Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Trigger in Adulthood?

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    I wish I could contribute to this thread to support a fellow Connecticut girl's thoughts. The fact is, my desire to dress has never been dormant over more than 60+ years. Life would have been easier if there were some periods if for nothing else but to catch a breath. Some people who know me might say I haven't really started adulthood yet, mentally not physically. So when I reach adulthood I'll keep an eye out for these dormant times.

I dressed occasionally when I was young, into my teens, then got married and forgot about it. Then one Christmas, as a joke my wife gave me a pair of high heels, with a note that said "if you like them so much, you can wear them". I did and it has been crazy ever since! It had been well over thirty years.

It was with me since I was born. Gender fluid and it took me a while to understand it. And I am been feminine most of my life.
    Part Time Girl

I can't point to any particular trigger for my CD'ing. Its always been with me as far as I can remember.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

When I moved out of my dorm and had an apartment with my own bedroom, I bought used clothes from a lady who ran an amateur adult site. I didn’t have a car in college so I had to order and ship it to me. It was awesome being able to come in, lock my bedroom door and put on some lingerie.
    xoxo,

Leah

"Man, I feel like a Woman!"

Ah-May-Lee
    Not exactly a trigger but more of a boost. I was in the early stages of living as a girl when I saw Boy George at a concert when he first came to the US. I was so impressed, here was someone living the life. It gave me inspiration to continue on.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

I don't remember anything that triggered my dressing but I didn't start until my mid 20's after I was married. I'm sure that my desire to dress was in me long before that, I just didn't realize it.

Nothing in adulthood,,,triggered at around 9 or 10,,,mom`s things,heels,OBG,stockings,bras,,,never ever went away after that., only grew stronger and more complete.

Started late-30s as my marriage was breaking up. Waxed and waned late-30s, early-40s, sometimes dressing up all the way with panties, garter belt and stockings/stockings and sussies, bra, slip and skirt. (never wore high heels for some reason). Then my cross dressing was largely quiescent during my second marriage (was just emailing with my second ex today - a bright, complex and interesting woman) but my wife didn't mind me slipping on her panties. Then, back in Canada after a period working in England and N Ireland and it's been up and down, a bit like binge drinking (which I don't do)); urges just well up out of nowhere. I normally wear panties al the time and sometimes wear a second set (camiknickers or grannies under my outerwear) and enjoy wearing a slip or nightie to bed when the weather is clement.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by suit View Post
    blame it on "harp" radio waves ( wonder how many hundreds of thousands in studies the gov paid on that ) radio waves are everywhere but certainly more prevalent now. So whos got data on radio wave wattage /meter vs incident of crossdressing
    Lots of cross dressing in England in the 19th century (the Mollies for example), back when radio spectrum was just a wasted resource

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    Interesting, I started at 12.------I find the Psychology of CD TS very fascinating. I've read the literature and analyzed myself and others for years. I would speculate that the "Adult onset" might be what MY condition "evolved " to.-----A desire to "get away from one's self"---if only for a few hours. Then one can be SOMEONE ELSE, without the responsibilities and emotional baggage of one's normal self. ---Not to mention the "fun" of "Looking Pretty" I find it VERY RELAXING and releasing stress. Of course Many of us consider the Femme self as their "real self" are you sure? you might be being "influenced" by what others keep saying, or simply because "it feels so good" Quite often we have more difficulty understanding our selves than others.----But with CD there is so much to consider, an ego element, a sexual element, a sexuality element , SM, escape, etc.

Started preschool years when a playmate flipped her dress over her head! I thought that was neat and wanted a dress! Did not get a dress! Then in teen years,dressing in mom's clothes and very sexual! Then got married, prior to marriage asked if I could wear women's clothes and she said, "There will be only one woman in this marriage!" We married and I wore panties maybe 3-4 times but purged them immediately! I had no idea what this was all about! My wife of 34+ years passed away! 3 months later I was in K Mart buying panties! I found this site and here I am! Unfortunately, it took the wife's death to trigger it! Or was it little Lana that triggered it with here cute white dress flipped over her head? Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I have Crossdressed as long as I can remember, it’s the same story as most of the girls here. This website really gave me incentive to try to be beautiful like all the girls here. I would have never thought I would ever post pictures of me in a dress and full makeup. I’m having fun.

Very good reads, everyone! I guess seeing how clothes accentuate feminine curves on store mannequins, or perhaps seeing a photo of a model REALLY pulling off a particular contour often sets the ball in motion for me. I love myself, but I also love the rush and freedom of physical transformation. My core is the same, but my appearance is soo different!

I was in what is often regarded as a profession for boring people. In the early 2000s I dressed up as a woman for New Year, just to shake certain people's perceptions, after that I was well and truly hooked although I only get the chance to go out for New Year. Years before, I had occasionally and privately, tried on female clothing, and my wife suggested I try ladies jeans when men's ones didn't suit. So, before "going out", I had been regularly wearing ladies jeans and some underwear. I suppose there was a latent tendency to cross-dressing, but that certainly was the trigger - I wish I'd pulled it 20/30 years earlier.

hello all,
    I think perhaps my trigger in adulthood was adulthood itself!
    luv J

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    My desire has always been there. So for me it wasn't triggers but just the opportunity to try something on.

Since I didn't have a sister or spend time with girl cousins nothing really fit until I was old enough to be home alone with access to my mother's things. After leaving home during college I always had roommates and little privacy, eventually exchanging roommates for a wife. When she went on her own to spend time with family for a week I jumped right in. Eventually kids began to take up free time but when my wife took them to church I had a couple hours every Sunday. Travel for work meant taking a few girl things along. Finally I followed my wife's example where she would vacation on her own and I started taking short trips once or twice a year where I could dress for part of the time. Eventually I came out to her and could dress more frequently and that continues to this day.

So no single trigger, just the combination of time and opportunity.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.