Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not as far as many of you, but something to me

Not as far as many of you, but something to me

Ladies, I have dressed all my life in secret. I have underdressed constantly for the last 4 years. But, until last weekend had never gone out outwardly dressed. This past weekend, I went shopping dressed in women's khakis, top, bra, camisole and panties (as usual). I was wearing a coat. No one at all noticed that I was wearing women's pants. Now, I know that this is no big deal to most, but it was to me. I am incredibly shy and to go out was a big step. I'm glad that for a brief period I was out of the house and, what I consider, myself. I admire all of you who are able to completely be yourself outside of your homes. I'm not there yet, but I hope to be someday.

Very nice Brookes. a nice start and it will be easier for you.
    Part Time Girl

Well done Brokes. Nobody can pretend be the other. We all are different. Some more brave than others but it doesn't mean that the less braves are cowards. Cowards are the one that never are they and live life of others.
    Just keep being you, in secret, a little bit out, it's ok. Baby steps they say but you did yours first...\
    keep us posted, please...
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Congratulations!

To paraphrase Neil Armstrong:
    "That's one small step for CD/TG's, one GIANT step for Brookes4242!"
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Congrats the next time will be easier.
    At least you now know you can do it.

That's awesome Brookes. Just stay with your pace and have fun.

Congrads Brookes, take your time. Self confidence will come.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Brookes, going out dressed isn't for all T's. I've been out countless times over the past 8 years. But, I'm only comfortable when I'm at trans friendly venues with other trans.
    Im dislike being out at vanilla venues. And, I would never consider doing what u just did! Go out shopping alone dressed!

Every dresser should try going out dressed. Some will come to enjoy the experience. But, others like me never will!
    And, that's the joy of living in a free country. No one can make u go out dressed if u don't wish to. And, you're not breaking any laws if u dress however u like in private or decently in public!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I one tried shopping alone in a Walmart. Then another time in a Staples know the DRAB me.
    At the time of the first going shopping dressed and alone, I didn't know how much of a dangerous thing it was to do that in KKK rich community I WAS living in.

I don't live there anymore.
    All you big city CDers are lucky to not live in a small community in the south.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Well done Brookes!
    Don't be so modest about what you achieved. Everyone who goes out must have had a first time.

Well done, I think many of us will remember the interpretation we felt, the butterfly stomach of our early outings.

It does get easier, the enjoyment level grows. Just take it in small steps and keep us posted.

Brooke,
    I admire your courage. Also glad things went well for you. I am still behind you in that kind of adventure. The most I have ever done is to go out underdressed in lingerie. And I have only worn a bra in cold weather when I can wear a coat.

Happy for you Brookes, glad you had a wonderful experience, not all of us are there yet !!!
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

You're miles ahead of me! Just the other day I was looking at makeup in Target and I felt like the entire world was right behind me and staring wondering, what the heck is that guy doing in the makeup department? I lost my nerve and kept going. Good for you for reaching that level!

Everyone here, no matter who they are, where they fit in the spectrum, started some where. While it might not be a "big deal" to them now, it was at some point. I am glad you got to have the experience, now it will become a bit easier, pushing it a bit more, then you will be where they are now. Nothing wrong with that
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Well done Brooke. I had my first time out in 2017. Its frightening and thrilling at the same time. I hope your brave effort leads to more happy advenures.

Brooke,
    You have made a good start, now advance to makeup and a wig.

Then you know you have arrived.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

That is a wonderful first step. Do what is comfortable for you, but press the envelope. You will progress and I hope you have fun with it!!!
    Please call me Lisa!

Platinum Member
    I’m glad you enjoyed your experiences thus far. Remember, this isn’t a competition and you set
    your own course and pace.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    As others have said, you've taken the first step. You'll know when it is the right time for the next one.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Congratulations to you, because it sounds like this was something you have been wanting to do and it came off splendidly!

I can't count the times I stalled with my hand on the doorknob, only to turn around and stay inside. My first steps were in the middle of the night over 20 years ago and full of fear and anxiety. I still balk from time to time, but those first experiences were critical to my understanding of how committed I was to finding out who I really am.

Set your own comfort levels because, I can say with confidence that we all move at our own best pace.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Congrats on your first outing. Take easy steps. All of our situations are different. Confidence comes with time. And nowadays-folks are so engrossed in their phones that they pay no attn. anyway. Toni G..

Hi Brookes,

You have taken a very important step in going out in public wearing feminine clothing. I have taken a few shopping trips in feminine pants, and shoes, and I was not really noticed by many. The women in the stores were somewhat understanding to my clothing choices, and were very polite. We all have our comfort levels with our personal safety always on the alert to the non accepting people. I wish you all the best in your ability to go out dressed more often as a woman.

Rebecca

People will start noticing more when you start wearing and filling a bra.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:

Banned Read only
    Brookes ,
    I agree with Jodie , the small steps eventually join up and you find you are comfortably out the door . I agree it's not for some but most of us have that need to be seen out a s a woman , it is very scary at first , I started with taking drives at night and walking the dog in skirts and tops , it does become easier as long as you are sensible and wear appropriate clothes the important point is doing it with confidence . So keep taking these small steps , each one is important most of us did it this way .