Thread: Excited and peaceful

Excited and peaceful

I made the plunge and started coming out at work today. It was sort of spur of the moment. Yesterday morning as I was getting ready for work wearing jeggings and a baby blue sweater while putting on my foundation I realized I am not hiding from anyone anymore. I can't be more obvious than I am so It is time I start telling people I work with. I am the lone employee working for a non profit but I work in an office with other people. I told the chairman of my board of directors today and plan to tell the office manager where I work tomorrow. I will tell the whole board Monday. I am fortunate in my situation, no HR to deal with and no real boss over me.

I feel both excitement and at peace with myself. I am finally merging my two lives into to one and I feel great! I keep telling myself there is a lot of work and hard times to come but right now I feel complete and for the first time, I love myself 💖

Danielle
    I'M FREE, I'M FREE! I GET TO BE ME!

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Good for you Danielle, I know right where you are as I was a few months ago. It’s like a huge weight is
    off your shoulders. It’s a long road but it will be worth it, if this is really what you want.
    Wish you blessings
    Rachael

I've been coming out to selected people and, while initially nervous, have found that same peace.

Banned Read only
    Danielle,
    I'm sure you've found the more you tell people the easier it gets , I know we go through the stage of believing it ourselves , we do have to believe it to move on . I feel you are moving on well, why look for obstacles, you now feel great about it all coming together . I have been surprised how supportive people can be especially from some I didn't expect it. OK not all have seen the reality of Teresa yet and that is the make or break moment . That's when people question their own motives and feelings , I know at that point some are gong to turn away but it's as much their problem as yours and there's not a lot you can do to change that .

You have taken a big step, I hope that the future holds all that you hope for.

Hugs, Bria