Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: One thing I don't like about crossdressing.

One thing I don't like about crossdressing.

One thing that annoys me about crossdressing is being called girl. That is crossdressers being called girls. I may be wearing a dress and heels and have altered my face to look more like a woman's but I am a man and a man can look like I do. Until men have equality I still consider a woman in trousers a crossdresser. Oh you might say but they are not men's trousers they are tailored for a woman's body. Well then why is a dress tailored to fit a man's body not men's clothing? I love wearing a girdle and todays girdles fit me better than those of the fifties. That is because todays female body seems to have less hip spring than back then. Thus girdles are made with less hip spring. Should this not be a man's garment then? I rarely comment on others photos because what I really want to say is well done mate,you look really beautiful. Commenting on the presentation rather than any attraction to the person. What I would like is to wear clothing that is appropriate to what I am doing. Trousers and protective clothing and dresses or skirts in my leisure time. I would like to get the same praise for doing this as women get.

Banned Read only
    Georgina,
    I understand your thoughts , but obviously it's different for Cders with GD they want and need the female labels .

I see the clothes we all wear as a window on how we feel inside, if you're a happy guy then the male clothes tell it all, if you're TG then the female clothes tell the story , I don't worry too much about what undergarments I wear , no one sees them as long as they do the job they are intended for and give you the right shape and appearance for your outerwear .

I intend to go full time and that is proving harder than I thought, I will be walking my dog and doing my housework , tending the garden and doing the everyday shopping , dressing down is harder than dressing up, having to learn how little makeup to wear . As for the girl label well I'm sure I will get all sorts but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it . People are bound to slip up it won't always be deliberate .

I get annoyed by being called “girls” because it’s demeaning to a grown person to address them like a child. I know guys that will throw hands in an instant if you called them “boy”. I am not upset being misgendered as the gender I’m presenting as. If I’m going to dress up as a woman, and to my best to like like such, it would be pretty rediculous to expect people to know tha I want to be gendered the opposite of how I’m presenting.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I agree with Teresa here it’s hard to dress down and like her I’m going fulltime too.
    Your right in one respect true CDs are emulating women and are men. Me I’m a trans women who is going to live as a women would from head to toe and it helps me when I’m called a girl or women. Am I fully one no I accept that but I want
    to live as one.
    So I can see the difference
    Rachael

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    I for one don't have a problem. A group of women are often reffered to as girls as in "Have a good night girls". A woman's breasts have be now as "The girls"

Encouraging a woman of any age, the term "You go girl !" is used. I think it depends on the circumstance and situation.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

We will have to agree to disagree, Georgina, at least in part. While agree that we should be free to dress ourselves and denote our gender however we see fit, the fact of the matter is that certain types of clothing are universally categorized as female. I absolutely do not get the whole "man in a dress" fascination. I confess that I also resent the in-your-face attitude of some MIAD's and the ill will it draws to the TG community in general. Yes, it does. As wrong as it may be, to lump us altogether, it is a common response as most of us suffer for the confusion the MIAD's introduce.

When I dress, I want to be referred to as she, her, or ma'am. "How may I help you, ladies?" is one of my favorite things to hear. Yes, that's just my preference, so we're going to have to figure out a way that "the normals" can know how we prefer to be addressed.

Silver Member
    The key is whether it is a term of endearment or derogatory. My wife used the term 30/40 years ago. The girls are going shopping today. The girls are getting together this afternoon. Our daughters use it to describe their friends. The south side girls. It was the same back in the 50s and 60s. My sisters would ask if I wanted to be one of the girls. I always said yes.

The same with boy. Older guys often call younger guys, boy. Hey boy you better catch that calf ...

I'm not a fan of gurl or some of the other terms used to refer to CDs or TGs, but that is just my preference. I see women using girl on tv shows. Especially some of the housewive shows.

"If it walks like a duck....."

If you are presenting as one gender, why get upset if people refer to you by that genders terms (girl, lady, Ma'am, etc)? In today's hyper-PC atmosphere, we have individuals ready to sue if they are 'mis-gendered', can you blame people for erring on the side of caution? Not trying to be confrontational, but this sounds like another example of "I'm offended and I'm looking for a reason!".
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

I too am in the disagreement camp Georgina, I want to be called a girl or a woman when I take the time and effort to dress and present as one. I would be insulted if people called me a man even if they knew that genetically I am one.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Exclamation I believe the "Girl" objects too much!

I think you're completely off base, Georgina! Whether it's CD's or GG's; if your calling folks "girls" when they're in their 20's, that could be demeaning. But, nearly all the dressers I know r far past their 20's! So, calling them girls is actually meant to be endearing. And, most take it that way!
    If being referred to in a female context is so offensive and being a male is so important to u, why don't u call yourself George?

Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Kelly View Post
    We will have to agree to disagree, Georgina, at least in part. While agree that we should be free to dress ourselves and denote our gender however we see fit, the fact of the matter is that certain types of clothing are universally categorized as female. I absolutely do not get the whole "man in a dress" fascination. I confess that I also resent the in-your-face attitude of some MIAD's and the ill will it draws to the TG community in general. Yes, it does. As wrong as it may be, to lump us altogether, it is a common response as most of us suffer for the confusion the MIAD's introduce.-------------------------
    Let the education lessons start here! Aunt Kelly, I have met 100's of dressers of all ilks of those, I can count on the fingers of one hand those that can pass nearly all the time. So, you're saying that all those other wonderful, extraordinary, friendly, and self confident trans give all trans a bad name because they don't pass?

