Thread: Out and about

Out and about

Good morning y'all. I'm happy to report that thanks to your encouragement I took the step of going out in full femme. Late at night, I went to the store to buy some makeup removal wipes, stopped at the ATM and got some gas. No one seemed to have batted at eye. This was early enough, 10pm, where there were a couple of people.out and about.

Then I decided to head to one of the only gay clubs in the area. Called an uber, and in the conversation I said it was my first night out as Christinne, to which the driver replied I was very brave because it required a lot of conviction. I arrived at the bar, and the security guard didnt say anything when I showed my male ID. I sat at the bar, ordered a couple of drinks and no one bothered me. It was 1230am.on a Tuesday night, so not a lot of people around.

Though that's where things turned a bit sour. I'm not used to not having pockets and in my small, cheap purse, I put my keys,.which sometime during the outting, fell out and haven't been found since. I didnt realize this until I got home. i was terrified, because that would mean asking my housemates to unlock the door and they would see me. I was able to sneak in through i window i had left ajar and in my panic and semi drunken stupor, was loud enough to wake my housemate. Fortunately she did not get out of her room, but did question if that was me who made the racket. I removed.the makeup quickly, though not very well as the eyeliner and lipstick on as still visible, took.off the heels, skirt and wig and put on my jeans, boots and jacket and ubered back. Bar had closed and I could not get my keys back. I walked home half drunk and defeated. Fell asleep with still my female underwear and body shapers on. Not very comfortable haha

It certainly.is an experience I will not forget. I enjoyed myself.so much befo you that unfortunate mishap. Even went today as soon as it opened, and my keys were not there. At least my secret is still safe.

Anyways, thank you all for reading this amd letting me vent.

Well that's certainly an eventful first outing!
    :-D

Christinne,

You are not alone in your misadventures, dear. Somehow I think it comes with the territory. If a man dons women's clothing and goes about in public, something noteworthy will happen. I think it comes with rookie mistakes, for those who are just venturing forth in their "real" identity for the first times. Yes, it happened to me. Disaster.

I was staying at a B&B located in a small ag town in wine country. Along the trail I was traveling I had been dressing. I was still relatively "new" to full-on dressing up (a dress, heels, makeup, etc.. Until that summer I'd only under-dressed and never bought myself a real woman's outfit. The B&B had no staff on the grounds after hours in the evening. Yes, I was warned about it but they also provided emergency phone numbers to me. I was out about the village en femme, wearing my favorite long summer dress, light makeup, no wig (headscarf), accessories. etc. Right before turning in for the night I went back out into the courtyard to have one last glass of wine. When I finished and tried to re-enter the building, I was locked out. I knew almost immediately that I'd left my room keys on the kitchen counter when I got a glass and a snack. I was locked out of all the exterior entrances and to my upstairs room. There were almost no other guests at the house. I was literally faced with having to spend the night sleeping outdoors in the B&B courtyard and then being discovered in a dress come the morning. I couldn't get in. I couldn't get help for hours and hours from the emergency phone contact. I was a man in a dress locked out of a lodging establishment. I decided after a while to break the small glass panel on the back door to gain entry. No alarms sounded, thank God. I reimbursed the owner and proprietor for the broken window and explained my situation (never mentioning that I was in a dress). The discussions went on for a day or so after I departed, but he accepted my payment and explanation. He told me he saw the security video of the whole thing, and understood.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Sounds like you need a second pair of keys where you can get to them when needed. I am glad you made it though!

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

Firstly a very well done for taking those first step. I'm sure there's more to follow.

Your story is one that highlights what's been said here many times. Drink and early CD'ing adventures don't mix. I would stongly advise that the next time you go out stay sober.

Drink can encourage you to do things you really shouldn't. In these early sorties you need to keep your wits about you as you're on a learning curve.

Once you've got a few trips out under your shaper then indulge yourself A LITTLE. I would say the yardstick for being in a position to let your hair down more is once you've become comfortable with going out shopping in the daytime. At that point you've gained enough experience to make better and safer decisions.

Sorry if this seems like I'm raining on your parade. I'm one of the first to encourage those here to take that step out the door but let's all do it safely.

As for the keys. Have you contacted Uber to see if you lost them in the cab?

You have done well, just remember to stay safe in the future.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

That's why I hide a door key so that I don't get locked out. Unfortunately my car keys are on the same key ring, so if I lose one I lose the ability to get home to grab my spare car key.
    At least I'm getting to the point where I'm comfortable enough as Nikki that I can handle the turbulence of things going wrong.

