Thread: Session#2

Session#2

Had my second counseling session and the counselor immediately brought up "conversion therapy"! She was appalled that people would do such a thing to fellow human beings! (yes, I am trying hard to keep religion out of this!) She praised this forum for warning me to ask her about it at our first meeting! We discussed many things and the time flew by! I have a lot to think about until my next session! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Gold Member
    You might jot down a few notes for yourself on what you wanted to ask.
    I know myself, I tend to forget what I wanted to ask when the time comes.
    Good luck.
    Rader

Good show, girl! Sounds like you are getting a lot of good out of your sessions!

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Discussions r fun but you're paying $$ for help. I think u should do as Rader suggested!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Lana,
    I found writing it all down, my history where I feel at the present time and where I thought I might be in the future , it does help to focus the counsellor. It's a subtle way to put forward your agenda rather than her spending time trying to find out what makes you tick and how to help you with it . Also some of your thoughts are dealt with by their relevance and some of them could prove to be red herrings .

As I mentioned in my PM , it occurred to me that the need to talk to a counsellor was only to validate my CDing , she soon dispelled that thought as she knew from experience that there was more to my CDing than the need to validate it, she was right .

Talking openly to an outsider is a great release , that is why my counsellor urged me to find a social group , again she was right, it's the best thing I ever did . Talking to members on this forum is one thing but to go out and meet others in reality is far better , to meet CDers and their partners and TSs in varying stages of transition is a great leveller , I find it also brings a balance to your own CDing , the outfits and how you look has real meaning . The fear of what others think fades away and builds confidence . Meeting more members of the public becomes less daunting , I can't believe how quickly I became comfortable being dressed in public gaze .

Rader-I am writing down little notes so I cover what is on my mind during the week and I jot down notes after the session to go back and review! I have to make notes or I will forget!
    Sami-Yes it seems like it! She said to wear more feminine tops so I did! Now she asked if I wear necklaces, so I went out and bought a few!
    Doc-I do make notes both before and after each session! My insurance is covering this, that is why I pay for insurance-to use it!
    Teresa-As I said, I write it all down! I lead the discussion and she jumps in there when appropriate! No social group locally-30+ miles away! I am told it is more for gays and lesbians than trans/CD! She did say she hoped I could get to Keystone 2018!
    Thanks for your comments everyone!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

> She said to wear more feminine tops

Hmm, that seems a little odd to me. Was it "...if that's what you want to wear"?

Banned Read only
    Lana,
    Not so my social group, it really is a cross section of straight CDers accompanied by partners , some like me in a DADT situation some TSs and now a F/M . There may be some gay members or bi but it's not for us to judge , we all get on fine and enjoy our evenings .

I admit I don't relate to a male to a male relationship but why should it be a problem if they are gay if they all behave in a decent manner , our group is well run and certain behaviour would be pointed out and the member asked not to attend anymore , This is only to be expected when we meet in a public situation like a hotel we all have to respect common decency .

Lisa-Yes, she did say if I wanted to wear them! There is a lot I did not flesh out in writing my thread! Sorry if that was confusing!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    Your counsellor sounds like she is helping you a lot. I have to assume that what she is striving for is for you to accept yourself with all your facets. I got to that point without a professional but it took a lonf time. All I cansay is that once you find that place you will feel the weight of the world lifted off your shoulders. Enjoy the journey.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Really happy for you Lana Mae.