Thread: 3 down, one to go

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake

3 down, one to go

I told my adult children that I am transgender quite a while ago. Since that time I've had the chance to visit with some of them while I was presenting as Sarah. So this last weekend I gave my oldest son his first chance to see me and it worked out well. While I don't really know what he was expecting, he was pleased I don't go for the drag queen look. He smiled a lot and told me I looked like a totally different person. I told him, I feel like a totally different person. I wasn't dressed in anything fancy, a rust colored knit top and matching skirt and jacket, but he thought it was "sophisticated". I'll take that to the bank, thank you very much.

The last of the kids will probably take it the easiest and will be more likely to make a funny comment. Next step will be the grandkids. With the foundation of family in place I can start to plan on how I break it to the oldest friends, but I have time, not a time schedule.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Sarah, so glad it worked out so well and hope the next one does also! The grand kids as well! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Awesome! Congratulations. Getting your family behind you puts you in a great position to relax and just lean into being who you are. After all, the rest of the world just has to take it -- they don't get a vote.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Sarah,

Glad to hear that things with you are your family are progressing well. Best wishes to you and all of your family. Hoping that your friends accept you as well as your family appears to have.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Sarah I'm glad everything is proceeding as smooth as it can. Good luck with the rest of the plans, I bet they'll all go good also. The one I would dread the most would be my Grandsons.
    I like the fact you have time and not a schedule but it might get around before you do.

Probably the best way to go one at a time and slowly.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Sounds like it's going well, Sarah! Congrats!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Sarah,
    So glad it's going well for you .

There is a big difference between the family knowing you dress and seeing you dressed , to me I'm not 100% out to mine they all know , in fact I've been very surprised how many members of the family my wife has told , but they've not seen me . In some respects it's made it easier to tell them because of our separation .

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Way to go Sarah. Awesome. Congratulations. Now, onward and upward, the future is bright.

Sarah, I'm glad that your reveal went well. I hope that your last reveal goes well.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Platinum Member
    That’s wonderful, Sarah! Does it feel as though you are claiming a bit more ownership of your life with each step?
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    That’s wonderful, Sarah! Does it feel as though you are claiming a bit more ownership of your life with each step?
    It does.

However I am questioning his response today. It has been a long holiday weekend, so he and his daughters all did their own sleepovers, the girls with cousins on their Mom's side of the family and he has been with his latest girlfriend. So I haven't seen him since the reveal and I'm wondering if I've made my life "too real" for him and he's avoiding me now or if it's just him taking advantage of the chance to spend a lot of time with his love interest.

I'm not concerned in either case. He now fully realizes he is going to be in a house where Sarah will be found and is okay with it, or he is uncomfortable and wishes to avoid me; regardless the situation is now his to deal with. If he intends to stay away as much as possible, he will find me explaining that his daughters are HIS and not mine. They need to be with their dad more than with me. If he can't make that work, their mother would love to have them back with her and I can help with that process as well.

I'll be waiting to see which way he turns, but either way, I feel fine and I'm regaining some of the comfort and confidence I had before I invited him and the girls to move in for a short stay. The wheels are turning once again, rust is falling off the gears, let's see what happens next.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.