Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Intimacy of Underwear

I agree w Tracii, Fetish is the key word. In the very early days of my dressing, I definitely had a panty/bra fetish. It was an extreme turn on for me but went away as I progressed to full dressing, makeup, etc. Fem became the mode I preferred, a natural mode, a relaxing mode. The "sexual" side of dressing has been replaced with the satisfaction of being the person I like to be.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    Through my personal journey, I have had similar feelings. I agree with Tracii G, 'I think the term "fetish" for a piece of clothing is the key here.'
    The biggest reason why I started to underdress all the time was to get beyond the fetish that had developed in my life. A fetish is erotic,(causing sexual excitement, or desire), by its nature, and I didn't want that to rule my life. I am looking for the sensual,(of or connected with the body and the senses), in a nonsexual way kind of feeling. Can someone who once had a fetish toward something evolve to another plain, I believe it is possible, many here on this site CD without erotic feelings. In this journey I have not reached total success, but I have moved forward greatly in this arena. Trying on anything new is exciting regardless of what it is.

Regarding women, I can only comment on what I see and hear from my wife. Underwear is just that, under wear, which needs to be clean, in case you are in an accident. They can be pretty, and that can help make her feel good inside, but they are still just clothes. For her, pretty has more to do with color, pattern, or style, than fabric which is totally where I am at.

Intimacy is being with another person, being intimate with clothes makes it a fetish, my opinion. Don't beat yourself up over this, many of us started out that way and it has evolved, or is evolving into something else. You just have to persist and push on through to the other side.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

I can only think about my darling first wife. Whenever she got a new item of clothing, and that includes night wear, day wear and underwear, she would do a small dance thing. So yes she did experience some forms of excitement.

Platinum Member
    I just don't buy into the notion women think 'underwear is just underwear!' When I go to the children's department at JCPenny you have to pass through the women's lingerie section. The matching color panties and bras is very evident. The utilitarian beige and whites are against the back wall. Of course, there is the bridal white section for clothes that are made to be enticements for arousing male behavior. Perusing the bra and panty ads hitting my email in box suggests nothing more than a lot of artistic quality for the lingerie. Yes, my wife is into functionality: beige bra, white cotton panties. Ugh! Several years ago I was chastised by a GG for stating I liked to color coordinate my undergarments; panty, bra and slip. Maybe it's because I was raised in an era when lingerie/undergarments were used to get the guy interested in her. I still love donning an ensemble totally in red or pink, as well as sexy lacy black or white.

The statement made above suggests attractive lingerie makes a woman feel good. Ask her what that means.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamsin Secret View Post
    Could new items of underwear stir similar emotions for GG's too?
    I have never seen my wife get excited over a new pair of panties or a bra. The closest she came to showing any emotion at all was after I told her she was wearing the wrong size bra and we found her correct size.

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    I'll be sure to tell my wife that she's having a "fetish moment" when she can't wait to try on new bra and panties, or a new nightgown. Yes, I'll grant you that there are many of us who perhaps view our panty drawers with a surprising amount of sexual interest. But let's try to get some perspective. The OP was questioning her own sensual arousal at donning some pretty new bras and panties. While some underwear is utilitarian, it's often anything but. It's intimate clothing, and it's designed to look and feel sensual, and to inspire sensuality and intimacy. My fellow Canadian Gillian, who is usually very spot on in her comments, offered this above: "Intimacy is being with another person, being intimate with clothes makes it a fetish, my opinion. Don't beat yourself up over this, many of us started out that way and it has evolved, or is evolving into something else. You just have to persist and push on through to the other side." In other words, any type of sensual feeling derived from dressing is somehow wrong. Well, the moment I "push through to the other side", wherever that is, is the day I quit dressing.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Isabella Ross View Post
    Tamsin, you're being way too hard on yourself.
    I agree

Quote Originally Posted by Tamsin Secret View Post
    A simple pair of cotton panties is functional and practical so if that's all that underwear is to people surely they would just have a draw full of those along with the matching functional bra. Why then would that same person also have other styles of underwear, traditionally related to anything other than being functional, if it made no difference to how they felt about wearing it?

