Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I've got more questions!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I've got more questions!

Hi y'all!

So like I've said before I'm relatively new to CDing (having a great time, btw), but I've noticed a few things while doing it. It's really strange, but while I'm in girl mode I completely feel and act like a different person while doing it! It's like, even though it's been a few times, it gets more powerful, like she's taking over me. I've been told that I act differently and move differently, but I'm also thinking about stuff I wouldn't normally think about and liking things I wouldn't normally like, but it's only happening when I'm CDing. And what's more, this behaviour comes natural to me! It's feels like there's a completely different person inside me and she just wants to come out and it gets more powerful every time I dress up. Now I like to consider myself a rational person that adheres to a strict policy of objectivity and sound philosophy, so in a way, I'm asking questions about why this is happening to me. I hope it's not a form of Gender Dysphoria because I believe I'm completely normal, and I believe it's healthy to ask a lot of questions! But the sensation of someone else taking over me just seems completely crazy, but that's how I feel when I dress up. Now I will say that I have no idea what I'm talking about so correct me if I go astray, but isn't our understanding of how our mind works completely in its infancy? I think it's understood that we know more about the cosmos than what's going on inside our heads, so for me, it's a daunting task to figure out what's going on! So my question is: is CDing just the occasional hobby or is there something more meaningful and deeper going on?

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    I know EXACTLY what you mean. You will find your experience common with many members here. Yes for you I think there is more going on than crossdressing a hobby but just embrace it and see where it goes. I don't like the term gender dysphoria myself because it suggests a problem and I see my own symptons as nothing but positive. I relieve the 'dysphoria' by embracing my inner woman and allowing here to take over, thus becoming the person I actually am rather than the one I used to pretend to be. That for me is the new 'normal'. It can be for you too. Normal people evolve all the time as we age, your just seeing a big shift over a short time at the moment that is all. Wecome to the 'better than normal' club, I think you will like where it leads.

Daisy x

My take on this internal dialog is that we think we have to be this way to that, but this is an effect of social mythology. We actually can just express ourselves exactly as we want, and not try to fit any preconceived notions of clothing or internal feelings. It worked much better for me to just let myself be. Then it was like- oh- the problem was actually trying to conform. Then I saw clearly that none of us are actually simple- but for some the compliance with stereotypes is more comfortable. But those of us who aren't don't actually cause them any problems, so we can just be the diversity of humanity freely.
    We are all beautiful...!

Barring actual mental illness, it's more likely that there aren't two personalities inside you. Most commonly it's a case of a person has so compartmentalized their gender experience that they allow one expression of it to do things they don't allow the other to do. So the thing to ask yourself is "why can't he do what she does?" Assuming you find her behavior pleasant, why aren't you allowing him to do it too, so that you're doing the pleasant thing no matter how you're presenting?

Don't be alarmed. It's a growth opportunity.

Edit: regarding dysphoria -- dysphoria is a debilitating level of unhappiness. It can be relative to how you perceive yourself or it can be a result of how you feel you are treated by family or society when you are being yourself. Transgender people are not naturally dysphoric -- you can be transgender and happy. What you've described so far is just discontent or a desire to understand yourself. Nothing wrong with that.
    Last edited by Pat; 01-12-2018 at 12:36 PM. Reason: spelling
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

hi alenko,
    the term pink fog is used relatively frequent here, you either have a really bad case of it or your in for way more of a ride than when i welcomed you here.

in your intro you said you always knew but never acted on, now you have opened a flood gate of femininity and its rushing in. you may have some stronger feelings than you thought.

if things get too overwhelming you may want to seek some professional advice to help you navigate thru this, just bee honest with yourself.

ive always accepted that i would be a different person today if i was honest and accepted myself for who i am,
    this is who i think i may have become if i was in my twenties today:
    https://www.instagram.com/mia_nowlan/

i share the feeling of being different while dressed as its not an act, movements, not hiding who i am....
    Last edited by mykell; 01-12-2018 at 01:11 PM.
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

There are a lot of members here who address/consider them femme selves as a different person. I can’t say that I’m one of those people but it certainly doesn’t seem abnormal.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    The first few times I went out alone, dressed and masked as Sherry. (Which is who I am as Sherry.) Were frightening and empowering for me! The feelings of power and excitement that swept thru me were both confusing and exciting!

Fortunately, in the many years since then, they have not returned. Even tho I have been out as Sherry countless times since then!

If your feelings r like mine were, they will pass in time. As u come to terms with and get used to your fem self, Alenko!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I don't know if it's a concept of "different person" or the fact that your original name was not chosen by you, but by your parents before you were even born. I tend to view my name as the name I chose (not to be mysterious) but just a comfortable name for me. When I dress, I am way more at peace with everything because I don't have to pretend to be something I'm not !

