Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who's the women in your relationship?

Who's the women in your relationship?

We went south for a mini vacation, my wife was getting in bed and sees me dressed with a red teddy and stockings on. She stopped and looked at me with a disappointing look on her face, I asked her what was wrong. She said what a bad wife she is because I thought about bringing something sexy to bed and she didn't, it's like I'm the women in the relationship.
    Well you know I liked to hear that and found it funny and told her not to worry as long as one of us remembered. After all I'm the only one who wears the skirts and pantyhose in the house.
    Am I alone with this one or is anyone else the women of the house?

Banned Read only
    Over all I probably am, but you have to look at it from their perspective. They "are" women, so all those little things that we find special, is just life to them.

I’m not a fan of “gender roles” in a relationship, so I don’t peg either of us as “the woman” because it’s not a useful descriptor or our relationship.

I have no doubt that I think far more often about surprising my wife by wearing sexy lingerie than she does. But being in a DADT relationship, that will only ever be a recurring thought.

I dress more feminine around the house than my wife does.
    My wife "fashion style" is more of the tom-boy look.

Hate the title, but understand the intent. To that end.

I, in boy mode or girl mode am far more of the dresser upper in the house. I shop for it, buy it, give it and wear it. That is not to say she doesn’t wear it. But I buy it for her and wait till the moment strikes her.
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

Platinum Member
    I first took the title a completely different way, thinking ‘other than my old female dog,...no one’. But I get your meaning. I think I more and more was posturing myself as a woman in my former household, and it was one of the things leading to the end of the relationship

in reflecting on the paragraph above, the ‘error’ or at least one of many, was thinking that my wife was a frog in a pot...mindlessly accepting as the heat increased. Or perhaps the idea that if I take the cooking, laundry and vacuuming, I’m somehow entitled to be at least one of the women of the house.

The other, critical mistake was projecting my desires on her. Seeing her desires as an extension of mine. (I know. Empathy functioning at low levels)

what I missed...now rather obviously...was that she was strongly attracted to the physical,visual, tactile expressions of masculinity....the Viking...as she sometimes called me.

So how did I miss that? Well, simply because I was so f***ing self absorbed that I deluded myself into believing that what attracted me (turned me on), had the same effect on her. I had no attraction to male...hunky, muscular, stud...etc guys...and was/am today drawn to the kind of woman I’d would wish to be. And I lead myself to believe her desires were identical to mine. Du-oh!
    Last edited by kimdl93; 01-05-2018 at 08:09 PM.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

MY GF has said she has to be the boy of the house.
    Part Time Girl

It is a sharing of roles.I wear nightines to bed and my wife cotton PJ's. My wife never wears skirts, I do. I wear dresses, my wife seldom. But htese are simply inward expressions. Outward, she is a female and I am a male.

My wife rarely wears nice dresses, and lingerie isn't happening, for either of us when together. DADT is the order of the day. What I wear on my rare own time matters not because she won't see it. Bedtime is purely m/f binary attire, and all sleep no play. We're merely closely attached roommates these days.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I'm the Alpha and the Omega, the Male and the Female, the Yin and the Yang around here. It's just me to fill all the roles in this non-relationship household.

In the interest of full disclosure, I do have an adult son and his daughters here, but they are in their own world and except for eating my cooking and keeping me in my closet, don't play much of a part in my world.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

I've been trying hard, these days, to get outside the gender binary; so I'm just not going to go there.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Banned Read only
    Micki-Finn, then how would you describe your relationship? Maybe I can learn from your answer. Why does your SO accept and encourage you to dress and go out as two women?

Silver Member
    My wife is always the woman in bed. I love it. Out of bed, while I dress fem I won't ever be able to out dress her. She has been revered by friends and business associates for her style and fashion sense. She amazes me that she tells me what to buy before it becomes popular.

In our marriage my wife is the boss. She is definitely the woman. She is the lucky one who gets to wear dresses and skirts to work. While neither would work in my job. She has slightly more lingerie than me but I have more skirts. It balances out.

Kelsey

Definitely Andrea's better half. My wife is and always will be the woman in our relationship.

A better selection of wording might be who is more feminine in the relationship? I don't think we are doing women any justice by thinking we are the woman in the relationship simply by how we dress.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

I may wear women's clothing from time to time but my wife wears it all the time. I am a man and she is a woman. Putting on clothes doesn't change that. She wins the "woman in our relationship" by default.

The only time my fiancee has balked at my nightgown was when it was the same color as hers. Easily rectified with a different color nightgown.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

We both tend towards the more feminine side of the spectrum. In most ways she is more feminine, but in some ways I am more feminine.

You are certainly not alone. I read your question to my wife for discussion. She agrees, there are many times I look like the woman of our house, especially when it comes to dresses, hose, heels, and underwires. However, when she goes out, she’s 100% woman. She dresses to the 9’s, having done some modeling, she still grumbles having to wear hose, heels, etc. which come off immediately when she walks in the front door. Casual dress is her mode. Mine is definitely more dress up. I wear hose most of the time and oft ask for her opinion of what I wear, as does she asks me. We have a great relationship which I hold dear and trustworthy.

Although my wife frumps around the house in jogging type clothes and I underdress as often as I can in a DADT situation, she is still the woman of the house (and my life). Just ask her.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

A very nice article you wrote Kimdl93. I understand.
    Hi-5's to you for your honesty, It's a refreshing quality these day's
    be safe. Karrin

Isn't this kind of thing exactly what women have been fighting for, forever, the right to escape from being defined by their sex? Yet time and time again, they feel the need to do exactly that, whenever they feel like it.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

We are both women when out but I still take a male type role in decisions.

I do have to work in a male occupation.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.