Thread: Another "first"

Another "first"

Today I was driving through the parking lot of a local library. A man backed out of a parking spot and hit the right front of my car. Of course, the plastic parts all shattered (it was cold out) so a fair amount of damage. This my first time being involved in an accident when presenting as a woman. Fortunately, my male name can also be a woman's name.

I got his insurance information, etc. There was a piece of plastic from the wheel well that sometimes rubbed on the tire. I stopped at a nearby collision repair shop, got an estimate and they removed the piece that was rubbing. Now my male self will have to take the car for repairs and get a rental as my driver's license has my male photo.

A nice way to start the new year!
    Hugs, Carole

Clearly a mixed blessing day. You had no trouble being you but your car now needs TLC. Hope 2018 improves.

Sorry for the car accident! But maybe since it happened when you were presenting as a female, turned a bad thing in a good one somehow?
    I hope so.
    Mafalda
    The best dress in my wardrobe? A happy smile!

Sorry to hear about the accident. That is a big fear for me. I will run get super sometimes dressed and always fear what I would do if I was in an accident. Sounds like you handled it well.

Carhill you handled everything well. Good for you. If something bad happens, remember people don't know you so just act natural, even if they read you who cares.

Your story scares me. Just yesterday we talk with wife on things that could happen when dressed.
    Honestly, I don't know if your story scares me but makes me thing on what I should do in your case and you did great.
    Life has flats and sharps, the musicians say, and that makes the life more taste. for sure after all the bad you will remember a s a good experience for a Lady.
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

So sorry about the accident...had one a month before Christmas, a deer hit my left side with extensive damage.

Had a rental for three weeks.

Hope we have better luck in 2018.
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

Carole, sorry to hear about the accident. Glad you're OK. At least it wasn't too bad, you could still drive it? Yes, it is a little fear I have going out, either an accident, get pulled over en femme. The name on my license bears no similarity to Samantha... I do think about it a little and try to know in advance what I'd do and say. The year should get better from here!!

Take care
    Samantha

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I was in an accident a couple of years ago, too, Carole.
    I was in Vegas on my way to an event when I became the meat in a 3 car sandwich! It's funny how shy I am when out dressed. But, being dressed never entered my mind as talked with the other drivers, checked to see if everyone was ok, and the damage to all our cars.

I don't know if it was because we were in Vegas, but no one batted an eye at my outfit or my non matching ID. It's funny how being dressed becomes unimportant in a real emergency, doesn't it?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

feel for you.
    I crashed my wifes car new years day, dressed in pink top and tights.
    Luckily I just need a new rear light as all the soft plastics returned to their original shape.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachelakld View Post
    feel for you.
    I crashed my wifes car new years day, dressed in pink top and tights.
    Luckily I just need a new rear light as all the soft plastics returned to their original shape.
    Good start to the new year! Wish my soft parts would return to their original shape.

Carole, glad to hear you're okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanessa Grandy View Post
    ....Life has flats and sharps, the musicians say .....
    Another musician thing from a piano teacher friend:

Don't B Flat.
    Don't B Sharp.
    Just B Natural.
    "You are who you are, that's all right with me,
    But I am who I am, that's all I can be."
    -Trace Atkins, "Rough and Ready"
    ===========================================
    Just call me Kaylie

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyLawrence View Post
    Good start to the new year! Wish my soft parts would return to their original shape.
    I had a good laugh, Daisy. I can only say Ditto.

Banned Read only
    Carole,
    Sorry about your little shunt ,will your/his insurance cover it ?

I've had too many recently , I know it's because I have so many things on my mind and car damage can be seen slightly out of perspective , each time it knocks your confidence level.

I know in this case it wasn't your fault, it always amazes me how a piece of usually recycled plastic can cost so much to replace !

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayliedaskope View Post
    -----------------------Another musician thing from a piano teacher friend:

Don't B Flat.
    Don't B Sharp.
    Just B Natural.
    I don't think many trans want to B flat!
    B sharp is actually C! ("See")
    And, few trans B natural. At least when it comes to forms and makeup!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!