Thread: Sick.... yet presenting.

Sick.... yet presenting.

Ugh, I think I'm getting a idea what every woman goes through. I feel like crap, don't really want to do my makeup. Yet I made myself do it. I've all but stopped presenting as my male self, that is for family with the effort to transition them slower.

So this morning, I found myself pushing through. Feeling the pressure to "put my face on" regardless how I'm feeling.

*hope this fits in this category, if not please move*
    Joan Meredith,
    Slow to live the dream
    I'll get there when I get there

Time for a hot toddy for your body. Please note...that is "toddy" not "teddy."

I guess makeup is one of the things where GGs can go out without it and just look more natural, but we just have to use it if we want to present our self as a women. I know I have to use a lot of makeup to even cover my facial hair and hide a little my hard manly facial features and even than don't pass that well.

Quote Originally Posted by Karmen View Post
    I guess makeup is one of the things where GGs can go out without it and just look more natural, but we just have to use it if we want to present our self as a women.
    I think it depends a lot on the individual and where your head is at in that moment. For the longest time I wouldn't leave the house without makeup on. I think it was because I didn't really see Myself in the mirror unless I did. Over time, I changed my headspace so I was seeing Me no matter what. Then I started going out without makeup and only put it on if I want to make an especially good impression. So maybe over time, Joan, you'll be able to be your authentic self even when you're sick as a dog. (Something to look forward to. )
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

I have patches like this, fortunately I only need minimum makeup.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Joan, I hope you feel better.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Since it often takes me hours to prep for a session? I'm so happy to be a CD when I read the of the difficulties and travails TS's go thru on a daily basis, Joan!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Unless my wife wakes up sick even then she doesn't wear makeup daily. I keep thinking maybe sometimes if we were expected to makeup every day if it would get old. I don't think I would but then again I don't have to get made up daily. Especially when I'm sickly...

It sucks not to feel well and even fun things seem to much effort. Feel better soon.
    I'm content being a once in a while girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Laura912 View Post
    Time for a hot toddy for your body. Please note...that is "toddy" not "teddy."
    Hey, it COULD be "teddy" - I hear retail therapy works wonders when you're feeling down.
    "You are who you are, that's all right with me,
    But I am who I am, that's all I can be."
    -Trace Atkins, "Rough and Ready"
    ===========================================
    Just call me Kaylie

Your tenacity is admirable Joan.Meredith... keep up the good work and feel better soon!

Thank you all for the well wishes.

I'm doing better now, I've taken this time as a lesson to learn how to do minimal makeup and be a content girl. I'm able to shave close enough with my razor that the stubble isn't that bad after lunch without foundation.

So again, thanks for the encouragement.
    Joan Meredith,
    Slow to live the dream
    I'll get there when I get there