Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what a week

what a week

Hi all, let introduce myself my name is Ellie and have been a cross dresser for over 45 years. Monday I finaly got up the courage to tell the wife, and stood back waiting for the rage and fireworks. She sat silent for a good five minits . Then she said thats wonderfull and wanted to now all about it, next day she insted that we go shopping for a new bra and makeup as i had shown her my secret stash. we are going out tomorow for a dress and looking at wigs. she loves the idea that she has a new sister. It's been a fantatic week sitting talking about nail colours etc. I'm so happy.Ellie

Either you're dreaming and about to wake up. Otherwise does she have a sister?
    Go slow. you've got a good start, don't push the limits too hard

Good for you but one thing take it slow let your wife get used to it and don't force anything.

Leann
    If you can't laugh and have fun you might as well go home.

Great start Ellie, hope everything works out...warning, don't over do it and break your budget.

Happy shopping !
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

Wow I might say I'm jealous but I'm going to say you have a great wife. She is a keeper and you had better treat her right because she's a gem of a wife. I hope that it remains as it is going now and that both of you have many happy times playing with the new found information. Oh did I mention I'm jealous....

Wow, I'm SO happy for You! That's coming from a girl with a VERY disapproving wife. I'll bet you wish you had told her years ago.

thanks girls for all your replys, i'm the one trying to slow things down but she just loves it and we have never been so close. i'm a very happy bunny. Ellie

I am happy for you, Ellie! Slow and steady! Enjoy your journey with your wonderful wife! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Banned Read only
    If your wife is legit that's fantastic for you. Be prepared. Women have a tendency to change their minds on occasion. This is a new adventure for her, and, it may grow old. Be sure to be your male self also.

Another jealous one here. I would love for my wife to embrace and participate.

I envy you. My wife is supportive of me as well but we need to take it a lot slower and unfortunately she does not go out shopping for herself so I doubt we will ever go out together shopping for outfits. Enjoy this time but savor as much as you can and don’t rush through. Save some excitement for later so you can enjoy this trip for as long as possible.

It's wonderful your wife accepts and supports you. Treat her like a queen. Take it slow.

the crazy thing is she says she has known for years, so much for hideing stuff and keeping it secret . Yes we have set out some ground rules like only when we now that the kids will not be around etc.
    Most of the time i am my male self it is only three or four times a week i am ellie. One thing that has unxpected thing that has happened is our love life has gone ballistic and not always instergated by me.
    It seems looking around the forum that i am one of the lucky ones when it come to partner approval. Like i said before what a week.

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    I've said this before, and I know not everyone will agree with me. But I think there are more accepting GGs out there than we think. I can't help but wonder how many CDs are living a life of frustration and suppression because they simply assume their partner wouldn't accept. My one regret in life is that I didn't muster up the courage to say something to my own wonderful wife a long time ago. There's even a body of scientific evidence that suggests many women find feminine men more attractive than masculine men. For example, research by New York University and Princeton University in 2011 showed that the long-term evolutionary "instinct" was changing gradually. Researchers showed more than 1,000 facial images of the opposite sex to male and female participants - the pictures had been airbrushed to make them look either more effeminate or masculine. It turned out that men and women both had greater fondness for the feminine facial images of the opposite sex, suggesting masculine men are not as popular as before among women. However, I have to concede there are some studies that have made the opposite conclusion. Regardless...I think there are many more women who would be as accepting as Ellie's wife.

Ellie, what a great reaction by your wife. Welcome to the forum.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Great news Ellie.

I Agree with Isabella. I bet you wish you had told her years ago. How many others 'in the closet' might just get the same reaction if they fessed up to thier wives?

Daisy. It's a hugely difficult decision for most to make. The apocryphal evidence gleaned from members of this self selecting site would seem to be that a negative reaction of one sort or another is vastly more likely than a positive one. And whilst the benefits of a positive reaction are significant to the person concerned, the potential costs of a negative one to all concerned may be enormous. Add to that the fact that the Pink Fog may impair the decision making process (something we should be aware of and factor into the calculation) and it's not hard to see why many opt for the risk-averse route of keeping it in the closet.

Ellie. It sounds like you have a wonderful wife but as many will agree, a SO's position can fluctuate for all sorts of reasons, some predictable, some not. I wish you both well.
    Julia

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Hi Julia.
    I was not suggesting those in the closet should open up to their wives, I was just wondering how many may actually find themselves in the position that Ellie did if they did so. We will, of course, never know for sure but I have read a lot of posts here recently in which the crossdresser was pleasently surprised by their SO's reaction, this post being one of them. I also think the tolerance to these things varies with location as well as culture and here in the UK the anecdotal evidence gleamed from this site suggests the odds may be stacked in favour of acceptance, perhaps more than anywhere else in the world.
    Last edited by Pat; 01-12-2018 at 11:56 AM. Reason: No need to quote the post immediately above yours

Silver Member
    ellie, What was the reason for you to reveal this to her now? You state that you expected a negative response, it sounds like you may have missed some signals from her. do you have any desire to ask her that if she knew and was cool with it, why she didn't approach you? I'm not suggesting you ask this, I'm wondering if you have that same curiousity. How long have you been married? How old are your children?

Wow Ellie that is great have fun and thank your lucky stars for your great wife everyday. Connie

What a great way to start the New Year -- congratulations. I would say that you married a girl that is "one in a million", but the actual number might be higher!
    I am what I am and also what I am not!

hi all, just putting the record stright, we have been marrid for over 25 years have two kids 20 and 21 and i am 60 years old. As for how she new she puts it down to intuition. Today we talked for over three hours and things are wonderful all the dark cloud that has hung lurking has totaly gone. Ellie

Sounds like a wonderful outcome on the surface, ellie, but it also begs the question...If your wife has allegedly known (or suspected) all these years that you were secretly a crossdresser, why didn't she broach the subject with you at some point to clear the air? I mean, if she is so open-minded and supposedly had an inkling all along, it seems like a "no brainer" to me that she would have taken the initiative long ago to set your mind at ease that she was actually O.K. with all of this.

Most "normal" women would not enthusiastically embrace a partner's crossdressing the way you claim you wife did. Might I suggest that you now prepare yourself for the possibility of the second shoe dropping at some point, and that she may well confess in due course that she is either a closet lesbian or bisexual and that she had been too intimidated to reveal that before you yourself came clean. One revelation usually leads to another once all the cards are on the table...

hi leslie, don't think this did not cross my mind. evan before my coming outand and in our long talks she has expressed a intrest in other woman but not in a sexual way. I think that me being Ellie lets her fantasies come out which can only be a good thing. I love the lady to bits and i know she feels the same about me and the reason she did not out me before she said that when i was ready to be ellie the time would be right, so now we have a three way marrige i am her husband best friand and as always her solemate. Hope this anwers any questions. Ellie

Silver Member
    Hi, you lucky lady! You apparently joined this forum after your reveal, so I'm guessing you lurked here before that. I'm curious .. did the forum convince you to come out to your wife? If not, what did?