Please tell me how many dressers you've actually met? Of those how many could consistently pass? Pics don't count. Almost anyone can can come up with one pic that makes therm look fem.

Apparently not u, tho?
    And, here u r throwing stones at MIAD's and u don't even post a an avatar pic? Please don't misunderstand, u r entitled to your opinion about MAID's. But, when u claim to speak for the Trans community? That kind of ticks me off!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 01-04-2018 at 02:32 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Not buying into the whole MIAD argument Doc, but there is a huge difference between a MIAD and a person who dresses at their best but doesn't pass. Its about intent...
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

I respect Georgina's opinion, but I disagree. I would be honored to be called girl, lady, etc. That is what I am trying to emulate when I dress.

Having said that, the ideal world would not care whether a man wore a dress. If I could, I would. But the world equates feminine fashion with females, so that is the world I live within. Given those parameters, when I dress en femme, that is how I want to be addressed.

Society is just starting to get used to the concept of transgender. Let's work through that as a society, then focus more upon our preferred forms of dress being okay regardless of our biological sex.
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

Each to their own. I don't mind being called a girl since I am presenting and trying to act and be one. However, I do not like to be called Sweetie, Honey or Dearie by sales clerks and the like. Just personal taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Georgina View Post
    One thing that annoys me about crossdressing is being called girl.
    OK. If someone calls you a girl correct them and that's that.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Becky Blue View Post
    Not buying into the whole MIAD argument Doc, but there is a huge difference between a MIAD and a person who dresses at their best but doesn't pass. Its about intent...
    Becky, u r a dresser. As such u r more likely to judge the differences in trans that try hard to look fem, those that do the best they can, and those that don't care.
    However, to the vanilla public not familiar with trans, they r likely to see us all as men in dresses. Because at the end of the day, that's what many of us r!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

If you're going to be a crossdresser, you need to develop a thick skin.

Thick, but soft and smooth.....
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

I can not remember ever being called 'girl' except at a few CD meetings or at the local 'Drag Queen' bar were I take photos of the DQs.
    What with my age when I am out dressed, I am afforded the title as ma'am, or lady.
    The title normally used with SR women in polite company.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Micki_Finn View Post
    I get annoyed by being called “girls” because it’s demeaning to a grown person to address them like a child. I know guys that will throw hands in an instant if you called them “boy”.
    And yet, 80 year old men and women will often refer to each other as 'the girls', or 'the boys'.
    Way too many people these days just need to find ways to feel offended by something; if there's nothing, they will search until they find something they can complain about.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgina View Post
    One thing that annoys me about crossdressing is being called girl.
    Really? A bloke chucks on a dress and then gets offended because a stranger uses a female pronoun? Seriously?

Put yourself in the other persons position. They see someone dressed as a woman. There are two possibilities, either they think your are female or they think you are a bloke rather badly trying to look like a female. In both cases, and without any further information available to them, the ONLY option available is to use a female term as it is least likely to offend. So now you have a go at them for trying to be polite in, what is for them, a confusing situation. Pretty sure a polite person is not thinking you want them to refer to you as "Oi you, bloke in a dress".

I find it interesting in some Space type shows/future time, they have dropped of the Ma'am all together and use 'SIR' for all officers regardless of gender.
    Just like now we just have actors, not actors and actresses.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    G'day mate and well done.
    Cheerio

I'm not going to argue too much.. everyone is entitled to their opinion, and chat forums are the place to express them.

I think that you'd be hard-pressed to find someone in our scene who doesn't like to be called "girl" by their friends.

Saying that women in trousers are "crossdressing" is always pretty ridiculous. That's clearly not the case. Womens clothing vastly comprises the amount of clothing made on Earth, so I'd bet my last dollar that more trousers are made for women than are made for men.

But all means, if it upsets you, go ahead and be as male as you want, insist that everyone call you "bro" and wear those dresses and girdles. Can't guarantee that you're going to get a bunch of praise for it, but who cares? You do you, dude. The wonderful thing is that nearly all clothing is legal provided your private parts aren't showing. So you're free to do as you please.

I see no problem of being called girl or mam or suchlike, in England in some places you can be called dearie or ducks or some such like they are figures of speech and accepted as such on the other hand don't we at times refer to our sons and daughters as children even when they have grown up at times calling them my kids or " where have the brats gone irrespective that they are not inf act brats at all but good children.
    So when it comes to being called girl does it really matter and are we being a bit insensitive to some of these terms most of the time meant innocently without and intended disrespect.
    I would love to be called girl one day, however I wait in hope for that day.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

I wrote that I was annoyed at being referred to as girl, but I am not offended, there is a difference. In N.I. women call me dear and love etc. in male mode, and I am not offended in any way. Is one of the reasons that male crossdressing is not fully accepted, trying to look like a woman. A woman in trousers is still a woman. I am not confrontational, and I do believe in freedom of speech, but I think some of the justifications people come up with for looking like a girl/woman, are just as silly as others think mine are for not.