Thread: Change of attitude

Aspiring Member sarah_hillcrest's Avatar

Change of attitude

As I've grown older and wiser I've examined some of my long held beliefs. I had strong inclinations to dress in private when I was younger but didn't for a variety of reasons. I was never a chauvinist but I did have some opinions that were perhaps formed in my repression of femininity.

1. I thought makeup was stupid. I was one of those who went on about women who wore too much makeup, and actually would say on a regular basis that women shouldn't wear makeup because they were conforming and whatnot.

2. I made fun of how long it took women to get ready. Now I realize how much fun it is to get ready, probably more fun that when you're getting ready for.

3. I made fun of how women were so obsessed with clothing and style, and how they were only really dressing up for each other.

4. I made fun of purses, and especially all the crap in them. I've realized that women's clothes don't have pockets for a reason, and women need to carry more stuff. I also realized that the purse is part of your outfit, and I love the way it feels to have a purse slung over my shoulder.

These are just the things dealing with appearance. I also always made fun of how emotion women were, and illogical all the while repressing my own emotions.

Did you ever find that expressing your femininity changed your outlook on things?

Silver Member
    I grew up in the fem world. My sisters took me out as a girl. When is was in my late teens, I went out as a girl. So, I enjoyed womanhood from both sides of the spectrum.

Quote Originally Posted by lingerieLiz View Post
    I grew up in the fem world. My sisters took me out as a girl. When is was in my late teens, I went out as a girl. So, I enjoyed womanhood from both sides of the spectrum.
    It's a cliche story, but yes. I did certainly come to appreciate how "easy" it is for males to groom and dress, when I started grooming and dressing as a female more often. Still, I enjoy the freedom to change my look to suit my mood, or the occasion. Well, at least as far as my skills allow.
    I'm still not much of fashionista at all. Comfortable and functional is usually the order of the day.

I never made fun of woman Sarah, but I certainly learned to appreciate just how long it takes women to get ready and also to understand how much more complex woman's clothes are than mens.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Quote Originally Posted by sarah_hillcrest View Post
    1. I thought makeup was stupid. I was one of those who went on about women who wore too much makeup, and actually would say on a regular basis that women shouldn't wear makeup because they were conforming and whatnot.

2. I made fun of how long it took women to get ready. Now I realize how much fun it is to get ready, probably more fun that when you're getting ready for.
    It's only fun when you don't feel like you have to do it. Watch the online videos where females complain about what they hate about being female. All the time they have to spend on their appearance is usually on top of the list (after the unmentionable thing, of course).

3. I made fun of how women were so obsessed with clothing and style, and how they were only really dressing up for each other.
    That's a myth. Women say that they dress up for themselves, or for other women, because they either want to feel good about themselves, or want to look better than the other women. What they leave out, is that the way they dress to feel that way, is defined as what's attractive to men. Nearly all women's fashions are designed to pique male sexual interest; snug fitting clothes, revealing clothes, shoes that alter their leg/butt shape, hair styles that they believe will be interesting to men, etc.. Even all the bizarre piercings are all an effort to draw attention to themselves, which in most cases are an effort to attract a sexual mate (whether male OR female). They feel best when they're feeling sexually attractive. They might deny this, but then ask if feeling sexually attractive feels good; that throws a wrench in their argument, because the answer is virtually always, a firm yes.

4. I made fun of purses, and especially all the crap in them. I've realized that women's clothes don't have pockets for a reason, and women need to carry more stuff. I also realized that the purse is part of your outfit, and I love the way it feels to have a purse slung over my shoulder.
    Most women hate the fact that they have to carry around a bag with them. At least, every woman I've ever dated complained that they'd be much happier if they could carry everything they needed in their pants pockets.
    I also always made fun of how emotion women were, and illogical all the while repressing my own emotions.
    Often they don't have a choice; mood swings can be part of their hormonal cycle, and it's different for each woman, and they can't do much about it other than know it happens and deal with it. Even they don't like feeling like that. The worst part is, recognizing what's happening and not being able to do anything about it. More than one woman has complained about feeling like breaking out in tears, and not knowing why. Sometimes they have to search for the reason why they feel so depressed, because they wind up crying and can't figure out why, as nothing in their life is so terrible that they should wind up in tears. As much as I would have liked to have been female in order to alleviate the dysphoria I feel, I certainly don't envy the mood swings and alternating desire for alpha males, and then those men who would make better caregiver fathers, that so many women go through. I mean, this week you're attracted to one type of man, in two weeks you want another type entirely? That would surely drive me crazy.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 01-04-2018 at 01:21 AM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Gold Member
    I have grown older but not wiser. But yeah when you get even a small taste of what it is like to be a woman you do gain some understanding.

Well like how they are often worried about guys flirting. The image is always some decent looking guy but NOOOO, in reality it is some disgusting creep that smells like a laundry basket full of jock straps. Someone not classy enough to shop at Walmart.

If you live this full time, you start to understand it is a lot of trouble to look good. Neither us nor GG's wake up in the morning looking beautiful. Well except for me.

Oh and get this - until about the age of 15, I was convinced that females did not fart. My dad did all the time and thought it was a big joke but my mom - never. My little sister did a lot but i figured as they aged, it was a bodily function that just quit happening. Kind of like all the other changes our bodies go through pretty much our entire lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Kelly View Post
    It's a cliche story, but yes.
    Nothing cliche about going out with sisters. Right... Cliche would be begging for one's "ahntie" (not aunt, not ahnt, but ahntie, spoken like she is the queen of England) "Oh please Ahntie, don't make me wear those frilly dresses to the mall where my peers will see me!"

Side note - what is up with some people calling their mom's sister their "ahntie" anyways? What if said "ahntie" was not some rich prim and proper lady but some overweight disgusting drunken slob instead?
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

My wife knows vaguely that I am a crossdresser. She is not particularly happy about it so I haven't share a lot of details. For instance that I have been out and about in a number of cities. I never understood why she was so careful getting on and off escalators until I did the same in 3in heels. I am much more understanding these days when we are at the malls.

I must say that my outlook is pretty much the same Sarah. I've always expressed my in the same/similar way!

Stacy C. and Stacy D. both take forever to dress, prefer minimal makeup and have always carried bags full of required items!

I guess that we are pretty much the same and are ageing together!

Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Quote Originally Posted by sarah_hillcrest View Post
    Just remember that when a woman says "I'll be ready in five minutes" and a man says "I'll be home in five minutes," that's the exact same amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Erin View Post
    Side note - what is up with some people calling their mom's sister their "ahntie" anyways? What if said "ahntie" was not some rich prim and proper lady but some overweight disgusting drunken slob instead?
    She wasn't overweight and she wasn't drunk, but my mother's sister (I can't even bear to refer to her as "ahntie") was definitely a disgusting slob. She was queen of the hoarders ... you can imagine the rest.
    "You are who you are, that's all right with me,
    But I am who I am, that's all I can be."
    -Trace Atkins, "Rough and Ready"
    ===========================================
    Just call me Kaylie

Banned Read only
    Sarah,
    The most enjoyable thing now is living that for real , men just don't understand do they ?? Isn't it great finding it out for real !!