Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An interesting New Year's Eve....

An interesting New Year's Eve....

We went to two parties NYE. Although we were within walking distance, I drove. I didn't drink so it was OK. (Don't drink and drive. If you are tagged for a DUI, it will be the most expensive night of your life!! Just sayin'....) One was Formal!!! I was so jealous of the women!!!! Some of them looked amazing!!! I wanted to look amazing also. One of our friends was there, she has long flowing dark hair and I would have loved to wear her dress!!!! She looked fabulous!! I ended up talking with one of the husbands while wanting to be dressed like one of the wives...It was surreal!! Had fun there, then we went home and changed clothes and went to another party with live music from our friend's garage band. It was epic! Have you ever been to a party and wanted to be one of the girls when you know you couldn't?

This is how I was dressed and this is how I wanted to be dressed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Nigella; 01-05-2018 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Not a topic for this forum
    Please call me Lisa!

A half fun NYE I guess Lisa...and I have to say that Blue suits you a LOT better . I can so relate to talking male while wishing you were dressed like his wife!! Every party I go to as a guy, i spend my time wishing I could be one of the girls.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

I stopped trying to handle that over 10 years ago. I wish you felt the freedom to do the same.

Actually I am OK with it. I'd like to do it, but I don't want to upset my otherwise very supportive wife.
    Please call me Lisa!

It happens to me all the time! Christmas parties, formal business functions, I always want to be one of the girls!
    Just trying to be the real me!

Silver Member
    My company's Christmas party was pretty much the same for me. Me in my boy clothes talking to guys in suits while some of the women were showing off outfits that turned me green inside. Ah well. I want to say I'll show up in a dress one day, but its one of those "believe it when you see it" things.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    My vanilla friends r my age. That means, "Too old to dress up or even go out."

The girls I hang with these days, both T and cis, r Sherry's friends and much younger. They all expect me to dress!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Ether way it is nice to have an occasion to dress to the hilt. I haven't had a reason to dress in a Tux in years and probably never will again. But it does have a positive feeling when presenting at that level and being secure in it. The same as the gown, I had never seen you in a tux until now but many times in a gown on here and I have to admit I envy your persona as Lisa and would feel just as proud dressed like you in the lovely gowns as in the tux. In short you wear each well and I hope you had a good time anyway. Hoping for you and all here to have a Great 2018!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Quote Originally Posted by S. Lisa Smith View Post
    Have you ever been to a party and wanted to be one of the girls when you know you couldn't?
    Most parties I've been to...

Aspiring Member
    Completely understand - I posted about the same thing happening at my company christmas party - co-workers dressed to the nines and me wanting to do the same. One of my co-workers has the most amaxing pair of heels that I am just dying to ask where she got them so I could have a pair of my own. I would love to wear one of my bodycon LBD to a party....

I always go as Beverley to NYE parties.

Yes, I am lucky, been doing it for about ten years now.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Lisa, you just described every wedding I have ever been to.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Have you ever been to a party and wanted to be one of the girls when you know you couldn't?
    Duh....Yeah
    Jill

All of the time, and not just at formal events, but everyday these thoughts occur. Oh course it's at formal events where women can really shine so my desire to be dressed like them is at it's strongest then.

Whether out amongst the public or watching television, It happens all the time. I once saw a skirt one of the "pretty little liars" was wearing so I went on the internet to look it up. Turns out there are web sites and Pinterest pages dedicated to her fashion.

Sadly I never got to purchase the skirt.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Always cautiously eyeing what the ladies are wearing ... BTW, you look fantastic in that blue dress!

I was at a NYE party myself and I felt the same way. So many well dressed women and I wish I could have done the same. Unfortunately my friend doesn't know of my dressing (and I'm not so sure how accepting she'd be). Also my boss and many of my customers were also there and I'm not really able to out myself yet. Maybe when I quit or retire I'll go out and give them all something to talk about LOL.

Yes, many times! My wife and I went on a few cruises and I remember looking at some of the women in their fancy dresses and I was sure that I would look better in them than they did! Oh, well.
    Hugs, Carole

I know what you mean by wanting to be dressed like the ladies. Wife n I went to a rock n roll history musical and the girl that came out dressed like Linda Ronstad ( think I spelled that right) was wearing a fabulous dress. I couldn't concentrate on the music as I was admiring her dress. Thinking I've got to do some shopping.

Banned Read only
    I know the feeling of 'wishful thinking.' My wife and I do not do NYE parties. My 'wishful thinking' happens if I am at Costco Sunday afternoon right after church. Thank God for those churches that frown upon women wearing anything but a dress to church. You look lovely as a woman. That male pattern baldness is a killer. I suffer also.

I absolutely feel the same way, especially during formal events, the holidays are particularly a rough time for me for the same reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by alwayshave View Post
    Lisa, you just described every wedding I have ever been to.
    me three
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Me four!

Platinum Member
    You look great either way!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

All the time,