Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HRT frustrated

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar

HRT frustrated

So I had it all planned and was set to meet for my first appointment and begin the HRT process.
    My appointment was at a doctor about 25 miles from my house. Well wouldn’t you know it tomorrow they are expecting to have ice on the roads. Well in the North maybe not an issue but in Texas you dont want
    to drive somewhere that is on many freeways and such so I made the decision to reschedule my appointment. Ugg, so I call and the next one I could get as a new patient won’t be till Feb 20th.
    Needless to say a very frustrating day for me. I’m just venting a bit so thanks for listening
    Rachael

Oh gosh. So sorry to hear it, Rachael. You have my total sympathy. I know when you've girded up to make the journey a delay getting started is very frustrating. But it's a long-haul therapy so a month's delay will be lost over the course of years of treatment.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I hate driving on slick roads with people who are foolishly brave, terribly frightened or totally ignorant. You are all too likely to run (literally) into all three types. So Yes, pick your battles and live to fight another day.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Rachael
    It is best for you to redo your appointment.
    You might be great at driving on icy roads but the people that you encounter might not be.
    Just be on the safe side. and just think before you know it the 20th will be here.
    and if your like me where did the time go??

Leann
    ps I love a nice snow covered road just to see the stupid ones in the ditch
    If you can't laugh and have fun you might as well go home.

Feb 20th sounds like the perfect date to start! Best wishes

Rian x

Rachael,

Sorry to hear about the bad weather affecting your doctor's appointment.

I feel you made the right decision to reschedule and be safe. Driving on icy roads with other drivers who are not used to these conditions can be very dangerous.

I remember how excited I was when I scheduled my medical appointment to schedule HRT, so I do understand your frustration.

Take Care,
    Grace

It was the right call, Rachel. The HRT path is a long one, and before you get very far, I'm betting that this delay of a few weeks will seem tiny in the rear view mirror.

as long as you do start, soon enough the wait fades into not even memory
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

So sorry you have to wait, but you’ll be fine. In my case I was not pressing anyone to get HRT, it was presented to me as an option. So I guess I was not as anxious as most are, longing for relief and wanting to proceed with life.
    I too have a beautiful snowy morning, less than an inch of snow, but drivers who are not familiar driving on it, spinning out on our roads. Stay home and save your health and your car any damage.

1779B529-A625-4E5D-BBFB-CC2B19A4B3B4.jpg
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

Reality Check
    As a northerner ("Yankee") transplanted to the south, I am frustrated with people's horror when it snows an inch or so. Schools are closed, businesses are closed and the TV stations suspend regular programing to report on "treacherous" road conditions. Fortunately, being retired, I don't have to go anywhere and I don't lose any income from missing work.

You have to make a judgement call, not only on your ability to drive, but on everyone else's ability also. And the place (doctor's office) you plan to go to may be closed anyway.
    Krisi

This is why I love this place all you ladies are so positive and while it appears the road conditions this morning did not turn
    out as predicted I now just have to wait it out. I know what a big step this is so maybe it gives me more time to really
    understand what this change will mean for me. I did not expect to be here going in this direction a year ago so a few more
    weeks will be nothing. I need to slow down and continue to work on being me.
    If I recall years ago when one wanted to transition you had to live one year as the gender of your choice before you could
    even start hormones so I guess my 6 more weeks is nothing
    Thanks ladies

This may be too late but if the roads are reasonable now, can they still see you? Would imagine they had other cancellations.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    As a northerner ("Yankee") transplanted to the south, I am frustrated with people's horror when it snows an inch or so. Schools are closed, businesses are closed and the TV stations suspend regular programing to report on "treacherous" road conditions. Fortunately, being retired, I don't have to go anywhere and I don't lose any income from missing work.

You have to make a judgement call, not only on your ability to drive, but on everyone else's ability also. And the place (doctor's office) you plan to go to may be closed anyway.
    I have lived in SE Texas since Truman was president. I have never witnessed any "horror" as a result of frozen precipitation. I have, on many occasions, witnessed arrogance from people who come here from a place where the weather is different. It's simple, when roads ice over, close them. If that seems odd, it's called common sense. It is not cost effective for public entities around here to invest in equipment and resources to make them safe. So, to take care of people, close everything. It is no big deal. It will only last a day or two.

Rachael's decision was a good one. I had to go to Walmart this morning. When I came out ice encapsulated my car. While sleet was bouncing off my car into my face, I was jerking on the car door trying to get it open without breaking a nail. I live several hundred miles south of Rachael.

Now, that being said, I confess that I did experience tremendous angst as I witnessed over 60 inches of rain fall in four days during Hurricane Harvey and come within 1/2 " of coming into my house. Facing south, out of my front door, the next land mass was Cancun, Mexico. I was one of the lucky ones. In the town I was looking toward, every one of the over ten thousand homes were flooded. Many got plucked off their roof in the middle of the night by a helicopter. Talk about horror, even for someone who might have been transplanted from a place where the weather is different.
    Last edited by Jeri Ann; 01-16-2018 at 07:55 PM.

Update

Good news the Dr office called today to let me know of a cancellation.
    So I now have an appointment for next Wednesday the 24th. Now let’s hope the weather holds
    up this time.
    Let the next step in the journey begin

Wonderful news!! Rian x

Alright! Looks like the forecast thru next week is good for our part of the country. Stay calm and get ready for a wonderful ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachael Leigh View Post
    Good news the Dr office called today to let me know of a cancellation.
    So I now have an appointment for next Wednesday the 24th. Now let’s hope the weather holds
    up this time.
    Let the next step in the journey begin
    Wednesdays are injection days for me. Listen, how 'bout I just drive up there and take you to the doctor? It is only a four hour drive. Just sayin'. Kind of a tranny transport. Lol

Jeri I would love that, we could do lunch after but I actually have to be at work by 2:30.
    Your awesome to offer my friend

So you had great weather for the appointment today..... how did it go?

Well? Give us the scoop.

All went well they put me on two meds, spiro and estrogen gel
    The office folks and doctor were all great treating me very warmly and nice
    I’ve decided since I’m heading out on vacation that I’m will start taking them when I get back from my trip
    Thanks ladies for all your support
    Rachael

Banned Read only
    Go for it Gal I am not sorry I did. It completes your all around perspective of being close to a real Lady, yes I said Lady as I feel I am.

Rachael,

Happy to hear that things went well for you at the doctor. Is there a reason you went for the gel over injections, pills, or patches?

Take Care,
    Grace

As far as the gel the doctor said the cream was not covered on my prescription plan.
    He said the gel is also better on the liver. He said I may go to oral later

I started out on the gel and was very satisfied with it. I only switched to patches because the insurance company refused to cover the cost of the gel. In terms of protecting your liver, gel or patches should be about the same. It's the oral meds that put a strain on the liver, as I understand it.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.