I'm not suggesting every person putting on nice undies automatically has to orgasm over them but, and even if it's just because they want to look nice, this must be driven by the thought it will change the 'normal' mindset of everyday functionality which in a scale can range from feeling slightly more attractive to all out sexual arousal. Wow, perhaps I am thinking to much about all this
    Cotton ANYthing is just functional and boring. the only article of undergarment that should be cotton is socks. I mean like the ones you wear with everyday tennies. Cotton underwear for men OR women are just "briefs".

For a bra though, I have like two or three. Two boring beige and one white. About as exciting as a pair of gym socks.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

My wife has noticed the same thing with me. Whenever I get some new sexy women's underwear, I am suddenly a lot hornier than normal. She put it to a GG wearing a prom dress. But she can be the same way too with certain articles of clothes also.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    I just don't buy into the notion women think 'underwear is just underwear!'
    So what you are saying is the women that say its just underwear are lying?
    Last edited by Pat; 01-12-2018 at 08:32 AM. Reason: fix quote tag

I think women who say underwear is just underwear are totally telling the truth. And women who say it's more than that are also telling the truth. I don't think there's a single, correct answer.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Aspiring Member
    Though I have lots of underwear and some of it is what might be termed sexy, it ends up being just functional. Unless they are very skimpy panties are simply more comfortable than male briefs because they are less bulky. I wear panties about 350 days a year. Satin is all very well, but lace is uncomfortable and in the end I wear mostly cotton. I know a woman who runs a lingerie shop and there is no doubt at all that she loves elaborate underwear but I suspect she is in a small minority of GGs - I have never had a partner who was at all interested in underwear. I have read articles written by women where they claim to love the knowledge that underneath their everyday outfit they are wearing knock-em-dead underwear. Even for me, the underwear is functional in respect of my outerwear - it makes the dresses and tops look good and it is the overall look I like as well as the feel of the clothes - always - always - a dress or skirt. The clothes just look better with breasts and some bras make them look better than others but this is structural rather than how much satin and stuff is involved. I have gone to fitters several times and they always recommend a certain type of functional bra - and they always work.

First off, is the question rhetorical and just a musing of sorts?

For those that would like to know, here is my take from my own (GG) perspective... I would also like to add after reading the responses that included those asking a spouse, girlfriend, ex or other GG they know (or overheard), clearly you will get as many answers to your question as there are women in the world.

The question posed was “Could new items of underwear stir similar emotions for GG's too?”, and for me the answer is yes. It goes beyond just having clothes on, though, (new or not) it’s who is going to see them, what you’re going to do in them, how you feel in them. It’s reactionary. Like a talisman, it holds nothing unless you give it meaning to hold, and even then it is different from person to person. I think you’re right Tamsin, it’s an emotional reaction.

I, personally, do not own a single pair of plain, cotton briefs (The boring “granny panty” kind, or the ones women say they wear when it’s “that time of the month”, or laundry day, or what have you…). I never understood that logic and I would never want to be caught in something that I didn’t consider pretty, sexy, or flattering. I own probably close to 40 or so pairs of panties (I don’t like to call mine “underwear” and I’m trying to get my SO CD’er to stop calling them that as well -lol), and another 15 or so pairs that are straight lingerie that match with other bras, camisoles, teddy’s… whatever. All different colors, designs, styles and materials. When I wear them I am not aroused all the time, but if I am preparing for a date or special time with my SO, or a surprise when we’re out that I can use to tease with, it does excite me to know that what I am wearing will be a turn-on, and/or if *she* has something that will match, or play off what colors I have chosen, so we can both look hot together.

