Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here today, gone tomorrow.

Here today, gone tomorrow.

I’m hoping I’m not the only one this happens to. You get on here for a while, start replying to posts, sending messages, and then... nothing. You’re gone for weeks. Sometimes months. It’s frustrating. I’m trying to make friends, opening up to people, and then I disappear. I don’t know why I do it, maybe it’s just I don’t feel like being Christy for a while, or she’s not prevalent enough at the moment for me to get online and come on here.

Anyways, I guess I’m trying to say I’m sorry.

Ebb n flow gf everyone goes through it! People get busy life happens.
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

Don't feel sorry. It happens to all of us sooner or later.
    Jon

Just take it easy Christy and let it flow when it feel right, no rush.

Jamie
    At the makeup counter

Happens to some of us Christy.. after almost 5 years of intense Becky time, she left me for 3 years... go figure
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Nothing to worry about Christy things like that happen all the time.

You don't need to apologize. for me this is like a window for Vanessa, without it I would be in jail.
    For long I try in craigslist, I have friends in Kik, Yahoo messenger, I was very promiscuous but there's no place where I can find support, friendship and the freedom I find here.
    If you don't feel the same is Ok.
    May be you haven't find the right friends or they're not what your're looking for.
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I don't think you need to apologise for anything. Even in the relatively short time I have been on this forum I have seen many familiar names appear and disappear. No one has to post if they don't want to.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Banned Read only
    Christy,
    At your age I couldn't have found the time I spend now on the forum .
    Two young kids a new business to establish , extending my home for the larger family , seeing clients , all weekends taken up with photographing weddings that was over thirty years , I guess I've earned some forum time now !

Don't worry about the forum , live your life first , the forum will always be here when you need it .

Don't feel bad Christy we all have to do what we have to do as to amount of time on here. I try to check it daily but have gone two to three weeks before checking. I've been trying to check my messages though and get on as much as I can but sometimes every body just gets busy and life gets in the way.

No need to apologize for this forum being exactly as much of a priority in you life as you want it to be. Cross dressing can still be part of you life without being a huge part...
    I'm content being a once in a while girl.

Nothing to be sorry for. It happens to a lot of us, various reasons or causes.

Hela, look at me, I have disappeared for YEARS, but I always find my way back!
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Christy, I think you're confusing online contacts with reality. Don't worry! Many of my young FB "Friends" do the same! They haven't worked out the difference yet! If I don't hear from them for a week, month, or year, I'm not concerned. They ask if I missed them? I always say, "No". Then, they ask why not?

I explain, because they aren't real to me! Everything I see or read online from them could be real but probably isn't. I don't really care which it is. But, they say we r "Friends". And, I tell them we r not real friends, just online friends. Real friends r people I've met. Only then do they become real! And, I think of them completely different from my online friends forever more.

As a note, I have met over 50 cd.comers in person. "Girls" who I originally chatted with online here!

So, like others have said, Christy, welcome back! But, we probably haven't missed u nearly as much as you've missed us!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I do it too. Sometimes I get bored with the same old posts, and get busy with other things. Then a few months go by and I check back in here just to see if anything is new. If you are new to crossdressing, you can learn some things here. After crossdressing all my adult life, there isn't much I don't already know about it.

Christy "Blue" you are not alone. Right now I also am in a depression that started in mid November. I haven't gotten into Leslie Mary mode all the while. I have stayed in Drab 24/7 and normally in my little room (9' x 10',) all alone. The Christmas holidays are the hardest for bout of me ever since the passing of my Wife (2000), mother (2001), and a few other friends.
    It is something that happens all the time around us older people. My wife was the 'heart of the families Christmas Spirit.
    So don't worry about the Ebb and Tide, we all go through it.
    I think I am about to creep out of my closet again soon.
    Just remember this, I might not post but I do read.
    Leslie Mary Shy in Red tide' colors.

No worries, Christy! Like others, I've been on/off too. Life happens, or I decide to focus on my hobbies.

Christy, I have been here for 5-6 years, sometimes I'm more active than others. I love coming here everyday, it is affirming, That being said I have another life and love and it and her sometimes take priority.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Platinum Member
    Certainly can relate. But as she’s been said, this is at best a proxy for real life social interaction. Those in real life must have priority.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Hey, today is my first time here on this forum since March, 2016. I've still been dressing as often as possible but just not participating online.

No specific reason for my absence...all of the online forums I belong to alternate between hot and cold as far as participating. Whether it's a forum about golf, astronomy, guitar/bass playing, hockey, crossdressing, etc, my participation in each of those seem to ebb and flow as to my level of interest. At times I'm on some of those forums every single day for months and even years on end, but other times I'll be gone for months/years for no reason other than I'm leaning toward other stuff. for a while. Then I'm back for a while.

Don't sweat it. It's called 'Life'.
    "Masquerading as a man with a reason, my charade is the event of the season" ('Carry On Wayward Son' by Kansas)

Christy,

Welcome back, sister.
    Hey.... I've read tales of poor men who have packed away their entire femme identity for years [only to have it come roaring back, of course].

From your avatar, you are beautiful; not that it matters. Everyone is beautiful here.
    Be you. It's who you are. Christy may take a break or go on vacation but you know she never goes away.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Silver Member
    Hey Christy,

Go at your own pace. There is lots of support out there. Locally, you know how to find us. You may want to relook at crossport. It is getting a lot more active and diverse.

Many of us take a break from things. Time, prior commitments, alternate hobbies, wives and S.O.'s, work, stuff happens. Our alternate selves get shelved for a time. Marla will get park this summer in favor of nice riding weather. This year especially, because it's my golden anniversary of climbing aboard the other love of my life, two motorized wheels. But not totally, because one of my destinations happens to be Janet's Closet, a nice day ride. I think we all understand our moods.
    I don't dress up because I want to be a woman, I dress up to make me happy.

I do this with many things, some of it is a comfort factor I think, trust etc. Some things with certain people I can be very open about, Here is a safe place for many, talk about your feelings whether simple or complex, Ive made a few friends here met a couple and seen different types of lives, I have a personal friend Ive known for years I discovered we had some very similar traits, lol why Im here, he is not I dont think. My ex hurt me deeply & used this against me in court twice, Trust with a woman may be very difficult for me in even trying a relation again, I do know talking for me helps a lot and this forum is very helpful in that, Christy no need to be sorry or feel that way as I made a similar post this week, why I felt this way was because of the friends I did make here & honestly my feelings got hurt a bit when plans were made & I was like the last kid in PE getting chosen, lol. Whether or not its right sometimes I just shut off, literally. I suppose its a defense mechanism...
    Heres the thing tho, a real friend will come & go in life but will be there for you if needed.
    Mykaa is me! Discovering Peace throughout from the Girl within.
    David Bowie "Don't stay in a sad place Where they don't care how you are..."
    Disturbed The Light "The truth is waiting there for you to find it
    It's not a blight, but a remedy"

Christy, no need to apologize. Many seem to go away and come back.
    Part Time Girl

I sometimes feel the same. I get quite busy at times, am not on as much as I would like then try to make up for it when I do get time. I don't know that I never feel like dressing, but with my busy times, I could get in a little dressing time for an hr or so here and there but I usually just don't bother. I'd rather just take the time and totally veg for that hour or so.