Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do Any Celebrities Influence Your Dressing Style?

Do Any Celebrities Influence Your Dressing Style?

For me it would be Farrah Moan, she too is a cross dresser and was on the last season of RuPaul, but I knew her waaaay before that as a model. I think her style is gorgeous, I don't try to mimic her, although I do take a lot of my inspiration in hair, makeup and clothes from her.

IMG_3166.jpg
    You're perfect, you're beautiful, you look like Linda Evangelista
    You're a model. Everything about you is perfect

Aspiring Member
    Hi Chanel,

I've been enjoying watching Courtney Act on CBB over the last few weeks for all sorts of reasons including her style.

I find I have an interest in most 'celebrity' women either on TV or in print and often think about what they are wearing may be something I'd like to try.

I recently took a chance to recreate a Kim K outfit I stumbled apon which was fun however wether I'd ever where it outside the safety of my four walls is another matter

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    No not really.
    Never saw the need to try and pattern myself after anyone else.
    Same in the music scene I see and work with guitar players that always seem to want to emulate or copy another players style.
    So much in fact they dress like the artist and play the same brand guitar like that artist.
    Just be yourself IMO.

Chanel,
    I'm not a fan of "celebrities" so i don't pay a lot of attention to what they wear.
    I aim for a more traditional look.
    However, each to their own. I have to say that you really rock the looks which you have pictured above, so go for it!
    Last edited by Krea; 01-18-2018 at 08:49 AM.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I hate the whole cult of 'celebrity' with a passion, so no. I just observe what 'normal' GGs wear and take my ideas from that.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Reality Check
    "Celebrities" would like to think they influence people in many ways. They do not influence me in any way. In fact, they sometimes influence me in the opposite way they are trying to influence me.

OK, perhaps they can sing or dance. Big deal! They are isolated from the real world. They don't have to wonder where their next meal is coming from, they don't have to work in a factory or office from nine to five. Why should anyone care about their opinions or how they dress?
    Krisi

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Right on point Krisi.

Celebs hardly. but I do see a nice outfit either on the street, in a movie or on tv. I may try and copy it. with few if any exceptions.

Kelsey

Celebrities have never influenced my dressing or makeup style. I'm not enamored with any of them and I have a mind of my own.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Yes. Not into celebrities as such. But, when I see an outfit I like I often copy it. Lately, I'm into female movie heroins!
    I think you'll recognize the characters?

P1160505 (537x640).jpg

P1220204 (1245x1280).jpg

P1220438 (1169x1280).jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Aviatrix in Waiting Melanie Moxon's Avatar
    My dressing style is fairly 'blend in' to help me when I eventually start getting out and about as Melissa so probably not

Aspiring Member
    I am with Krisi on this. Celebrities are too vapid.
    Sara

Hollywood has no effect on anything I do or think. These are people who’s only skill it memorized lines. Living in the LA area you would think they are the most smartest people in earth.

I were what I like and don’t care what other people think.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    "Celebrities" would like to think they influence people in many ways. They do not influence me in any way. In fact, they sometimes influence me in the opposite way they are trying to influence me.

OK, perhaps they can sing or dance. Big deal! They are isolated from the real world. They don't have to wonder where their next meal is coming from, they don't have to work in a factory or office from nine to five. Why should anyone care about their opinions or how they dress?
    This is exactly how I feel. To the T. These people got lucky or knew someone and have absolutely no clue how anyone lives. They get on their high horse like we should listen to them and that is never happening. unfortunately a lot of young people do fall in that mind frame, maybe because they inspire to be where these people are.

We have been seeing how they really are lately and I have said it may of times, how could anyone in their right mind want their kids to aspire to be like these nut jobs? These are role models?!?!?!?!
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    No not really.
    Never saw the need to try and pattern myself after anyone else.
    Same in the music scene I see and work with guitar players that always seem to want to emulate or copy another players style.
    So much in fact they dress like the artist and play the same brand guitar like that artist.
    Just be yourself IMO.
    I played with a couple guitar players who bought foot pedals or even amplifiers that had settings that were supposed to make them sound like various popular and famous guitar players. It didn't work,they sounded the same as they always did but with a different tone. Their money would have been better spent on lessons.
    Krisi

Although I enjoy seeing some celebrity pictures I can't say that any of them really inspired me any more than just looking at women in general. The real "problem" with celebrity pictures is that they aren't reality. Their pictures are either posed or at the least done after the celebrity has made some conscious decisions as to what will look best when they are photographed.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

Nope.
    Jon

Fair enough - I do think that it's very small minded for people to go "all celebrities are this or that" - a majority of celebs will be very intelligent, will have worked hard to get where they are, and are nice people.
    Surely you'd all hate it if you heard somebody saying "all cross dressers are *insult*"
    You're perfect, you're beautiful, you look like Linda Evangelista
    You're a model. Everything about you is perfect

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DIANEF View Post
    I hate the whole cult of 'celebrity' with a passion, so no. I just observe what 'normal' GGs wear and take my ideas from that.
    Yet another example of something I have in common with my fellow Mancunian!

Not that I'm a big fan of hers otherwise... but Jennifer Lopez has always impressed me with the way she dresses. That being said; I've been called superficial, and even downright shallow, on more than one occasion.

Not really. I'm one of those who don't care much about celebrities.

Not me. I like to dress to blend and comfort. Most celebrities dressing is posed for pictures, hoping they’ll be seen in People. I’m sure they take hours and the cost is extravagant.

Not usually. But a couple of years ago Lady Gaga performed at the Super Bowl halftime show

Lady-Gaga-Superbowl-50.jpg

I just couldn't get over her red sparkly eye shadow. I just had to have it.

So, I got one of the makeup artists I often use do it for me.

I'll have to see if I have a picture of the end result

And here I am!

Eyes Open.jpg
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 01-27-2018 at 11:59 PM.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Silver Member
    Doris Day, I loved her clothes in That Touch Of Mink. Elizabeth Taylor in her slips in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof and Butterfield 8. There are a lot of scenes where women have on pretty clothes. Or the clothes give you ideas of what is possible.

Not so much anymore as I've figured out my own style and I'll know what will work and what won't. About 10 years ago when I was so new and starting to figure out femme clothes in general for some reason Kate Moss stood out to me. I would google pics of her and go through getty images editorial of her being papped on nights out and always loved her style. It was always a mix of classy, sophisticated, sexy and cute all in one. I bought some of her pieces from her clothing line at topshop at the time too. Funny enough as much as an influence she was I never bought a blonde wig. kate moss.jpg