Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How many others see this forum as a bit of therapy?

My first reaction is that this is certainly educational; but therapy? I think not. However, as I think more, I realize that because of this site, I do feel better about myself, more confident, and more peaceful overall. As I think more about the effect that this site has had on me, perhaps it is therapeutic.

In the short time I have been here. I have seen it as a type of therapy. Educational as Kaylie said. I am glade I decided to expand my thinking and search the web.

Kelsey

I was traveling through Montana on Amtrak when I decided to join, I don't know about therapy, but it has been a good ride for me.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I find this forum relaxing, thought provoking, educational, mostly enjoyable, and at times, a bit surprising. Honestly not sure if that's therapeutic or not.

Karen

It is therapeutic for me, the only information I had about dressing was through Variations mag. Now I am part of a community and that is a nice feeling

Quote Originally Posted by Vicky Peters View Post
    It is therapeutic for me, the only information I had about dressing was through Variations mag. Now I am part of a community and that is a nice feeling
    Very much so. I only know one or two crossdressers who are in the closet and not near me geographically. I don't discuss cross dressing with them unless we are together in person for an annual luncheon meeting or whatever. Thus, absolutely no one to share animated conversations with (and possibly more). So, there's very much a feeling of having exciting things all bottled up inside. I don't find that a day-to-day issue, but it certainly comes to the fore when you pose the question.

This forum has reassured me that I’m not a freak of nature and that there are plenty of other happy and successful girls just like me!

Not so much therapy as education and learning.
    I give prayerful thanks every day for this Forum. I've learned the reality of what it means to be CD/TG. Learned I'm not alone and that I'm well. Above all, I've learned and acquired a greater ability to convey to others my situation; my crossdressing.
    Everyone here who has attempted to come out to a friend or spouse, or who wanted to stand up to a TG bully or bigot has perhaps found the words difficult to find that adequately explain crossdressing and transgenderism. This forum, through reading and discussion, provides me resources and words to understand this, and defend my femme nature.

Thank you, girls. I give thanks every day for saving me, saving my marriage and helping me explain this to the people I love and who love me. You are the best.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

I never thought that I would actually acknowledge the fact that I enjoyed cross dressing. And to express my female feelings.out loud, and post a photo of myself. It took quite some time for me to find the courage. Still in the closet but feeling much better about myself these days .So I guess it’s been therapeutic for me, when the time comes and the door opens I will be more prepared to meet the challenges.

i think the forum can be therapeutic, affirming, and it can also be a place of co-counselling, and from that perspective sure, it's a bit of therapy.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Definitely therapy. Therapy doesn’t have to be “on a couch”. But the opportunity to analyze oneself through the lens of others thoughts or postings helps that process.

Especially important as others mentioned when one feels isolated and can’t speak about this to anyone else.

Alice

Yes, probably this forum is a bit therapeutic, because here I can talk about things I can't talk with anybody else in my life.