Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what's better ?

what's better ?

What is better the anticipation or being dressed ?

The reason for this is that I've been looking forward to this for ages. Will it be as I think or just ok I"m dressed so what !!!

Over to you for your experiences.

Thanks.

Aspiring Member
    Interesting thought.
    My SO is away for a few days next week, so Vikky hopes to have some playtime and I have been thinking what I might wear and do (within the house – I don’t go out). I find the main problem in such a situation is what to do once dressed. I line up some jobs around the house specifically to do enfemme, but then get them finished in no time and am at a loose end and watch TV. Its then I think, what’s so special and want to do more than just sit around.
    However, this post has prompted me to think more carefully about what to do enfemme next week and find long lasting tasks to keep me occupied when enfemme. Will keep you posted.
    Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

Dominique,
    I might describe it as anticipation and release. Those moments after become fully enfemme when you first stand there feeling your weight in your heels and begin to walk. That something that washes over you.

Vikky,

Many will recognise the feeling of what else can I do. You don't go out but that frustration at being all dressed up and nothing to do is one of the big drivers that brings folks to take that step over the threshold.

I wouldn't say the anticipation is better, but it's always there. The opportunity to actually dress (fully), unfortunately is not. It seems lately, if I can't go 'all the way' wig, make up etc... then it doesn't seem worth it. Or even satisfying.

Diminique , for me the pink fog sets in and hurrying to get dressed in the morning , then will do all morning house work done.
    Its a great feeling. Only dress in house.

the second phase is at night time, dressing in evening nightie, its a delight and excitement.

Rayleen
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

It is fun to think about what I am going to wear and where I will go but it is exciting to actually do it.

I believe the anticipation is greater for me. If I see a window of opportunity arising, I begin to look forward to it, imagining what I will slip into and how I will feel. After I am dressed, I do my chores around the house, then spend some quality time on this forum.

It's the actual dressing for me.

The anticipation is more annoying and frustrating, due to how little chance I actually get to dress.

The anticipation is exciting, but being dressed is the ultimate.

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Whenever in proper drab I think about presenting as female all the time. I like the anticipation this brings. I also love the feeling of being my true self and never find it a let down. Which is best? I don't know. All I do know is that I love it all.

Daisy x

For me being dressed is far better. That is when I am real and authentic. I hate the waiting.

Dressing for sure. I’m a fan of the anticipation too, but for the most part DADT is the law of the land, and probably 1/2-2/3’s of the time my opportunities go away when she changes her mind about plans.

Reality Check
    It's being dressed. Anticipation is fine but mostly I have other things on my mind.
    Krisi

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I enjoy the anticipation, but it pales next to actually being dressed.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Anticipation is ok, but seeing the transformation and the finished result is much better. Then you are who you want to be.

Being dressed is my "best".
    Sometimes the anticipation is shattered by things in life, but once dressed all is well.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I also enjoy the anticipation of knowing that I will be able to dress on a particular day. I love the days I can dress as soon as I wake up and then the going thru the motions of dressing. If I can stay dressed for a good amount of time during the day the excitement will remain. The downer time arrives when it is time to get out of every thing, store it and then comes the chore of removing all the traces of makeup, the clothes, under garments and heels. If I'm in a hurry that when I leave some tell tail sign out, such as a lip stick imprint on my coffee cup. My wife knows I dress, but if my grown kids should happen to stop by or a neighbor stops by to visit about something then is when I panic. I would say my anticipation knowing I'm going to dress and the dressing are about equal till its stop and clean up time....

Since I am able to dress as much as I want to, the anticipation aspect has changed. I use to anticipate getting home after work and changing to a skirt and pantyhose and everything else. Now during the day if I have to leave the house I change into drab and have an empty feeling until I am home and back in a skirt. For me being dressed is normal and being in drab is not.

I do anticipate getting home from shopping and showing off my new things.

Hugs
    Ellen jo
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

Great question. After some thought, for me they are sequential actions. Anticipation is mental. Dressing is physical. They’re a complimentary combination which go hand in hand. I experience anticipation often, but because of circumstances am not able to execute, which can be frustrating. Dressing underneath helps.

Anticipation can be exciting, but the happiness experienced on actually wearing these lovely clothes is just so much more wonderful.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    Both anticipation and dressing are pretty close. However, actually getting to dress is definitely the best. Getting out just makes it better. I have had a few members at my home when time allowed and we had so much fun dressing and sharing skills. There are so many girls here that I love and trust and spending time with them while dressed is very special to me.

Platinum Member
    The anticipation could be nerve racking. I read this all the time of this site. I call it grabbing at 'crumbs of time." "Will the wife and kids be at work and school? Can I call in sick to work and enjoy myself for the day? Will the house burn down when I'm fully en femme with nail polish and makeup? Will the wife get sick at work and catch me? Yikes. I'm a nervous wreck."

I went through all that before I retired. Then the actual event exceeded the anticipation. Now? I've matured. I have the time much more often. Frankly, many time I do have the day to be en femme and it just slips (pun intended) as another day as a guy.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Anticipation is often stressful for me. Certainly not enjoyable. Because I concentrate on which outfit(s) I plan to wear and wonder what accessories I'll need to complete them!?

I nearly always find when the finished product appears in my mirror? I'm astounded, pleased, and excited!

I never anticipate those feelings, because I'm too busy getting everything rite while dressing!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I’m of the mindset that I need both. I’ve been dressing here and there lately but little desire to do so so it’s like going to an amusement park and all your favorite rides are closed. There have been times I wanted to dress so bad but had no clothes where I was and thought I would explode. I also have had times that the dressing didn’t live up to the hype. I just don’t know anymore.
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

I think when starting out, the anticipation of being dressed is a very powerful phenomenon.

The longer the interval between being dressed can be overwhelming.

As you progress so that urge decreases.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.