Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: You wear dresses and skirts better than me !

Banned Read only

You wear dresses and skirts better than me !

So this little story came about because I'm thinking more about what to wear for dressing everyday. I don't want to wear trousers but I have to and have been thinking about style , I'm not a jeans person but thought some slim fit fine cords in black could look nice and at the same time practical for walking the dog , gardening and the quick shopping trips and fuel for the car . So this morning I slipped on some black holdups and panties, made sure my tuck was OK , popped some wedges in a bag and made my way to M&Co on my High Street because they have a 50% sale on . I walked in and told the SAs that I would be ditching most of my male clothes in the next few weeks but needed to replace my male trousers with some female ones and had picked out their cords on line . They were soon busy going through the racks but only came up with my size in a dark green , I asked if I could try them because to make sure 12 would fit rather than 14 . They pointed towards the ladies fitting rooms and I slipped on the trousers and popped my heeled wedges on to get a better idea . While I was doing that they were making sure they didn't have the black and brown ones I preferred so I just walked over to the sales desk in the trousers and my wedges to get their opinion on the fit , no problem we all agreed 12 was right . I decided to leave the green ones and order the black and brown ones on line and then collect in store .
    I asked if they minded seeing what I looked like dressed and showed them a selection of pictures, the senior SA looked up and said I'm really sick and peeved off !! You can wear skirts and dresses better than I can , the younger one just stood wide eyed and said Wow a couple of times , she then did look me straight in the eye and asked me if I was going to transition , she did surprise me by asking that .
    I left saying I would be back to collect the orders and they wanted me to promise I would come back at some point dressed . So yet again it proved just be yourself , open and honest with people and you won't have any problems , going full time really is going to be an interesting experience .
    Last edited by Teresa; 12-30-2017 at 03:15 PM.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    We do wear dresses better than some women. And I too think it's wonderful.
    I've found that showing my most girly pictures to ladies to get that OMG moment is rather addictive.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

"So yet again it proved just be yourself , open and honest with people and you won't have any problems"

I really don't know if someone trying to sell me some clothes, especially if they are paid by commission, is proof of anything other than they would want me coming back.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    ...the younger one just stood wide eyed and said Wow a couple of times , she then did look me straight in the eye and asked me if I was going to transition , she did surprise me by asking that .
    And your answer was?!?!
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Teresa,

I think the gauntlet has been thrown down. You have no option but to put on your best dress to blend skirt/top/blouse or dress and pick your trousers up fully enfemme. I would suggest on entering the shop you browse the racks for a moment or two and see if they recognise you. And of course you will have to say, "Well you wanted to see me dressed" as you go to the counter. I would be scrutinising their faces for that OMG moment.

Have fun with it.

Also, knowing us Brits, I'm with you that this was genuine interest. A real honest response.

Can I raise a question seeing that shopping enfemme is shortly to become your norm. Have you approached the bank about altering your bank cards to reflect your femme identity, i.e. to have the displayed name on the cards Teresa xxxxxx.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I have found especially in London they are really interested to see how you turn out dressed.

I have had some enjoyable times in fitting rooms there.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    There are reasons why we can wear the skirts and dresses better than many women. Two reasons come to mind. The first being that we can adjust our cup size to suit the look and make the drape of the clothes look better. My understanding is that the clothes industry makes most women's clothing for a B cup, so bigger or smaller doesn't fit as well. The second is that hip size can also affect the way skirts and dresses can look and flow.
    Women tend to worry too much about how they look, but men say I look good and that adds a confident air to the way they carry themselves!
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Lovely experience- thanks for sharing it with us T.
    I used to have a short attention spa

Banned Read only
    Sara,
    My answer was I couldn't honestly say what the outcome will be , I'm taking one step at a time.

Helen,
    I've made that simple for myself as I'm using the female version of my male name , I can shorten it to Terri if I chose or stick with the same initials . I do realise there is a list of important " To Do's " when I set up my own home. I didn't recall the whole conversation but the senior SA was telling me about a pride week held on Bondi beach when she was in Australia, she couldn't believe how much fun it was . I do believe it was a genuine response they don't meet CDers every day and most are quite intrigued by it I do find the questions interesting but so far no one has given me a difficult time .

Gillian ,
    The point is they don't expect it, OK most do have a MIAD image of a guy trying to squeeze into his wife's clothes and make up looking like a cross between and drag queen and a clown .
    The comment also brings me back the the point of not overdoing padding especially hips and butt, keeping it natural is working out fine for me .

My wife seldom wears dresses or skirts. She is an attractive woman, especially for her age. But she is not into dresses or skirts and I clearly look better wearing them. I own more dresses and skirts than her

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Good for you Teresa, I’m glad your going forward wish you well in the new year my friend
    Rachael

Quote Originally Posted by Gillian Gigs View Post
    There are reasons why we can wear the skirts and dresses better than many women.
    I don't know that I agree that crossdressers wear dresses and skirts "better than many women," but I do think there's a simple reason why they may wear those clothes well -- they like dresses and skirts. They're enthusiastic and their happiness shows. People generally look their best when they're happy.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Banned Read only
    Pat ,
    I feel the sad fact is the SA knew she was out of shape , it is hard to look good in a skirt or a dress when the waist line is none existent , it's possibly why she used those expressions of being sick and peeved off, not so much as how I looked but more as how she thinks she looks. It's one thing to be envious of another woman's figure but for a guy to walk in and show how good even a man could look is possibly rubbing it in . I hadn't thought of this aspect before so perhaps I should think twice about who I show pictures to in the future .

Obviously I will be going back to the shop to collect the items so perhaps I should offer a cautious apology in case I did offend them .

it alwaysmakes me uncomfortable whenever any of these threads lead down the 'looking better than..."road. I've actually heard it before (from a gg) and it is endlessly thrilling and ego boosting to hear, but lets remember, girls, we ( and by this I mean us mtf crossdressers, not those of you who are in transition)) are GUYS and we don't really look better than gg's

Pat,
    You made a very good observation and I agree with you (happily!).
    GeorgeA
    formerly Salerba

"a miad" Man-in-a-Dress

Agreed with Pat and some of the other posters... I think that it's true that many CD's wear dresses, skirts, heels, pantyhose, etc better than the average woman. Simply because we really WANT to. These pieces of clothing are a lot more meaningful to us.

It works in the opposite direction too. There's a sizable crowd of lesbians and early transmen who really like to wear mens suits.. often 3-pieces with a vest. And they look great in them. Contrast their enthusiasm and dedication to the average guy who hates wearing a suit and only trots it out for interviews, funerals, and weddings.. and yeah, you can also say that women can wear a men's suit better than a man.

Banned Read only
    Audrey,
    As you can read from my opening thread , the SA made the comments to me , using pictures isn't an ego trip , I'm at the in between stage of going from a DADT situation to living full time , the pictures are my stepping stone to become accustomed to peoples reaction . OK whether I'm a guy or something in between I will never lose those traits so I've never claimed I look better than GGs but I have had the comment made on numerous occasions that I do look as good as . The kind gender counsellor who gave me some lovely clothes made the comment several times when she saw pictures of me in some of her items , she thought it was really great her clothes were being put to good use .

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    If I were in these sales assistants shoes I would compliment the customer showing me the pictures as well. But please remember, I would tell them they look great regardless of whether or not that is the truth. They could be an overweight hairy monster in a bikini and I would still compliment them face to face. It seems to me that no-one is going to show you photos of themselves all dressed up if they think they look a mess in them. So, assuming that they must like these pictures, it would be very rude and totally unecessary to say anything other than positive things, it's basic human courtesy. Lets not forget these people sell for their living and no-one spends money in a shop where they thought the staff were rude. If some of you girls are looking for honest opinions I suggest there may be better people to ask than those working in retail. However, if you just want a personal ego boost then they may be the best people to show your pictures to. Speaking generally of course, not about the OP who I am sure looked great.

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Obviously I will be going back to the shop to collect the items so perhaps I should offer a cautious apology in case I did offend them .
    Definitely not. It might be better to ask something along the lines of, "Does it bother you if trans or CD'ers use your shop as in some shops on odd occasions I've felt a bit cold shouldered by an assistant?" See what they say.

I don't buy the notion that all SA's will say you look like you're wearing the King's New Clothes. We read the subtle signs, the body language. We know when someone is being genuine or not. Go with your instincts. There's a world of difference between being polite and being truly enthusiastic and interested. And it shows.

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Helen_Highwater View Post
    I don't buy the notion that all SA's will say you look like you're wearing the King's New Clothes. We read the subtle signs, the body language. We know when someone is being genuine or not. Go with your instincts. There's a world of difference between being polite and being truly enthusiastic and interested. And it shows.
    Indeed it does Helen. All I was expressing is that you can not expect anyone to say anything negative in that situation. They will always be polite and may even be enthusiastic but that does not mean they are being honest. I would always say what I thought the customer wanted to hear, what possible good could come out of anything else? If you need to know the sincerity in the comments, body language is probably your only hope (see the words as well as hearing them).
    Last edited by DaisyLawrence; 12-31-2017 at 07:53 AM.

I think it was a honest opinion. It is possible - and probably happens frequently- that one can be a sales person AND be honest. In fact, the best sales people are. I’ve done sales for years, and would be offended if someone thought I was being dishonest over a pair of pants purchase.

Simply amazes me how some can see negativity in everything. If nothing else, just take the compliment at face value and embrace it.

Sounded like a great experience, Teresa!
    You are you. You are beautiful. Labels are worthless.

Banned Read only
    Many thanks for all you comments and replies, I know it affects some more than others but it just might be enough to encourage members on the brink to head out and try it themselves, in that respect the pictures have helped me break the ice , again I repeat it's not an ego trip but trying to build the confidence to meet people head on and not run for cover .

The real truth of the pudding is going out fully dressed what will the response be then, it's only a few weeks before I find out what the man/woman in the street think of me as Teresa. I know I'm going to find a difference between meeting the public in a hotel and going about my everyday life .

Helen,
    I learned a while ago how to deal with the cold shoulder, I went from that situation to the two SAs falling over themselves to help me even to the point of ignoring other customers , yes i admit the pictures were enough to show them I wasn't fooling with my need to buy shapewear and knickers.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Kind of weird when men say they wear womens clothes better than women.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 12-31-2017 at 01:37 PM.

In before "No man in the history of the multiverse has worn a dress better than any woman! They're WOMEN'S clothes! It's right in the name! DUH!"

No, wait, right after.

Quote Originally Posted by Eva Bella View Post
    Agreed with Pat and some of the other posters... I think that it's true that many CD's wear dresses, skirts, heels, pantyhose, etc better than the average woman. Simply because we really WANT to. These pieces of clothing are a lot more meaningful to us.

It works in the opposite direction too. There's a sizable crowd of lesbians and early transmen who really like to wear mens suits.. often 3-pieces with a vest. And they look great in them. Contrast their enthusiasm and dedication to the average guy who hates wearing a suit and only trots it out for interviews, funerals, and weddings.. and yeah, you can also say that women can wear a men's suit better than a man.
    Exactly. As it works for male to female crossdressers, not necessarily lesbians or transmen who haven't realized it yet, either.
    Quote Originally Posted by MissDanielle View Post
    If there's one thing I hate more than anything in the world: it's living a lie. And clowns.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    My ex was a Vegas show girl. She moved out and left some very sexy dresses!

I'm much bigger than she used to be, but not these days!

Anyway, they stretched a lot and I rocked those sexy outfits! I don't post pics of them online. Because if she saw me in them she'd blow a fuse!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!