Thread: I saw a MIAD today

Panties4me

I saw a MIAD today

I am holidaying in Melbourne, Australia. I come from country NSW.Shopping with my wife at Docklands today I saw a MIAD, no attempt to be anything else, no wig, makeup, just a guy in women's clothing walking through the crowd without a care.If my wife noticed she didn't say anything which is unlike her as she is not the SO type. Had I have been by myself I think I would have gone up to her/him and said hello.

"SO type?" Is that an Aussie thing?

And if I may ask for clarification, what sort of women's clothes are you talking about?
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

There is a MIAD that I always see at my local town (Youngish guy in his 20's). He's always wearing black skirts.

Every time I see him I want to walk over and chat about it. But I know I shouldn't bother him.

Sabrina I find skirts are just absolutely comfortable but just have never been out in one. I would love it if men's skirts made a go of it one day. I guess I could wear a kilt.

Sabrina, you might just smile and offer him a compliment on his appearance.

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina.K View Post
    There is a MIAD that I always see at my local town (Youngish guy in his 20's). He's always wearing black skirts.

Every time I see him I want to walk over and chat about it. But I know I shouldn't bother him.
    I think that if a man is walking around in public wearing women's clothing but not trying to pass as a woman, he is probably looking for attention and the normal rule about not approaching a crossdresser in public wouldn't apply. Go ahead and compliment him on his skirt or something.
    Krisi

Wink

Miads are everywhere, I saw one in the mirror about 10 minutes ago.

Hugs and laughs
    Ellen Jo
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    I think that if a man is walking around in public wearing women's clothing but not trying to pass as a woman, he is probably looking for attention and the normal rule about not approaching a crossdresser in public wouldn't apply. Go ahead and compliment him on his skirt or something.
    I know of a guy that dresses in women's tops, skirts and heels, no bra or falsies. He dresses real sharp, looks good, wears it well. He has no interest in passing, just likes wearing the clothing. He really pulls it off, but then he is in good shape and would dress up well in drab too. Complete opposite of what I usually see in a MAID.

Panties4me
    Jodie Lynn.
    SO = Supportive Other and women's clothes, as the title MIAD suggests, a dress!

Panties4me, thanks for the clarification.

I asked because I've only ever seen "SO" to mean Significant Other. And I often see teen & 20-something males wearing skinny jeans and androgynous clothing.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

About 10 days, or so, ago a man visited my shop dressed in a skirt or dress. He did not try to hide his masculinity. Unfortunately, I was not at the store then, and was told about it by my assistant. If I were there I would probably try to establish some contact with him. My assistant is a very sophisticated person and did not ridicule or condemn him, just described him to me. She does not know I am one too.
    GeorgeA
    formerly Salerba

"a miad" Man-in-a-Dress

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    I think that if a man is walking around in public wearing women's clothing but not trying to pass as a woman, he is probably looking for attention...
    Totally disagree.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    If this individual was dressed as you say, I would have approached them and started a conversation. Who is to say that they think of themselves as being a CD'er? Maybe that person just like the clothes. It would have been interesting to find out how they look at things in life. I have seen several MIAD's in the last few years, all in big cities, and they have all been under 30.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Quote Originally Posted by Salerba View Post
    About 10 days, or so, ago a man visited my shop dressed in a skirt or dress. He did not try to hide his masculinity. Unfortunately, I was not at the store then, and was told about it by my assistant. If I were there I would probably try to establish some contact with him. My assistant is a very sophisticated person and did not ridicule or condemn him, just described him to me. She does not know I am one too.

What store might that be? Im only about an hour from Toronto. Om me if you need.

Pretty in Pink