Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do u dress for comfort or to look fabulous?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Smile Do u dress for comfort or to look fabulous?

By "comfort" I mean low heels, loose clothing, no shapers or pads, etc.
    Dressing to blend comes to mind.

By "looks" I mean u care about that more than anything!
    And, u will do whatever, wear whatever, is necessary to look exceptional and fem!

I don't dress for comfort. I enjoy the claustrophobic feel of tite underthings, clothes, and discomfort of hi heels, etc.
    My mirror tells me if I'm dressed satisfactorily.

Of course, I'm a CD and dress 4 or 5 times a month. How about u?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Depends on the occasion, my mood, phase of the Moon, etc... :P

But trying to blend in means I don't dress in "club wear" to go to the grocery store and I don't wear old ragged jeans and a t-shirt to the club.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I like to think I am casually and comfortably fabulous, but a second opinion usually drops the fabulous part of that.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Aspiring Member
    I usually dress up. Dresses, heels, makeup, etc... I can be comfortable in drab.
    Sara

Platinum Member
    I readily admit I'm trapped in "Back to the Future" as in the "Leave It To Beaver" June Cleaver look. I suspect my ideal women formed in me based on the time period women's clothing drew my attention. I do not own a single pair of women's pants. The women around me in the 1950's and 1960's did not wear pants. For girls it was frilly party dresses or everyday dresses for school or even playing. As a young teenager (7th-8th grade) I was attracted to the store displays of mannequins adorned in shapewear, bras and girdles or dresses. So my ideal woman of today is one who wears a dress and proper undergarments. I feel no need to wear very restricting clothing because no all women are the "perfect" shape. Heck, watching some Youtube videos of corsets of years gone bye, it's like a torture chamber device. I feel very comfortable in a bra and panty, full slip,dress, and heels and hosiery. Most of my heels are 3 1/2 inches. Sometimes when at the mall and seeing young ladies wearing very high platform heels, I wonder what they are trying to achieve. I really do not know sometimes what exceptional (out of the ordinary?) or fem (feminine?) really means.

The goal is always to look fabulous. I am a bit too big to ever blend in, linebacker in a dress comes to mind. So I tuck and squeeze into anything that will make me feminine.
    [FO

Doc, closet dresser and no way passable. So, I dress for my own entertainment. I am partial to tight fitting undergarments and sexy revealing outer garments. Think short skater skirts tight top, high sheen pantyhose, tennis skirts especially with contrasting piping.

I dress a little of both, I may wear a dress, hose, and heels, but forgo the padding and makeup. Never wear what the average GG wears, thats for sure
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Banned Read only
    Sherry,
    It will be more on a comfort level when I go full time , that doesn't mean I won't make an effort or think through what I choose to wear. I want to look femme even when walking the dog but being practical I need to keep warm and dry as well. Don't run this aspect down it isn't easy doing everyday just because you call it comfort dressing .
    As for looking fabulous well that's very subjective we all have a different idea of that look , but unlike you I do like to look good but still feel comfortable . I love the way women carry that off !

I dress to look fabulous darling
    OMG!! Owning my femininity .... and I LOVE it!

I dress to blend.
    Jon

Gold Member
    I dress mostly for comfort. Like now, I am wearing a fax leather skirt, a plane top, bra and panties,
    and house slippers. Just doing some laundry and some computer time.
    Rader

Silver Member
    At home, I dress mostly for comfort .. some time a little sexy, but not often. The few times I've been out (once with you, Doc), I've dressed and used makeup to blend and present as a woman.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    Comfort, comfort, comfort, to me cami's, panties, pantihose are comfortable. A skirt is definitely more comfortable than pants!
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

I need to dress for chest support and modesty!

Basically, a padded underwired bra everyday.

Aspiring Member
    Mostly I dress as if I were going to work in an office with a fairly conservative dress code or out to a nice restaurant on a special occasion, but often, simply for comfort especially if I have to do some housework that day. In summer, I like summer dresses for comfort and staying cool. Nothing a man can wear in summer can ever beat a nice summer dress for comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillian Gigs View Post
    Comfort, comfort, comfort, to me cami's, panties, pantihose are comfortable. A skirt is definitely more comfortable than pants!
    Thanks Gillian, you summed up exactly what I was going to say.

Hugs
    Ellen Jo
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

Fabulous over comfort for me. I've dressed comfortably as a guy most of my life and found it to be incredibly boring. It's time for me to get out of my 'comfort' zone. I remember what a GG once said to me, "If I can't wear heels, I can't go"

Like others have said. Depends on where I plan on going when dressed. If it is out to eat to a casual place then nice casual cloths. Skirt/top or dress. Out to a higher end place. Maybe a more formal dress/ heels. Out shopping maybe jeans/t-shirt/sandals.

Kelsey

Is this really a different question than the thread you already started https://www.crossdressers.com/forums...If-not-why-not ? Or are you checking to see if the answers move when you phrase it the other way around?

Just to stay on topic, I'll note that I dress for comfort but that's because I dress full-time. When I dressed at irregular intervals I dressed what I'd call "flashy" because it was a rare treat and only I'd be seeing it.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

I dress to look fabulous ...... in my eyes.

Interesting question. I'd say it depends on my mood at the time. Sometimes its as fashionable as I can do it. Sometimes its just whatever is comfortable. Even when its just comfort, breast forms and hip pads are part of the outfit.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

I dress to look as pretty en femme mode...

Bra, forms, top, leggings or nylon stocking with skirt. wig, makeup , earrings , necklace.

also ordered heels to match.

Its probably for looks, But like to feel confortable when dresses
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Well as just about a fulltime girl for me it’s most defiantly for comfort and practicality.
    Especially for work, I work in a very casual environment so I wear a lot of jeans and sweaters right now

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    It's a bit of both for me. Some days I'll pick something a bit glam out of the wardrobe and wear that. On other days I might plan on cleaning the oven, so something a bit more practical is needed. Depends on what mood I'm in usually.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....