Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Observation from wearing makeup in guy mode. What does it mean?

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    And they don't automatically smile at men...
    Drab or drag, the vast majority of GG's I make eye contact will smile or at least return a smile.

What's the big deal? Guys have been wearing makeup for a long time!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I wonder if the presence of eyeliner serves as something that attracts people to look you in the eye.

Without eyeliner it's probably normal to not have anything specific for a stranger to focus on and the gaze just moves on. However, the presence of eyeliner is unusual and can serve as something to catch the eye, almost forcing eye contact. Once that eye contact has been made the most normal response is to smile, either in appreciation or to show there isn't any kind of threat.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Thank you for sharing your comments and experiences.

Totally agree that some will just put me in the “weird” category. Also to address Tracii’s comment, I’m shy in terms of actually interacting with someone. What a passing stranger thinks of me, I really couldn’t care less. Why I do it? I just feel I look so much better with it and I’m getting more and more used to how I look with makeup on. To echo Diane’s comment “Why shouldn’t guys be able to wear makeup?”

Everyone is different and I know that a smile can mean different things coming from a different person. It’s interesting to see it coming from other’s perspective, definitely keeping an open mind about things

Silver Member
    I occasionally wear the barest hint of makeup in male mode: eye lining pencil, skin-color-matched eye shadow, a light dusting of blush, and light lipstick (blotted). I've gotten smiles and I smile back.