Hugs,
    Diane

When I dress I never feel like a different person. I just feel so natural and comfortable and go with the flow. I certainly feel very feminine and excited but never confused I know who I am and what this is all about.

I think you are looking for an answer to why do we crossdress. I believe I have two personalities. One male , one female , and one body. The male is dominant, but the female is always there. I guess that I dress because I am being me.

-whispers- You've been possessed by a female spirit. It's okay, just roll with it ...
    "You are who you are, that's all right with me,
    But I am who I am, that's all I can be."
    -Trace Atkins, "Rough and Ready"
    ===========================================
    Just call me Kaylie

Quote Originally Posted by Kayliedaskope View Post
    -whispers- You've been possessed by a female spirit. It's okay, just roll with it ...
    It sure feels like it sometimes when you put it like that...

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenko View Post
    So my question is: is CDing just the occasional hobby or is there something more meaningful and deeper going on?
    My crossdressing fits into the hobby category, however crossdressing in general is too diverse to be pigeonholed in one category or other
    Last edited by Princess Chantal; 01-12-2018 at 01:43 PM.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I don't know if you are well or not, a Canadian who greets us with "Hi y'all!" may be a sign of something serious because I didn't think southern Canada went that far south.

Moving differently may be a response to the shoes or wearing a skirt or having to brush long hair away from your face when that's never been a problem before. Sometimes it's a very normal mechanical response to the new way you are presenting yourself. It may stick around or go away. Thinking of things you haven't thought of before would be natural as well, a door has opened into a new world and considering only the fashion differences between how men and women experience the world, you have to think of new stuff if you are going to be around others who you want to accept you. You are getting feedback from others, and that is a good thing. Their input will be changing your focus as well, so again it sounds normal. As for liking things that you'd never considered before, I'm not sure what you are referring to there either, but it sounds like you've been put in a new social environment and the perspective you bring is different now. I'd like to know what sorts of things you like now that you didn't like before.

As for finding joy in exploring your feminine aspects and interests goes, I see nothing wrong there. This can be a full immersion experience and if you let it develop naturally, you just may be finding new perspectives and interests as you grow. Pat is correct in saying Dysphoria is a negative thing, so it seems you are experiencing the Euphoria side of things. Watch closely in the coming months to see how you are responding to limitations being placed on your dressing. How you respond may tell you how deep this well might be. Move at your own chosen speed and when things stop being fun, step back and think about things a little before moving ahead.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

I agree with the idea that we hide our fem side away when not fem and that may account why we act differently when dressed besides the difference in the clothing. As far as being two different people, as for myself. I feel I am the same person no matter how I'm dressed and try to act the same. However when I write about my experiences I use Nikki as my female persona so that it is clear that I'm fully dressed and not in drab or androgynous mode.
    As far as desires go. Once you try it, it hard to stop. I always thought I'd stop at just lingerie at home, then dressing a bit, then maybe one time out. Now I try to spend one day a week out and about as Nikki and I'm already wishing I could spend more time out and about.

Banned Read only
    Alenko,
    First of all you are still quite young so there is so much going on. It may be too early to think about GD but if you feel it is a problem maybe find a counsellor to talk it over. The point is not to be afraid of the labels , they don't change your life it's the fact you know what makes you tick so you can then start to deal with it. My first counsellor tried to cure me of living with assumptions , so you do need to talk offload some of it .

The more you dress the more it comes into balance , at least you don't have to worry about the restrictions of DADT I find going out socially and meeting other CDers does bring CDing into balance , choosing the right outfit for the right occasion .

Some of us are born that way , our wiring is different so eventually you have to learn to live with it ,OK to some it is a hobby but not to me , hobbies don't give the problems many of us have been through .

I agree another person does emerge, eventually you have to try and bring the two sides together , I prefer my femme side and have now accepted that I will soon be going full time .

Alenko,

I've often considered that I have an alter ego, a different personality contained within me. However as others have said perhaps it's more likely that what's happened in our lives is we've suppressed those femme elements and it's only once we don female clothes that that part of us comes to the fore.

Dressing is often described as a liberating experience and possibly that's what happens. That part of us that's suppressed by social norms finds an outlet. I to will admit to feeling different once I'm dressed in a skirt or dress. The more attributes of femininity I add, forms, wig, heels, the greater the sense of release but at the same time I move towards a position of normality. This is who I am. What I've learned to do is simply accept it. I like being in that place. I don't fret it, I just accept and embrace it and that would be my advice to you. Don't over think it. It's just you being you. Enjoy it for what it is.

