Thread: How has your presentation changed

How has your presentation changed

There are a few that are starting or looking to go full time.

My question is for those that are or nearly full time.

How has your presentation change and how long have you been doing it.

I’ll start.
    I have been out for a little more than three years and have been pretty much full time for just over two years. At work I present as male, but they all know how I am. For the first year when I got home I would change, complete with make-up, it was a pact I made with myself. I still shed my work clothes but usually only put on make-up if I’m going out. I live in a roommate situation, so I’m really never completely alone.

I no longer wear wigs. I have long hair now and it’s dyed.

I wear less make-up. Still I wear color on my eyelids and red lip stain. I do this so when people look me in the face, they know I wish to be referred to as a female.

I wear less jewelry, usually just earrings and a bracelet.

I don’t wear my forms anymore. I have small tits and wear a push-up bra.

I wear leggings or skinning jeans more now. As time goes on I dress more like GG’s. I still wear short dresses and skirts a lot of the time.

I rarely wear stocking or pantyhose.

I no longer wear any padding. I wear clothes that fit my body. I don’t try and make my body fit the clothes.

I will sometimes wear flats now. I'm 5-10 and mostly wear at least a 4" heel.

I just renewed my DL two days ago. I haven't changed my name or gender on it, but my picture will now show me as Jean.

I have come to terms that this is just how I am, whatever label you put on it, this is me.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Jean,

Compared to me you've taken off like a rocket! I've been going out for about 20 years now and I'm only partially out of the closet.

My presentation has changed partially as a result of my aging from a younger and more fit 48 to an older and much less fit 68 year-old. I try to make sure I'm both age and activity appropriate but I used to avoid activities where I would best fit by dressing casually. Now I have a lot more casual clothes, jeans and tees are as much of my wardrobe as dresses and skirts. I've never been much of one for heels and a couple of years ago I broke a bone in my foot and heels are a very short term option now, so it's flats, athletic shoes or anything with a good cushion in the sole. I don't always wear hose but keep my legs shaved. I hate my pants that become baggy instead of show off my curves because I'm not wearing hip and butt padding, but have some skirts and skorts that don't need that extra layer. I've been on a medication with a side effect of some breast growth and with the right bra I could probably get out, but have yet to do that. I like my forms because they help create a more feminine silhouette that makes me feel more comfortable when I'm out and about.

I am 6'1" and have plenty of male facial features, so when it comes to makeup and accessories I try to get as many female cues as possible in my presentation. Foundation, full eye makeup, nails, woman's style glasses, wigs (my hair is long but much to sparse to wear on it's own), jewelry and a nice purse are all part of my preparation for leaving the friendly confines of my house or hotel.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Jean as I’m very close to fulltime including working as my true self I’ve not changed much I learned as I was just going out
    on days before I wanted to blend, I don’t go clubbing or such things I think before fulltime I was learning to be as any women and now each day it becomes more normal for me. I do need my makeup to feel better about myself when out but
    I can minimize it for short outings even if my features show my maleness I’m trying my best to look female all the time

Banned Read only
    Jean,
    As I've replied in another thread , dressing down successfully is possibly harder than dressing up .

I accept I will still need a little extra to fill my bra and going without a wig probably won't happen , I'm not a heavy makeup wearer but how much is too little ? I do agree I wear clothes that fit my figure that's a bonus for me , shoes are a tricky one , I don't like flats so heeled wedges are a good compromise . I must admit I like jewellery and it does make a distraction to people seeing the guy .

I would say my presentation has evolved over time.

I used to have jet black hair which did me no real favours. A change to a copper colour has increased my confidence.

I have also learned what works and what doesn't which has also helped. It is also useful to know what works for where you are going.

Be it for grocery shopping, nightclub or an art gallery.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

I'm a crossdresser, not transitioning. But like many MTF x-dressers (most??) I started with lingerie, went through a 'hooker looking' phase, and have settled into a full on female presentation, wig, make up, padding, and blendable clothing.

Teresa,
    You are who I was thinking of when I started this.

It is not a contest, just a list of some of the things that have changed in my life.

Dressing down is not hard, to do it with a since style, that's the trick.

It has taken some time for me to develop my own style, which is still a work in progress. I look for approval and get feedback from my friends, mostly GGs.

Make-up, I don't have a beard, so my routine is more like a GG. I'm old and the color on my face is, well not good so I need foundation. Most GGs have good skin and don't.

I agree shoes are tricky. I wear lots of wedges, they are easy to walk in, and they work for dressing down.

I'm pretty much always over dressed. Still I wouldn't wear a wedding dress to the beach, that is unless I was getting married.

Sarah

I do believe we met a couple of years ago in Vegas. My life has changed a lot since than. I have accepted that I'm going through change, and just go with it.

I am TG or whatever, the thing is I'm not trying to fool anyone. I'm just Jean.

Also I want people to know I'm wearing make-up with out in looking to heavy. So I've developed a routine that works for me.

Socially I am at 95% full time, and I'll quite possibly go full time in everything, including my name and legal ID, in another year or so. I guess I am qualified to reply.

I started in mid 2014, at age 56. Back then, when going out I exclusively wore skirts or dresses, virtually always wore stockings and high heels, and did a fairly heavy eye shadow when going out to a nightclub for an evening. I owned no pants other than a women's pants suit, with an optional skirt that I sometimes wore instead of the slacks. I owned very few sneakers or flats. My wigs were almost all in the "under $80 synthetics" category. My very best wig, after a year, was a $240 synthetic wig which, unfortunately, didn't fit well. My ears were not pierced, and I wore press-on nails, which came off as soon as I got home. I carried a full makeup kit and a full change of male clothes in the car, in case I ruined my makeup or needed to quickly bail back to male mode. And while I under-dressed with panties in male mode, the rest of my male attire was just that - men's clothes when in male mode.

