Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I gotta question!

I gotta question!

So I've recently started dressing up and it feels really exciting, but also weird at same time. I say 'weird' because while in the process I keep telling my self "what the HECK are you doing??' but I just persist. I feel like I'm hypnotized... makeup suddenly interests me, I like girly clothing, etc. I mean, this sensation to want to be a girl wasn't really prevalent most of my life, and it just started happening! But if I can pinpoint it, it happened about a year ago when my friend said I'd look like a "pretty girl" if I dressed up as one, and then suggested I'd make a good model for some crossplay. I suppose after that.. well, it just encouraged me to try more... and here I am asking questions about this on a internet forum! Does anyone here that's more experienced understand what I'm talking about? Thanks!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    It sounds like it was a challenge at first and now its become a hobby that you enjoy.
    Nothing wrong with that in my opinion.

Fear not, Alenko.

It's all part of the experience; the transformation. At first it is amazingly FASCINATING, and in fact that fascination drives it and may never go away. Not a bad thing.
    Part of the Amazing Transformation is the question "Why?". What the heck are you doing. Those are good and normal thoughts. As you find more of your inner Alenko, the strangeness of it all will fade.
    Enjoy the ride. You are definitely in the right place. Now's the best time to learn about yourself.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Hobbies are good!!!!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Yes, Alenko. Altho many here have had clues about their "proper" gender when they were young. Some of us didn't!

It never occured to me to try on women's things until I was 50. Even then, no switch flipped on for me! It took another year+ for me to finally get serious about dressing. And, of course, finding this site 10 years ago was like Alice falling down the rabbit hole for me!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Spammer
    I will add that you are doing nothing wrong so don't get it in your head that there is something wrong with you.
    There are lots of people just like you in the world.

Hi Alenko, often times I find that passing thoughts remain only that but a suggestion by someone we respect can become a seed planted within our minds that germinates and grows until the idea consumes us and we succumb. It can’t just be my experience. Have fun!
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I would just go with the flow if I were you. We are all at different levels with this thing we do and get different things from it. Just enjoy!
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

I didn't know about this side of me until I was about 50. It just started happening too!

I have been enjoying this journey for the past five years. I encourage you to enjoy it too.

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

Just curious, was the friend male or female? Judging from your avatar they were right. Billie Jean
    Last edited by Billie Jean; 01-10-2018 at 09:51 PM.

Banned Spammer
    We all have our reasons for doing it and there is no black and white answer to anything.
    If you try to find answers by digging into the reasons why the only thing you will come up with is more questions.
    Just enjoy it and be yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    I will add that you are doing nothing wrong so don't get it in your head that there is something wrong with you.
    There are lots of people just like you in the world.
    No worries here! I'm just a little curious as to why humans do certain things, that's all! Sometimes I stare at myself into the mirror and I wonder, what lurks behind my eyes? I'm also in my 20's; that awkward age were I don't know a lot, but I do know some stuff.. but I do know this for certain: When I look into the mirror and I see a girl staring back, holy heck I love that feeling and it makes me happy.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Billie Jean View Post
    Just curious, was the friend male or female? Judging from your avatar they were right. Billie Jean
    My friend is a guy. He's also a photographer! When I was crossplaying for the first time, he was treating me like I was a real girl! I loved it.

I would just embrace it and have fun in the process.

Alenko, it can be pretty common to have a what the h#@% am I doing moments is this really me? But generally those moments are few and far between and happen less as you get older, as others have said just go with the flow and follow your feelings, don't over analyse
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Banned Spammer
    Thanks for more insight into who you are.
    It helps everyone to get to know you.

