Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: One thing I don't like about crossdressing.

Silver Member
    Interesting POVs. I frequently use 'girls or ladies' when posting as it seems the natural thing to say to my 'Sisters' (who wants to chew on this one?). Females will say to other females,"OK, guys ..." I truly dislike the word 'gurl', and wish it was banned from our vocabulary.

I don't like being called "girl" either. I am a man in female clothes, impersonating a lady, but I put up with whatever i am called. In 8th grade, i called another boy a "girl". He physically reacted. I never called him a girl again.

So then Alice, when presenting as a female, what DO you prefer to be called?
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

If you really want to be confused try moving to Australia.
    I'm still getting used to older female sales clerks calling me "doll". And that's when I am in male mode, Danielle has never been out in public.

If I present as a girl, I wouldn't mind being addressed as such. I think it shows respect in some ways recognising who you are at that time.

DanielleDubois, I don't understand Australian slang, so I'd know what they want to tell a man if they call him "doll", but you look astonishing on your profile picture, so you should definitely go out in public as a Danielle sometimes and enjoy life. I'm sure you would blend in without any problems, if you live in a city, not some small village where every stranger stands out as a sore thumb.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    If I present as a female then I expect to be referred to with feminine pronouns.

Reality Check
    I don't know who it is that's calling you a "girl" or if by "girl" you mean a woman or a female. But, if you dress as a female, you should expect to be seen as a female. That's the goal isn't it?

If this is a problem for you it's something that you'll have to learn to deal with. Or, don't dress as a female.

If I go out as a female, my hope is that others will see me as a female and address me as a female. Call me "sir" and I'll probably get in the car and drive back home depressed.
    Krisi

Whenever I'm out (always in guy mode) shopping for women's clothes with my ex, she will often say things like "Do you think she would like this?" or "This would look nice on her".
    She does this in order to find out if I like the item, without outing me to other nearby shoppers.
    I really enjoy it when she uses these female pronouns out in public while secretly referring to me. It's all in fun & just adds to the excitement.

When out shopping with a GG friend we also talk about my twin sisters likes and dislikes. On occasion the SA asks if we have a photo of her so she can better help us. We say we do. Out comes a photo with both her and I in the same photo. Isn't Photo editing nice? (Corel Paint Shop Pro).
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

I agree, I've never been a big fan of using girls names either. I understand about security concerns and in fact that's the only reason I use one. But I don't really think it's helpful especially for those, like me, who are working towards making our partners feel comfortable with this aspect of their our personalities.

Cross dressing is genetic and it's part of me it's not someone else and it's not something I want to compartmentalise as a separate part of me
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMvcAKrZxIBZMNn-9jilAIA

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    I agree totally with Samantha in the previous post. The trouble is that if your actual name is gender specific then it automatically compartmentalises you into what you are not. I gave my son a gender neutral name for this reason (although to date this seems it may not have been neccessary).