Well I had a event happen for me. My in-laws had taken the girls for the weekend. So my wife and I went to Wichita. With some encouragement I went to go out dressed. This was the second time I had been out dressed. I was passing just fine. We had taken our 2nd car. my old collage car a VW Jetta, leaving my wife's for the in-laws for ease of fitting the booster seats. We made it to down and check in to our hotel, late afternoon on a Friday. After a relaxing dip in the pool and hot tub. We got dressed for a evening out. I dressed slightly conservative. Just a light tan Knee length skirt slightly lighter tan blouse. Of course, appropriate underwear. Stay-ups. 2" heels. I actually did a decent job on my make up. m wife only having to touch up a couple places. She did my hair in a short feminine style. I kind of looked like Ms. Kennedy from James Bond License to kill. Anyway we had planned to go to dinner and a movie both nights.
    Well plans didn't go so well. After heading from the restaurant to the movies. The Jetta died. And I do mean dead. No resuscitation could help. That left me and my wife nicely dressed in dresses and heels. To either call a cab or walk. We decided to walk the 5 blocks to the movie. Talk about nervous, Every step felt like it was just an inch. Blocks seemed miles long. But I made it. once the butterfly's in my stomach went away. I actually felt good about myself and my courage going out. We walked the 7 blocks to the hotel after the movie. Even in the big city at 10pm.
    We wound up trading the Jetta on a new toy for both of us. A bright blue convertible mustang. We got $300 for the Jetta.

Kelsey

What!!! No mobs with pitchforks and ropes!?

Sometimes fate lends a helping hand. So are you now planning outting No 3? Solo effort perhaps?

Nor any flaming torches. This happened a couple years ago. but still sticks in my mind. While slightly nervous we both can handle ourselves. I always have protection, work requires it and the wife is a third degree black belt.
    I have been out several times since both alone and with my wife. I do it when we are out of town.

Kelsey

I was alone this time. I just lied to the uber driver. Btw, i have found my keys, yay!!!

Christinne, I am glad you found your keys. Yay!

Kelsey, that was a great story where you had to overcome some adversity. I laughed when I read your Jetta fetched $300. I'd like to know whether you shopped for the Mustang en femme.

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

Great that you found your keys, Christinne! . So with no lasting repercussions from your first time out and a knowledge that you are capable of coping with adversity when dressed, I hope your future outings all go without a hitch . You made very quick progress, and although it's a given that safety measures need to be taken, your sort of determination deserves to be rewarded with good fortune .

Good job to Ilene and Kelsey for also overcoming difficult outings .

- Lydianne.

Sounds Like a nice outing with some problems. You did well.

Since I'm not out about yet this would probably terrify me into panic mode. I'm glad that everyone's adventure though came out ok. It's kind of reassuring reading the stories thinking maybe everyone is not out to get CDs as much as we think.

Sami, Looking back I almost wish I did. But I was Drab. At times I think the dealer felt sorry for us and gave us that much.

Kelsey

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylyn View Post
    Since I'm not out about yet this would probably terrify me into panic mode. I'm glad that everyone's adventure though came out ok. It's kind of reassuring reading the stories thinking maybe everyone is not out to get CDs as much as we think.
    Jaylyn,
    Firstly, you re absolutely correct. "They" aren't out to get you nearly as much as many would think.

For anyone taking those first steps out all I'd say is do a little pre planning. Know where you're going, check it out first in drab if possible and have a contingency plan, an alternative to switch to if things don't feel right.

Spur of the moment can be soo exciting but it can also take you into troubled waters. There's so much fun, pleasure and satisfaction to be found in going out. It'd be a huge shame to deign yourself all of that just because the first experience doesn't go well due to poor prep.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Reality Check
    Congratulations on going out. I've been out several times but not to talk to people, just walking around the mall or around the tourist and business sections of town. What you did takes some courage.

As for your keys, that's one of my fears, losing my house and car keys. I had a magnetic key box hidden under the bumper of my truck but forgot about it and traded it in on a new truck. I've got to get another and maybe one for the car as well.

It's been said (and I agree) that most crossdressers would do better with a large purse because it makes them seem smaller. A larger purse also allows room for more things and usually has pockets for keys, phone, etc.
    Krisi

I have a tiny emergency pocket with a Velcro closure sewn inside the waistband of my skirts and pants, just big enough to hold a house key, a truck key, and a $20 bill ... just in case.
    "You are who you are, that's all right with me,
    But I am who I am, that's all I can be."
    -Trace Atkins, "Rough and Ready"
    ===========================================
    Just call me Kaylie