Alenko, I wonder about a lot of things still even at 50, things I know is I like pretty things, whether its clothes, shoes, boots especially or 1 of my long time passions, Cars. I like to shop & spend money, I try to justify things for something I like, Ive gained weight the last couple years, since I came here & decided I was ok with me, a little upset with me for the a lot of the clothes I bought dont fit or dont look so good on, lol. I go in phases with things but a lot of what I do are off/on constants, this being 1 of them, Im still reasonably happy and things are in general better now, Pinpointing, I had some interesting discussions with a few people I made friends with here some being genetic girls, I know some of my fascinations have been with me as long as I can remember (high heel boots) and the feelings that go with them, I do think with the discussing some of it comes with the relating to the feeling and in another thread here recently I do think behavior can be modified to some extent, I can tell you I do like girls, am not gay but my experience with women in general hasnt been good and thats turned to relating to bad. Yes I still think sometimes what are you doing but I think some of its just ingrained in my personality. Wearing pretty things whether for the thrill of it, or just to take my mind off something, to me better than a lot of alternatives, some people drink or other, I told someone this is my drinking once. The wardrobe is also now a part of daily for me, jeans and panties at the least, I do it some for comfort and other is I just know and really to me thats good enough. I am me whether others would like it or not, Im not very judgemental about much anymore either, we are all different and as many would tell you here are you made wrong? I dont think so, I am just different.
    Mykaa is me! Discovering Peace throughout from the Girl within.
    David Bowie "Don't stay in a sad place Where they don't care how you are..."
    Disturbed The Light "The truth is waiting there for you to find it
    It's not a blight, but a remedy"

Sounds like you are discovering a side of yourself that you didn't know existed and thanks for finding and sharing your thoughts. I think we all wonder sometimes why we do what we do and it's not just crossdressers. Most important, IMHO, is that you are not absorbed in guilt and are openly exploring this new "personality". Nice to have you here, and glad you found us.

How did that happen ? Samantha2015's Avatar
    I was about 27 before I dressed fully head to toe and still remember the thrill for the first time (crappy wig and all back then)
    I'd say enjoy it as long as you can, if you only dress occasionally or every day. My late 40's was when the pink fog really hit me hard
    and my girl wardrobe and accessories really expanded after that. Beware the shoes, they will sneak up on you and before you know
    it you'll have a closet full As far as the "what the heck am I doing" question, I ask myself that just about every time I start to put
    the makeup on. Then when I put the wig on last and look in the mirror "Oh...... that's why I'm doing this"
    That part never gets old !!

Best of luck Alenko
    Hugs
    Samantha

I didn't have any inclination until I was about 40, playing around with undies and makeup, gradually adding things until getting to fully dressing a few years ago in my early 50s. Go ahead and explore and see where it leads.

Banned Read only
    Alenko,
    WE can all tell a different story of how it started and why and what road we are traveling on.

My CDing started with a bang as I call it at the age of 8-9 , it was more to do with T kicking in so it was sexual rather than wondering what it was like to wear girly things and experience what the clothes felt like , also in my case there was no external influence and lack of understanding why I was being driven in this way . Now I still have a sexual side but it is well in balance with just enjoying being Teresa , going out to shop and meet others socially .

Most of us go through WTF am I doing stage , why does a guy want to wear women's clothes , then the associated guilt and shame . The big difference is I was married at your age and there my wife didn't know so it was all happening in the closet . It takes a long time to work it all out if ever , in the end you learn all the labels but they don't affect everyday life so in my case I'm having to learn how to integrate it into everyday life when I go full time .

The bottom line is most of us are born like it , for some it lays dormant for years and others like me it's with me 24/7 no ebb and flow , the World is becoming more accepting so it has become easier to gain acceptance , as others keep saying to me , don't overthink it just go with the flow and let it happen .

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    Alenko, from one Canadian to another, I can tell you that in some ways, you've grown up in a kinder, gentler time than I did. When I was your age (geez, that sounds lame) I was deep in denial and suppression. It took me another two decades to realize that this thing wasn't a burden; it was an incredible gift. By the sounds of things, you're already halfway there. Enjoy the ride.

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    With your permission I wanna say I started dressing at age 8 or 10 so it's been a while. Just have fun enjoy yourself don't feel what the heck your good

Alenko, its unexplainable, but if you like it and makes you happy, enjoy the ride like most of us

Welcome to the group Alenko
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

I see a girl staring back, holy heck I love that feeling and it makes me happy.
    In my view the reason humans do certain things is because they get a physical high from whatever that thing is.

The physical feeling that you get from crossdressing is a feeling different than other physical highs such as those influenced by drugs. Yet, it's similar. There are feel good hormones that are being released when you dress.

As to why this is happening to you, you'll have to figure it out for yourself. Don't expect to come up with answers soon and don't dwell on it. It's best to accept this as a part of yourself without worrying about why.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

As others have said, this is who we are. Just go with it and enjoy it.