In my spare time over the holidays I was playing an online Scrabble app; One kid I was playing, whom I ended up engaging in a seemingly polite conversation with initially, made a comment asking my age and for my picture (Actually he was 30, not that much younger than me at 38, but “kid” seems the only appropriate description after our interaction. Immature to say the least.). I have no problem telling someone I’m 38, and I have an avi pic there, so no need to have another, in my opinion, so I asked him something along the lines of “What does it matter if we’re just playing online Scrabble?”.

Obviously this conversation was getting off track, and he came back with a comment about how he had come across men playing as women and wanted to know for sure he was playing a female. At this point I decided to tell him that although it might end our game, my bf is a crossdresser, I don’t think there is anything wrong with that, and he might very well be playing my bf presenting as a women someday (I knew this was going a direction I wasn’t happy with, so decided to be honest, but gave no specific details.). Well, this morphed quickly into this kid being wildly inappropriate, making disgusting comments to me and sending me horrifying questions about my sexual preferences and bedroom activities with my bf when he’s dresses as a women.

The sad thing was is that he was not unaccepting, but just had a horribly gross misunderstanding of the whole thing. It made me sad that even when people are curious and interested in your lifestyle, they are so illy misinformed and only focus on it being a kink or fetish or deviant behavior that they can’t see beyond that. I ended up quickly blocking this kid and actually uninstalling the app. I probably should have reported him, but I just wanted the whole thing gone off my phone and was feeling horrified about the whole experience. (I did share with my SO, by the way.)

I know I shouldn’t have engaged even as long as I did, but I have had plenty of kind, respectful conversations online with strangers without it going completely off the rails like this, so it kind of shocked me. My point is, I only got a little taste of the type of thing most of you likely have had to deal with at some point, and/or for a very long time, and it just left me feeling so bad for any of you that have.

I am sorry for those of you who have had to deal with this sort of thing, and I hope that someday the world, in general, will be better informed.

Take care,
-g