If you read the posts about those of us who get to venture out into the wider world you'll see that there is so much to enjoy and revel in. You're not strange or odd, just you. Just feel the force.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

As science advances we discover new and important things about human behavior. For instance, the idea behind more than 2 genders, that gender is more complex, has really not been discussed and studied in the main stream until recently. Even with that, we know very little about what factors play a role in the process of creating ones gender identity. Hell, I'm a typical guy, working in a field that is 99% alpha male workforce. I come home dirty as hell, sore from work, and yet I really enjoy the little bit of Victoria time I get. I enjoy my work, and I enjoy being a man as well. That seems nuts to alot of people in society, but with these continued discussions and scientific research I hope that one day, in the near future, society as a whole will realize that we ain't crazy, we just like things a bit different.

Many of the things you have mentioned have happened to nearly all on here at one time or another. It's really hard to control the feelings, emotional thoughts and the dressing sometimes. I think we all have different levels of intensities though. For some it is deeper than for others for sure. Each of us seem to have different depths of dressing and degrees of dressing. You will find your level by experimenting. Caution this side can be costly and cause family issues, and for some even very serious conditions.

Welcome to the club.
    Dysphoria is when you hate your male body - That hasn't happened to me, I like my male body.
    I like to build my muscles and my girl side likes cardio workouts and swimming,
    When my girl side takes over - my Alpha drops back in to the back seat, just there for the ride and ready to take over if required.
    My girl side love chic flicks, boy side likes sci-fi.
    girl side loves shopping, boy side dislikes shopping and thinks it's a waste of time.

When I was young, it was suggested we developed multiple personalities as a copping system to major / stressful events in our lives.
    I don't know if anything like that happened to me before I started Cd'ing at the age of 4, but I really enjoy having 2 personalities.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Quote Originally Posted by Alenko View Post
    Hi y'all!

isn't our understanding of how our mind works completely in its infancy? I think it's understood that we know more about the cosmos than what's going on inside our heads, so for me, it's a daunting task to figure out what's going on! So my question is: is CDing just the occasional hobby or is there something more meaningful and deeper going on?
    I don't believe the study of the mind is in it's infancy. I think your self analysis is in it's infancy.

CDing is a hobby for some and much more for others. If you act and move differently while en femme you probably feel there's an inner woman that's surfacing. And if you feel this way, it doesn't sound like a hobby.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

It's more serious than a "hobby"..........

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Perhaps for you Diane, however not for me and some others

What you are experiencing sounds pretty normal for someone who has just entered this countryside in an active way. Most of us who are trans have probably experienced something like this. Pure CD's don't appear to be prone to this problem as their identity remains the same, but just has different ways of expressing that identity.

Keep in mind, you may have two identities - a masculine one and a feminine one. A gender therapist I know has a theory that when first coming out and expressing the alternate identity to the dominant one that tends to be more consistent with expectations for our genetic sex, our brain tends to separate the two and let each one be what it is with all the elements the identity contains. According to her (and she is transexual with a degree and license in therapy) the brain sort of needs to separate the identities to see how each one works. But that separation creates a lot of stress and to alleviate that the brain begins to fit the pieces together and form a single identity composed of various pieces and parts of the two identities. She calls it merging. There is no telling how long the merging takes and it is probably never completed.

I have felt that in myself and it took about 4 months of really weird living and thinking before the merge began to happen. But once it does start to happen, we are often more comfortable with ourselves - not necessarily comfortable, but more comfortable. And the degree of merging is patterned around a combination of the intensity of the identity split and the circumstances of our lives. In most the merge, according to her, reaches a point where you don't notice any split and the girl side and boy side work together in a collaborative fashion rather than a competitive fashion. Think of it as adapting by finding a new combination that takes a bit of a duality and blends them into a single identity that suits most everything using a creative assemblage that tries to combine the better or best of each to reduce stress. The brain hates stress which is why it is such a good problem solver. It takes time. However, if it becomes way too difficult to deal with and is having a serious impact on your functioning, then seek out professional help and preferably a therapist with a lot of experience in successfully helping those who are struggling with identity. Few will try curing you; many will help you to get more comfortable and accepting of this new mode of living.

Aspiring Member
    Alenko,
    So many good thoughts have been expressed in response to the OP. We humans are way more diverse than once believed (i.e. we are predominantly male or female), but the wall of traditional gender expressions are coming down .

Today I am free to be me, a transgender near-female, and have overcome some self-doubt and shame, but I am a work-in-progress discovering my feminine identity. I have turned a corner and enjoy where I am today.

Don't dwell too much on labels, etc. and just be you and be happy!