Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cold-weather Crossdressing

In the teens here on LI, brought out the tights that my daughter gave me for
    xmas, what an education I got! they were impossible to get on
    finally gave up, or I was doing something very wrong. I think pantyhose is much easier to put on, I
    believe they look nicer too. be safe. Karrin

I love dressing in the cold weather I like the outfit choices and have the layers on produces a better look for me.

It has been below freezing here in Texas the last few days. That is cold cold for use. Well luck would have it that a pipe to the washing machine in the garage broke and became evident this morning as the temperature started to rise. Not even thinking about about it I raced out side to the water meter to cut off the water and then quickly headed to Home Depot to get something to repair the break. It was only as I started to walk out of the door of Home Depot when the clerk said "Thank you mam, come again" that I realized what I was wearing. 90% Dressed no wig or makeup. Wearing a Gray Sweeter Dress with skinny jeans knee high tan riding boots with a one inch hell, earrings, necklace, and bracelet. After I left I thought what the heck. I guess that truly goes to show we worry more than we need to. Now building on that I hope I can force my self to go out more often as Sarah. The must up until today has been through the drive through to get super.

My husband loves dressing during the winter weather holidays too.... being able to wear hats is a big bonus cuz it really makes his face even without makeup way more feminine (with his wig) .... wish this weather would keep up longer.... then we both dont have to keep out legs shaved and just pull on a pair of thigh high boots Hope everyone here stays nice and warm and pretty

Out for my morning walk yesterday, it had warmed up to 4 degrees! I wore pantyhose and two slips under a calf length wool kilted skirt with heavy wool knee socks. I was never cold, as the skirt traps warm air and my skin has less direct contact with tightly stretched fabric (like one's thighs in a pair of jeans do). I think I can keep warmer and far more comfortable in a long wool skirt than in trousers of any sort. The coldest I've been out in skirted was -9. I wore a fluffy petticoat for extra insulation.

Not much more I can add to this thread. I too love the cold winter months because it gives me so much more freedom to dress in a variety of wonderful clothing. Last year, December was winter-like, but after January we had mostly above normal temps and almost no snow. Many praised the mild winter, but it did take away from my dressing enjoyment. So....bring it old man winter! -Meg

Not so bad here, 40 to 50 and raining. Hip and but padding, midrise boot cut jeans, bra, forms, sweater, running shoes, wig and makeup. Might try a mid to long denim skirt, but I would stand out. Hardly any women wear skirts let alone dresses around here anymore I feel for you all in the clod areas, keep the fires burning, and the water dripping. Stay safe, Brenda

It is cold here in GA. I have been wearing fleece leggings under my male jeans as well as a cami and a ladies tank top under my male long sleeve shirt and my short sleeve shirt and a jacket. I wish I could wear my fem clothes out and about as well. What have you been wearing this winter?

I just had to comment on this.

A group of us were celebrating some birthdays on Friday. The weather was in the teens and wind chill even lower and had some scattered snow on the ground.

I was chatting with a friend and remarked that it was amazing how many of the CDs were still in there short skirts and hose and heels. Even one friend that doesn't even wear hose anymore.
    THAT is dedication to CD whenever possible.

In some respects cold weather dressing is better. for those of us who don't shave our legs, the dressing options are greater in the winter.

I love love love fall winter early spring cross dressing! I get to ski as Danielle! Full padding (big hips!) big forms it’s so exciting no one has ever said a thing. I implore any and everyone to try skiing just because it’s a blast, but not only to ski but the fact that you can dress up and no one even bats an eye.... I’m planning on getting some new/used snow gear want to get a women’s one piece think it would be fun.
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

I can attest to the fact that wearing a skirt, even with tights and tall boots, in sub-zero weather (plus wind) results in very cold knees.

The good thing about the cold weather is wearing pantyhose leggings and women’s long underwear cuddle duds, top and bottoms under my work uniform

It was cold here last week. I was in fleece leggings and a nice sweater.

Even I like summer clothes and sandals very much, I think cold weather is good for crossdressing, especially if you don't have particularly feminine figure. I go out in public during the day much often in colder months than in the summer, because it's easier to blend in when you're wearing more clothes and thicker fabrics.
    Even in the winter, I can still wear skirt and 60 or 80 DEN pantyhose and I'm not freezing because of that. There is not really necessary to wear pants in cold weather.
    Last edited by Karmen; 01-08-2018 at 10:10 AM.

Reality Check
    You won't see a lot of GGs walking around in sub freezing temperatures wearing miniskirts and high heels. Dress like the GGs and you'll be fine. It will get warmer in a couple of months.

Cold weather is better for crossdressers because we can cover more of our bodies with clothing and not look out of place.
    Krisi

I miss my Hawaii uniform of tropical dress or shorts.

Today it's 20 denier time, jeans sweater and long coat.

The beanie is long sided to keep the ears warm and any loose hair from gathering icicles.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I am not out to the public, but love underdressing, so the colder weather is perfect for me as you can get away with wearing so many more lovely feminine things under thicker outer layers.
    I can wear tights/leggings under my jeans every day and a silky cami-vest or racerback tank-top under my top. I was a bit worried that the strap lines of the tops might still show thru, but my wife checked me out to make sure that they were not visible thru the outer layers.

Sadly when the warmer weather returns it will be all-but close-season for under-dressing.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Yeah, the brutally-cold weather the past couple weeks definitely put a crimp in my style, too.

Best I could muster while out & about (in guy-mode), was wearing work-out leggings under my guy-pants.

Also, my (practical, not sexy ) women's snow-boots came in handy a few times so far. I don't own a men's pair, so it was kind of a must.

Pretty much dressing only indoors, for me.

I picked up a nice navy blue P-coat....mm very warm with gray knit leggins and ankle high boots..A satin cami under a turtle neck sweater skirt...cozy

I went out in public for the first time last week, and absolutely forget that I don't have any feminine jackets. Luckily it wasn't raining for once in Seattle that night, but definitely a lesson learned for winter dressing in Seattle. Guess it's time to go shopping for a nice jacket.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    I Finally got a chance today, but the temperature was so cold, I decided to wear my normal guy clothes----It was warm in the house, but not warm enough to be comfortable---So I had to give up. My legs get cold and then start to cramp. Tights do not help. DRAT!

25 degrees this morning black leggings with sweater dress

I work in an open plant. It has been in single digits. All winter I underdress in fleece leggings. My uniform is quite thick so things don't show much, plus I wear winter coat. Icould wear my breast forms and not be noticed. Cold weather is,actually good me.

Banned Read only
    i have to agree with Sherry (#8, above). Although it does not get blistering cold in western Washington it can get chilly in the house. We just crank up the thermostat. I thin one of the reasons the goddesses created sweater dresses is cool or cold weather. I have a nice selection of sweater dresses to keep me warm especially for evening strolls in the fall and winter. With cars that can be started with the press of a button and warmed up I would think evening drives would still be in order as long as the car is in working order and the road conditions are good. In the days of old when women wore dresses/skirts and hosiery/heels to work my wife complained bitterly about the cold while waiting for the elevated train in Queens. That was the dress code for professionals back then.

As a crossdresser that doesn't like pants all that much, I have to say that good fleece or cable knit tights are a must.