But as one poster said, it is about functionality (not sic). When I am at work, if I wear something considered hot or sexy, I often forget about it all together until I see it at some point later in the day. It’s only a “I’ve got a secret…”, power/sexy/risky/naughty kind of feeling when I plan it to be that, and put on something with that intended purpose. At work, I’m too serious about my job, surrounded mostly by men all day and don’t let my mind be unprofessional and go there. With my SO… different story…

Regards,
    -g

Aspiring Member
    Ok well the purpose of me posting has been served in that it has helped me channel my initial feelings of guilt for reacting so strongly to the new items.
    What I'm understanding is that it's perfectly natural to have heightened feelings regarding these things and in time those feelings may or may not cool somewhat but as my experiences with them are so few and far between they will most likley still seem very intense for a while to come.

If I was wearing bra and panties everyday (regardless of style) then perhaps the experience would seem more of a process and therefore dull the excitement somewhat.

Bit seeing as I don't underdress and cannot dress frequently I need to accept and control what happens if/when it does.

I just want my experience dressing to be authentic and felt that the sexual undertone I experienced invalidated that i.e made it a fetish.

I can assure you it's not, Tamsin as I'm discovering, is a deep rooted part of me that is dying to be accepted in the real world.

Hugs all

Tammy

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    Just a quick note to Littleg2 to express thanks for chiming in on this. Your views and those of my wife are in tandem, and I know there are more that feel this way. While some GGs in North America might be adopting more man-like intimate styles, that is anything but the case here in Europe, where high end lingerie stores are incredibly prevalent everywhere I've been.

I have never gotten excited over underwear. The prettier ones are usually the most uncomfortable. Just my opinion but I think CDers way over think this subject! Do men that don’t CD get excited about their underwear?

I do like an awesome sequin dress but not many places to wear that!
    Last edited by char GG; 01-18-2018 at 10:13 PM.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Isabella Ross View Post
    but the case here in Europe, where high end lingerie stores are incredibly prevalent.
    I've spent more money on lingerie over the last 40+ years than I care to contemplate, for myself and others, but I'm stunned by what people are willing (and able) to pay here in France. My local town has no less than 3 dedicated lingerie shops, and it isn't a very large town. Prices can be well over €100 for a bra, and almost as much for panties (that's even more in dollars). The fabrics and workmanship are superb, but who can afford more than the odd item at such prices? In Paris there are hundreds of these places, and shops offering bespoke lingerie at eyewatering prices.

Crazy world huh?

Quote Originally Posted by kayegirl View Post
    my darling first wife. Whenever she got a new item of clothing, and that includes night wear, day wear and underwear, she would do a small dance thing.
    That has to be one of the most adorable things I've ever heard.
    Last edited by Nikkilovesdresses; 01-19-2018 at 02:12 AM.
    I used to have a short attention spa

Putting on new panties or a new bra is a special and intimate personal experience for a crossdresser or trans woman. Its not invalidating at all. You are in touch with the sensuality of the experience. So much the better i say.

If women didn't get a sensual feelings when getting new bras and panties, clubs like Adore Me where they send you a new bra and panty set every month would't be in existence. Some women and I am assuming younger women must find this a turn on. I know I still find it a turn on when I get a real sexy bra and pantie set or a sexy body shaper.

Banned Read only
    Are you geting sexualy aroused whilst dressing?

Underwear is made attractive so people will buy the garment.

Look at underwear for men and the accent on the bulge between the legs.

Yeah! Who would buy them, yes some big boys I know. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aspiring Member
    I've always loved feminine underwear, in particular panties. Once in a while I go back into men's underwear for strategic/stealth reasons, but otherwise I wear panties 24/7. Some plain and comfy, some lacy, some in between. Most of the time it is all circumstances will allow me to wear, of a femme nature. I have some favourite panties for daily wear that are quite feminine and sheer. I have to admit, that while I don't have a *sexual* thrill from it, picking, and slipping into a fresh pair of panties in the morning, and installing a fresh panty liner (out of necessity, not choice...) is one of the highlights of my day, a real sensual treat. Of course, the border between "sensual" and "sexual" can be quite blurred at times...