Now? I dress a lot more like a cisgender woman. I wear a custom-made human hair wig that looks absolutely real. Ears are pierced and I wear at least stud earrings all the time, even in male presentation. In female mode I wear a lot of very feminine, dangly earrings. My nails are done in female style 24x7, with acrylic nails and feminine shape and color. My wardrobe is much larger and more diverse, and includes quite a few pairs of women's jeans and casual clothes. About a third of my shoes and boots have low heels, or are flats, and I wear socks or have bare legs much more often than wearing nylon stockings. Hosiery is reserved for very formal occasions. Heels are primarily for evenings out on the town, and I have a pair of flats handy to change into if needed. Shopping at the mall or grocery shopping I am much more likely to be wearing women's jeans and sneakers. My makeup is much more 'natural and understated', and I wear eye shadow only for more of a fancy dinner or formal gathering, or a nightclub setting. I know how to apply makeup that will last all day, and how not to ruin it, so I rarely carry more than a lipstick for makeup repair, unless I am going to be away from home for more than 6 hours. I never bother keeping a spare set of male clothes in the car any more. In male mode, I'm still wearing 50% to 100% female clothing, which is selected to be unisex enough to pass as male clothes at a casual glance.
    Last edited by Ceera; 01-04-2018 at 06:59 PM.

Banned Read only
    Jean,
    That was a very kind thought but shame on you you when you say you're old at 61 as you can see I'm a little older .

My problem is I still don't sleep well and worry about it showing around my eyes so I started using Olay lift and firm moisturiser every day about two years ago, I have to say it does do a great job, it has light cream base which works well under foundation . My first real turning point when I first came out and joined my social group was having to bite the bullet and get a colour test done, I would advise everyone to do that because it's a great confidence booster knowing you have the basics right . I've never had a full professional makeover because like brides at weddings I use to photograph too many of the professionals are over the top , that's OK for a night out but too much for everyday .

As you may have read I intend to run an art group possibly from my new home as Teresa so that is going to be interesting how I will dress and be accepted . I accept that some days will have to be spent in male mode , I have plans for structural alterations, I know that's going to mean knocks and bruises sore hands and broken nails . I'm going through that at the moment while renovating my wife's new home but I still can't wait to have a home of my own where I have full control and choices .

Maybe we should ask how has your life changed rather than presentation , to be able to play your own type of music , to have friends call that others don't approve of, and the biggy to wear what you choose to wear when and how you like . To shop and not be questioned why and what for I guess when I talk in this tone it's not just DADT I've lived with . I was surprised when my brother in law shook my hand and told me I had done a good job as a father and husband and I had earned this chance to live as Teresa although he doesn't know I use a female version of my name .

I like your end comment of not trying to fool anyone , I'm just Teresa whatever label I use or others do !
    Last edited by Teresa; 01-04-2018 at 06:56 PM.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Grew my hair out but occasionally will wear a wig just depends.
    Let my own cleavage do its thing in a low cut top.
    No longer feel the deed to dress like a trashy street walker.
    Not into skirts and dresses as much as I used to be.
    Still hate pantyhose.

I have lowered my skirts to just above the knee, wear a little more makeup now, didn't need it a few years ago.

Wear more jeans and tops these days, doesn't everyone?

Shorter hair seems more appropriate and easier to keep in check.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

From the 60's to now I've gone thru many changes. From mini skirts and long hair to jeans and tees with wigs. Wearing high heels to wearing flats.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Silver Member
    when young I spent a lot of time getting ready to go out. Full makeup and all. As I've aged and become a very senior citizen makeup has gone away. Most of the older women in my age group only wear makeup for special occasions.

Platinum Member
    Jean, I’ve retreated from something close to full time, but in principle I feel I can respond in a relevant way.

After the inevitable presentation blunders, I became basically competent’, meaning that I reached a rudimentary level of skill in make up and dressed in something more situationally appropriate. I was out in public and increasingly comfortable. At that point, I began to realize that I was at least blending in and...the thought was “I CAN do this!

I made some some changes to my diet, more informed wardrobe choices, better wigs.

But it that’s where I stopped. I had reached the functional divide between what I was during the day, and who I was at night and on weekends.

it seems I’m stuck there even today
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Banned Read only
    Kim,
    Does it really matter being stuck ? You've obviously found your comfort zone , what more do you really want ?

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    I'm a work in progress

Kim,
    That is basically where I am at.

I’m out, but live like two different lives. There is my work life and Jean, my new life.

So if you think about it, to me it sounds nuts. Now it just seems normal, not that there is anything normal about my life as Jean. The people around me are ok with me living this way, to me this sounds crazy.

There are a few that are not ok with how I live. One tried to have me permanently thrown out of the bar, the other tried to get me fried at work, and both went nowhere.

To me it is all become normal, just me, just Jean.

I tend to wear the 600g (36c) breast forms more often than the larger ones. That was not always the case.

Not at all. Working in a nearly all female occupation, I have to go to great lengths to try to portray a normal, straight male. So that's what I do. And I stay very much in the closet, not just for myself, but for all the other straight guys out there, in order not to perpetuate the stereotype that every male who works a 'girly' job is gay or trans.

And at home, I'm stuck feeling like an adolescent girl. It never goes away, apparently. So that's how I dress.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I had to dye my hair blonde which is the right color. Wear make up when out and get called mam. Very often. I am aging well and have been passing pretty well.