Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Women don't wear that any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    So among other things, I don't wear wedding dresses, tutus and hooker heels.
    Well, not all at the same time, of course!

But I agree, you dress appropriately for your needs and the venue. Shopping at the mall? Jeans, boots, and a nice top. Going to the club? Something pretty and stylish, maybe a little sexy. Going to an "adult' event or fetish club? Then you wear whatever floats your boat: leather, rubber, latex, or whatever tickles your fancy.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Aspiring Member
    "Women don't wear that anymore" is only important when you need to blend in.... I don't blend in. Besides life is more fun when you aren't normal.

I often buy new clothes, so I usually buy what women are wearing this season or were wearing last year. And it's good to wear what women are wearing also due to blending in when going out.

Aspiring Member
    In Scotland lots of women wear skirts and dresses and wear sheer or opaque tights with them. They also wear heels. I own things like stockings and suspenders and corsets but I never wear them. I wear the sort of clothes any well-dressed woman would wear to 'go out' even if I am staying in, and the only item of clothing I am wearing that is not exactly like my female counterpart would wear is a slip. I even wear one with lined skirts and dresses and lots of even expensive skirts and dresses are not lined. I would quite like a bullet bra but just for fun - I would never go out in it. I have a real fur short coat I bought second hand for £10. It looks really nice on me but I would never wear it in public because of possible hostility from the anti-fur brigade and it would come into the category of clothes women do not wear any more. I go further than most women in ALWAYS wearing a necklace/pendant, earrings and bangles on both wrists, and being in heels, skirts and dresses more than most women, and having co-ordinated (but not actually matching) shoes gloves and bag when I go out, but there are still women who do this - I just do it more than they do. I know one woman who only wears trousers if she has to do physical work that requires them so such women still exist - she is possibly the only person I know who might spend more time in skirts than me.

Quote Originally Posted by suzanne View Post
    The things I wear are those that come from retail dress shops. So it's current and I do wear what women wear. But I don't follow fashion per se. From a store's fashion approved stock, I only buy what I like and it works with my body and personal style. Style is forever, fashion lasts until next week.
    That pretty much sums up my thoughts as well Suzanne.

One notable exception is nylon stockings. Rarely worn in this day and age, and not easily found in stores, but I still wear them.

Karen

Aspiring Member
    Different articles of clothing may or may not be popular now but if you look on the internet most everything is probably there. Corsets, girdles, bullet bras, stockings and garter belts, extreme heels, etc. It is all there if you look. I like most of it too! Sherrii

Many studies of the phenomenon of cross dressing raise the issue of the strong thread of fetishism that underlies it. For me my choice of clothing is very much influenced by the styles I knew when I first began to dress and found it to be so exciting and sexually arousing. That still applies today.

Call me a cab...ernet!
    I agree with others. I wear what I love wearing, no matter what the current fashion is.

I’m a modern person, not an anachronism so you won’t find me in hoop skirts and bloomers that’s for sure.

I wear what I want to wear, I don't worry about what is in fashion because if you watch the models on the runways, trying to sell you on what they think is the next big thing, I would never wear any of it. I am my own unique person and as such I have my own unique style
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

I haven't worn pantyhose or stockings in many years, but I'm thinking about it after some recent pics I've seen on here! Hate to admit it, but I'm pretty much over skirts and dresses. I still wear them, just because it seems like the thing to do. Not sure how long even that will last. Leggings, capri-length leggings, capris, shorts, and jeans are my usual. So, yea, pretty much what other women are wearing.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayshave View Post
    Admittedly, I like to dress in manner that women did when I was a child. It's the imprint in my mind how women dress.
    I'm in this category. I am a child of the 1950's and 1960's. Comments I've seen thrown around, including this site of occasion include:

Dresses
    Slips
    Foundation Garments
    Stockings

Where and when I was growing up women did not wear pants. Pants were a rarity even for young school girls. Against the freezing cold of New York school girls walked off to school wearing snow pants under their dresses which were removed at school. Females of any age wore dresses to church. Of course, guys wore suits or sport coats with shirt and tie and shined shoes. My mind set is 'dresses only.' Perhaps it is attributable to watching too much "Leave It to Beaver" (June Cleaver) or "Ozzie & Harriet" (Harriet Nelson).

Of course, then it flows from the dresses to slips. "Women don't wear slips anymore!" If you don't wear a dress, then you don't need a slip. Duh! Yes, even if I wear a fully lined dress, I will wear a pretty slip. Not a drab slip, a plain current slip, but, a lacy pretty slip. As late as the 1980's I bought colorful slips in seasonal colors. Reds at Christmas and Valentine's Day, along with pinks. Pastels in the spring. Darker colors (purples, greens, browns) in the fall. Many were sold in color coordinated sets; slip, bra and panty. Now you're lucky if you can find a Vanity Fair slip in a retail store. Yes, slips are still for sale at retail, but, usually on line.

Before pantyhose there were stockings which of course had to be held up with a girdle or garter belt. Neither is widely available at brick and mortar retail. With the obesity epidemic you'd think there would be more at retail rather than hidden in on-line sellers. It may be true younger women do not wear stockings or pantyhose. My granddaughter has youthful skin. No blemishes. No spider veins. If you're aging you're really going to need hosiery to cover up those legs. And, if you're skin tone is ashen/pale legs will look better with hosiery. Personal opinion.

I have plenty of current style dresses. It's underneath that reflects my youthful interest in women.

[QUOTE=susan54;4198171...I would quite like a bullet bra but just for fun - I would never go out in it.[/QUOTE]

I just received a couple of bras I ordered from Hanes - one of them is close to a bullet bra: https://www.onehanesplace.com/shop/o...rwire-bra-4657 - the one on the model shows that it has a mesh insert along the top edge of the cup, but in reality the mesh is almost the same density as the rest of the cup - I was expecting it to be more translucent. And I didn't pay anywhere close to that retail price: they were on sale for $14.99 USD with free shipping! But, the cups do come close to a point at the apex and they are really comfortable.
    Ambigendrous
    Wealth should not be measured by how much you have, but by how little you need - anon

I would quite like a bullet bra but just for fun

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. As CD's, especially when we first start accepting this and buying things, we tend to buy to try. A lot of us own, or did own, a pair of pleasers 6" dancer pumps. Very few GG's would ever buy a pair, be able to walk in a pair, nor would they wear them out so that would make them a un sensible purchase all around but we still bought them because we wanted to see what they felt like to wear.

I have bought a ton of things I have never, ever seen a GG wear, I tried them on once and into the garbage they went. waste of money? surly but I can say I tried them
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!