Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do u dress for comfort or to look fabulous?

70% comfort, 30% fab. Almost always underneath. Even though my wife disagrees, hose and underwires are comfortable.

Aspiring Member
    I dress to look and feel as feminine as possible.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    Is this really a different question than the thread you already started https://www.crossdressers.com/forums...If-not-why-not ? Or are you checking to see if the answers move when you phrase it the other way around?

Just to stay on topic, I'll note that I dress for comfort but that's because I dress full-time. When I dressed at irregular intervals I dressed what I'd call "flashy" because it was a rare treat and only I'd be seeing it.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Silver Member
    If I am going out in public dressed, I dress to look fabulous. Like you Sherry I like the feel of tight girdles, corsets etc. too.

Actually, a little bit of both, and sometimes both at the same time.

When I'm going out to blend in, I'm usually in jeans an a T-shirt or a knit top, depending on the season, Sometimes, I'll wear a very casual skirt.

But a lot of times, I dress to look fabulous, but not overly sexy. I'll wear a really cute dress, with matching accessories, just looking to get comments on how great I look.

But, honestly, I see hip and butt pads and shapers as a necessary evil. So, sometimes, I'll dispense with all the pads and shapers and just wear cotton panties from a multi-pack. The first time I ever did that, I found it so freeing. I could breathe, I could move around freely, and I could use the bathroom without pulling down layers of underwear, and them pulling them back up and repositioning "everything". Since then I'v done it many more times.

I've noticed that many women, particularly the younger ones, have no hips and butts. And many others way way too much hip and butts.

I alve dress how I want, and sometimes I just want to be "free to be me".
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Silver Member
    comfort at my age I've done the other for years. Now I look like my women friends.

I always try to dress fabulous, but of course appropriately to the occasion.

I dress to look as realistically female as possible, but I am also happy to chuck on something pretty and comfortable if I am alone and not going out.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

These days more often for comfort.

Been there done that with flashy dressing, I stilldress to impress, but I just do it less often now.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by sissythings View Post
    Fabulous over comfort for me. I've dressed comfortably as a guy most of my life and found it to be incredibly boring. It's time for me to get out of my 'comfort' zone. I remember what a GG once said to me, "If I can't wear heels, I can't go"
    Hear hear. I relate to this 100%
    http://www.youtube.com/c/CatchQueen - My YouTube - I post there regularly

When I dress, I fully dress, makeup, dress, heels.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

To dress hot.
    When I dress up I don't like to look like a man in a dress, so I steer away from anything too 'fabulous' - anything bright or sparkly I steer away from.
    Anything simple and sexy, like what a girl would wear on a night out - that's what I'd wear
    You're perfect, you're beautiful, you look like Linda Evangelista
    You're a model. Everything about you is perfect

I dress to be 'one of the fabulous girls."Day to day, I wear a day to day look, but if I've got the chance to present for a night out, I'll go all glam. Pretty much like the gg's out there. Dress for the occasion.

Aspiring Member
    Since I am not trying to pass and blend in and I enjoy the sexy/****ty look and like tight things that is usually what I wear. I do have some loose "comfortable" things too. Sherrii

I'm realistic enough to know that sexy will not work for me. I think that I like to be one of the better dressed ladies but not so far that I'm over dressed for the situation. I also need to be comfortable, no real high heels and to be honest except for certain outfits, ballet flats are my go shoes.

Dressing Fab is definitely fun, but I try to be realistic when I buying dresses and skirts. Also love the comfort feel of women’s clothing like right now sitting around at home in panty bra danskin leggings and a flowery pattern top.

Call me a cab...ernet!
    I don’t dress for comfort, but am somewhat closeted. I think if I was going out regularly I would try to “blend in” more. But my current dressing involves corsets, high heels, garters, and tight dresses!

Aspiring Member
    I don't see comfort and looking fabulous as alternatives. I tend to wear classy clothes from mid-market labels. They look great and are in comfortable fabrics. I don't wear shapewear or padding (other than breast forms) and feel perfectly comfortable. If you get fitted for your bra, wear leather shoes, earrings that clip gently and clothes that fit properly in natural fabrics there is no need to experience any discomfort at all. Even quite high heels can be comfortable if you choose carefully. Wigs can be uncomfortable in hot weather but if I am out in public a wig is obligatory. Upmarket stuff can be bought quite cheaply in sales - often more cheaply than from supermarkets or bargain basement stores like Primark. You just have to get lucky with timing.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I beg to differ with u, Susan. Some of us feel that wearing shapers and hip/butt pads r as "obligatory" as wigs!

