any kind is a positive step.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Helen thank you for the fashion advice, its the first I have had so very useful. The two skirts are quite nice but I love the dress and the top, shame I already placed my order otherwise I would have got those too, didnt want sale items to go.

I do already have this skirt which I love so hopefully I will have a top to go with it. I am 30 and based on those picks I think you have great taste.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B06...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sarah,

Thanks for the info, of all the confusion I have I am 99.9% sure I do not have gender dysphoria. I am happy as a man but I like the idea of being able to present myself as a women when I choose to.

Jon,

Just remember it's not a race. It's too easy to buy loads and loads of stuff and then realise there's no way you'll ever get to wear some of it. Keep an eye on the online sales. Vendors such a Very (other online retailers are available) have free returns and I've noticed some buyers order 2 or more sizes of the same thing, returning those that don't fit or suit.

Taking things slowly will help you find "yourself". Dressing for comfort, just spending the day doing what you'd do in drab but enfemme will help you loose that initial intensity, that rush that brings on the sexual aspect of it. If you're dressing 6-8 hours a day starting on a Monday, by Thursday or Friday it's mellowed into being the norm, just you being you.

When I worked from home my office was the spare bedroom. One thing I grew to like was just the simple pleasure of going downstairs to get a drink or make lunch. Just doing the ordinary I found myself learning to move, walk in just that bit more feminine way. Just felt good but in a non sexual way. It was the pleasure of being...
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed