Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I like real hi heels!

I am totally - totally - totally with you on that. I had tried some 6" pumps before but it was just not me, so I wear 4" around the house and frequently 5" when I am able to get out with the gurls. Love pumps!!

Platinum Member
    For Shure I admit it I am a shoe w*ore...
    It is what it is ...

I hear you Doc as all mine are at least four inches, I even have a set of wedge that are almost four inches. They are comfortable but I still love my four sets of other heels.

4" to 6" for me and I love stiletto's
    ​Jamey

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Sherry,
    I love heels as well and feel like you that I'll suffer in silence. I will admit that the arthritis in my big toes tells me the next day how unhappy they are with me wearing them. Unlike you I feel it's quite sexy to slip them off and rest them in stocking feet , most GGs do it . I also love dangling them of my toes when sitting and chatting .

I also like my heeled wedges for wearing everyday but not so happy in flats .

I agree my size 8 (UK) US 10 4" heels are like wearing 5" in a bigger size. My wife has ditched most of her higher heels but then she's only a UK size 3 so I can never imagine her in 4" heels it would like be mountain climbing !!
    I'm a US women's 10 1/2 Teresa. Which is rare as hen's teeth! So, I usually end up with 11's. I've discovered that dancing all nite in heels that r too loose is way more damaging to my feet than heels that r too tite!

I think we socialize in different circles. I can't remember much casual sitting at any of the T events I attend. Much less that would allow anyone to remove a heel and dangle it without raising a lot of eyebrows!

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    Interesting. I have many ladies shoes from flats to one pair that has a 7 inch heel. But, I seem to end up at 5 inch heels being my perfect heel height. 6 inch heels are too high and too painful to wear all day and I have trouble walking with a heel in the 3-4 inch range as it lengthens the gait of my step. The 5 inch heels seem the best all around.
    5" heels r my favorites, too, Shiny! I have few 5 1/2" heels, too. I don't believe ANY heels without platforms r too high.
    Except sadly, I couldn't bend my toes enuff to get into the 6" heels I ordered------
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I am mostly a casual girl. When I first saw Charles Anders' book "the Lazy Crossdresser", I thought he was talking about me. I tend to dress for comfort, both psychological and physical, so it's mostly flats for me. I do own some heels though.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    2 notes, Pumped:

I have a set of ballet heels. Where my feet point almost straight down! To wear them, I have to do a long stretching routine of both feet. Otherwise, I get cramps! U mite try stretching yours before u put your shoes on, too!

Another is that heel height in shoes is relative! If u wear size 12's and I wear size 10's? Your 5" heels r about the same angle as my 4" heels!
    No matter how much stretching I do my feet do not get close to parallel with my legs. I would have to break something to wear ballet heels.

I also wear a size 10.

Silver Member
    I come from a different era. When I was young and could wear heels they were 2&1/2 to maybe 3 at most. I did good in them. I could dance ballroom dances and be comfortable in them for several hours.

Now at my age I wore boots with a 2&1/2" heel the other day and swore I would never do it again. Feet hurt for 2 days.

For you younger CDs your day will come when lower is better.

Banned Read only
    Sherry,
    Take a peep under the table some time to see how many have slipped their heels off . I was at a fund raising event a while ago ( sadly in drab) and many GGs had kicked off their heels and were dancing in stocking feet . I find the best shoes to dance in are ones with an ankle strap too lose or too tight I can usually dance most of the night in them .

I totally agree to sherry.
    I usually wear from 3&1/2 to 5 inch stiletto heels as they look lovely on my feet and legs.
    I own some platforms and round-toe heels, but they look rather dull and unattractive.
    Of course it's rather painful to wear high-heeled stilettos for a long time, and I wear them usually for a brief walking.
    I love wearing high- and spike-heeled stilettos as they make my legs beautiful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Life in women's dresses, pantyhose, stiletto heels, mini skirts, wigs and gorgeous makeup is so alluring and addictive.
    I wish the day would come when my feminine look is welcomed and I can live as a woman out in public.

I am lucky in that I wear a US 8-1/2 or 9, and I don't like being too tall. That said I can walk all day in 3"s and wear 4" for short events. When in the wild, I wear ballet flats. I have tried taller but one time my toes actually went numb for a day and a half! Thanks for asking, Brenda
    Last edited by BrendaPDX; 01-03-2018 at 08:46 AM. Reason: Spelling

CD Lifer and a Visual Kei Shinya's Avatar
    Well imagine that, me too .

Do prefer the single-sole , 5" to Ballet heel . The favorite here is from 5.5" to 6" .

Also have a couple of platforms 2" to 3" modules with 6" to 10" heels . Don't ware the over 6"ers to often because of door frames . [your tall joke of the day right thar]

Quote Originally Posted by Fiona123 View Post
    I like them too. I hear they are hell to wear, I have never tried though.
    I am 6-4 220 pounds.

The key to 5 or 6 inch heels is that they have a platform. 6 inchers without a platform are absolutely brutal. I think 4.5 is probably just right for non platforms.

It's my favorite item I own, heels, minimum 4" but taller the better. I don't care about pain I just love them to bits

A while back I started with the 3" heels . It took awhile to get use to 4" heels . I don't mind walking in them. Lately Instarted to prefer the 4" more then the 5" . The 5" heels are not comfortable and starts to give me cramps on my calves..

I love my heels also. Most of them are 4" with only a few going any higher (5-6") or a couple going in the 3" direction but nothing lower, nothing with that chunky heel (which I hate also) and occasionally I will will wear flats but not too often. Usually when i do it's around the house so that i don't dirty or run my hosiery. As with any shoe, sizing properly is very important. On the days I do put a lot of mileage on my feet and heels, i am usually good and don't have sore feet afterwards. There are a few pairs that will make them a little sore but those are hardly ever worn and might just need a little stretching out and use. If not I get rid of them.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Sherry,

For me 4" was the tallest I have worn and you have seen me in several pairs and I loved the feel and look. But now I am not allowed to wear any form of heels. I find this puts a big crimp in what I can wear and how I see myself dressed. I am always amazed in what you can wear and walk in. You have set the bar very high for all of us and unatanable for me

Aspiring Member
    Nearly all of my heels at 5". I have 6" platforms and 4" heels too....Also, they are mostly open toe heels. Size 10 for me. I find that I can spend the day walking around in my 5" heels and I love the way my legs look in high heels. First thing I admire on a woman is her choice in heels. We have a young woman in HR who wears platform wedge heels everyday. She is height challenged so I guess this is how she makes up for it. Some of my best heels have been purchased at Charlotte Russe - check out their offerings. Can't pass up a sexy heel just like a sexy LBD.

I've found that heel height alone is not the only characteristic that leads to painful feet. After finding some relatively high pumps that I could wear for longer periods, I started comparing them to some that were the same height but different toe box and width dimensions. I then bought a shoe stretcher made specifically for high heels with small plastic buttons that allow you to expand the shoes in a particular area. It takes a few days of letting them stretch a bit and re-tightening and trying out, but I've found I can modify most heels into wearable shape if they are reasonably close to the right size.

Sherry, for the image you are portraying you need to feel pain and wear those heels.

Yes they look hot and attractive, for me I can look a little less outstanding and wear a two to three inch heel without a platform.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I also love high heels. Most of my shoes I use for my night walks are pumps or sandals and have heels between 3.4 and 3.9 inch. I have a few with 4.5 and 5 inch heels, but I can't really walk in them normally. I only put them on occasionally when I feel the need to wear heels at home and feel extra sexy in them.

Sh-sh-sh-shakin' all over jemima_bates's Avatar
    Like Sherry (and the vast majority on this thread) I'm a high heels girl. It doesn't seem worth it unless I'm tottering around in cute heels.

But this did make me laugh:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    I also love dangling them of my toes when sitting and chatting .
    I also love this - but squeezing them back on when I next need to move then becomes so painful I've had to give it up! Never take 'em off till the end of the night.

Jemima x

Reading all the responses I see many practical approaches to wearing high heels. Each person determining for themselves what height works for them. GG's do it, too.
    I am unable to exercise such practicality, as I am driven to wear the highest heels. Since height isn't negotiable, I must limit standing and walking. "Wearing" high heels becomes "having them on".
    High heels can be shoes for some, but something magical for others.

High Heel boots have always seemed to be a major weakness for me, thats what started this for me, I hadnt bought much at all since I got my car year before last, I still look online sometimes, I found some beautiful red brown Aldo boots with a brushed metal heel on ebay last week and got them at a really good price I thought, made in Italy size 40, knowing they might run a bit small I bid last minute and I won them, Ive worn them some every day since I got them, I wore them almost all day yesterday, 1st time I saw my feet swell, lol, I work on my feet and no my feet didnt hurt today, they are getting more comfortable finally gotta say I love'em, wearing them right now... for some reason I thought they had a 4 1/4 heel but checking they are 4 and a 1/2, I have many with that size heel but they kinda get me after awhile, Ive got a well broken in pair of Aldo knee high in black very similar to these that do have a 4 1/4 heel also in 40, they are very comfortable, Yes I do love heels, I have to many.... I enjoy shopping the net for them also, so I have on Peavey Hose in tan, black A line knee length skirt and a Victoria camp shirt in light grey. I thought to myself just a bit ago how could someone sell these.....
    the ankle boots in the picture are Stuart Weitzman Goliath, they have a 4 1/2 inch heel too
    Mykaa is me! Discovering Peace throughout from the Girl within.
    David Bowie "Don't stay in a sad place Where they don't care how you are..."
    Disturbed The Light "The truth is waiting there for you to find it
    It's not a blight, but a remedy"

Love wearing 4 inch heels, make my legs look great in dresses and skirts. I have been trying to find some cute flats to wear with jeans.