Without those I'm simply a MIAD! Nothing fab about that!
    When I'm out, with those on I can at least pass if folks only see me from behind!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

It's good that Susan can dress fabulously AND comfortably. But I agree with Doc - some things are uncomfortable but necessary for many of us.
    I am a session dresser - a few hours of discomfort brings me maximum pleasure. Without a tightly laced corset, I don't have much of a waist. Sensible heels don't do it for me - I'm driven to wear the highest heels. Heavy makeup to cover a man's face. And a wig that I can't wait to put on - and take off. Same with clip-on earrings. Before I transform, putting on head-to-toe everything, I have to set the thermostat lower to avoid being uncomfortably hot and sweaty. The pleasure is worth the pain, or maybe the pleasure IS the pain.
    Comfortable is a t-shirt, shorts, and flip-flops ..... in guy mode.

Much more to 'look fabulous', though I often manage to do that while remaining comfortable!

I go out in public en-femme a lot - several times per week. And my goal is to be seen and accepted as a cisgender female - or at the very least to be accepted and treated the same as any cisgender female would be, whether they clock me or not.

I guess you could say I am virtually always 'dressed', since my attire almost always includes at least 50% female clothing items,and my nails are always done, and earrings worn. My 'male presentation mode' is pretty much what you call 'dressing for comfort'. Panties, women's jeans, women's socks and shoes or women's sandals (footwear generally 1.5" heel or less), unisex t-shirt, nails done with acrylic nails and femme shape and color, pierced stud earrings. Maybe a sports bra under my shirt. But no makeup, perfumes, breast forms, hip pads, gaff/tuck, wig, or clearly femme jewelry (other than the stud earrings).

But when I go for a female presentation, it's all-out and 'fabulous'. As soon as I chose to wear breast forms, the rest has to follow, before I am even comfortable walking out of my bedroom door into the privacy of my home. Wig, breast forms, tucked with a gaff thong, hip pads; bra, panties, skirt or decidedly women's pants, blouse or maybe a women's t-shirt; feminine boots, or heels, or sandals, or sneakers, as appropriate to what I am doing that day; full makeup, though usually an understated, 'natural' look, with mascara but no eye shadow or eye liner; purse, bracelets and maybe a necklace, perfume, and definitely feminine earrings. All of it carefully coordinated and chosen to be appropriate for where I intend to go and what I intend to do. Cisgender women consistently complement me on the way I dress, and the style and look of my outfits, when presenting female, regardless of how casual or dressy I am presenting.

If I am getting my nails done, or shopping, or running errands, I'll wear relatively comfortable outfits similar to what most cisgender women would wear in that situation.

Yesterday, I was en-femme all day. In the morning - while getting my nails done, catching lunch at a mall restaurant, mall shopping, and grocery shopping - that meant a nice blouse, 3/4 length suede skirt, and boots with 3" chunky heels. When I got home, I switched to a women's t-shirt, women's jeans, and sneakers - but kept all the makeup, forms, padding etc. . Made dinner for my daughter and I, and then I added a women's winter coat and we went back to the grocery store together to get some things she wanted.

Contrast that to going to a nightclub or dance, or out to a nice restaurant dinner, where I would likely wear a much nicer blouse and a short skirt, and 3" or higher heels, and more elaborate makeup, with eye shadow and eye liner. Again chosen to reflect what a cisgender woman would wear in that setting. Sometimes very sexy, in a nightclub setting. But to me looking fabulous and looking 'sexy' are two different things. I can look fabulous and still be dressed conservatively enough to be seen at a church bazaar or bake sale, and have no one bat an eye.

My general guideline these days is, "Would I wear that in public, or in that particular setting, if I had been born a cisgender female and lived all my life as a woman?" I can answer 'yes' to that question for 95% of what is in my closet.
    Last edited by Ceera; 01-19-2018 at 02:38 PM.

I dress every day, mostly for comfort. But every once in a while I've just got to look fabulous!

I would say looks since nothing I wear is considered casual!

I dress to blend in and sometimes fabulous.
    Part Time Girl

I dress to look the most feminine I can be - which includes a corset, wig (hair challenged), and all of the accessories, so I am not sure what category that falls into. I admit that wearing a corset and high heels are not the most comfortable at times, just like some of the earrings I have, but it is part of the "package and experience". Many times my twin will wear a wool suit, a tie and leather sole shoes that are not as comfortable as sweats, sneakers, etc. but that is part of that "package". Frankly, I enjoy being dressed so much that I do not usually think about any discomfort and, if I do not look "as good as I can be", then I would not do it.

Maybe I am just as mixed up about this part of my life as I sometimes think I am.
    I am what I am and also what I am not!