To all you brave ladies who have come forward and also any GG's who wish to chime in, what price would I pay in personal relationships if I came out about my crossdressing?

As background, I am DADT with my wife. The thought of seeing me in full fabulousness is utterly repulsive to her. I didn't realize I wanted to be a full-tilt crossdresser and that Alison was an identity within me until after we were married, so I don't want to make this her burden to bear. Also, my oldest daughter knows and has spent some very pleasant time with Alison! I'm grateful for that, but that's the extent of my "exposure."

I don't wish to transition or be full-time as Alison. I just don't want to hide the fact that I am a crossdresser. If my wife doesn't want to see Alison, I must respect that. Also, if she doesn't want others (like the whole family) to see Alison, I can live with that too. It's not like I'm passable at 6'-4" in heels with my man-voice. I just don't personally care if my family and friends know that I'm a crossdresser. In fact, I'd feel much better if I didn't have to hide it. At least then I could keep my legs shaved in the summertime

I'm sure some would be very open to it and others would think me a freak. I'd be ridiculed behind my back, and that's something that really bothers my wife. She doesn't want me and us being talked about in whispers and at parties (after we leave). I get that. She's trying to protect me and also herself. But I'm a free-spirit. I have never apologized for who I am about anything and I don't like the secrecy. I'm not good at secrets. I'm good at being brutally honest and dealing with the consequences. But I don't want to hurt a lot of people. I sure don't want to hurt my kids (four of them, all over the age of 18).

So I'm asking how painful it was for you brave ladies and beautiful souls to come clean? How many of your relationships were damaged by your revelation?
Thanks so much for providing this safe and supportive forum for me to speak freely