Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How many others see this forum as a bit of therapy?

How many others see this forum as a bit of therapy?

I was a lurker on here for many years before deciding to actually post and join by sticking my "toes in the water" here.

It was for me at first..." Ok, there are girls like me here"....But as time went on, this forum is where I can read, relate, perhaps give my view and more. Its honestly where I gain insight to things and relate to others who might share similar views, problems, ect. I was thinking that now, since I'm more open minded, Id like to share more of myself to this lovely group...And was wondering if this forum has helped you like it has me.. Franni

Platinum Member
    Yes, it has been a bit of therapy. If it wasn't for this forum I would have absolutely no way to communicate with anyone concerning my desires or needs to wear women's clothing. Basically, it's "I'm not alone." The alternative would be to ponder whether there is something uniquely wrong with me. Someone my age is a product of the 1950's and 1960's when gays, lesbians, transsexuals and cross dressers were deemed to be "sick." Now, in addition to this site, there are visuals available on the Internet, especially sites such as YouTube which depicts with some class cross dressers are just plain people under the clothes.

Definitely a bit of or part of personal therapy!

I stumbled onto this forum and still do stumble around within it, just what I'm like! To me this is something which a therapist could not give to me ( I did ask ) and there were seemingly no other crossdressers or cd groups within my area. So in a way this forum is like a virtual group to me, and I mean that in the most loving and respectful way!!

"I'm a bit confused in the face to face bit of my therapy too!"

Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

I am an introvert and have a hard time getting out with people, especially new people. So having this forum helps me connect at some level with people similar to me. So yes in that way I use it similar to therapy.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I never really thought of it as therapy but I suppose in a way it is. I went from complete isolation to being part of a community of like minded people. I love reading everyones stories and seeing all the pictures on here. I have made friends and one day hope to meet other members of this forum. You could say it has almost been life changing.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

FrannGurl, you are right, for me living alone in rural area it give me a connection to a group.

Since the beginning every members can express their opinion and was a great help and have the same goal.

Indeed it makes our life an enjoyable journey.

Rayleen
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

I don't know if it is therapy or affirmation that I'm really not some kind of way out deviant person. As Stephanie47 pointed out, for many of us who started wearing women's clothing in the 60s, the little that we new about CDs or transvestites, were that they were all homosexuals and really sick people. I was never attracted to males and have enjoyed several flings with pretty young women before I finally met my wife of many years. But throughout the entire time - building a successful career at the same time, I always enjoyed crossdressing. So, I have always been at odds with myself - what am I? So I discovered this website as part of my research to discover more about myself and thankfully found out that I am not a singular anomaly.

I have always thought of the forum as therapy. Mostly from my Catholic guilt over doing what I somehow perceived as a sin. I always knew that I was not alone as a crossdresser. Saw the ads for Michael Salem in the back of magazines in the 70s and realized someone would not spend money advertising for a market of one (i.e., me). But coming here gave me a chance to converse with others who had the same experiences as me, convinced me it is OK to go out and that I was normal.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Aspiring Member
    Definitely, Only a couple of people know about my dressing. They soon grow tiered of my ramblings. The forum give my a place to express my thoughts. Here people can just ignore things they are not interested.
    Sara

I've been dressing both privately and publicly since the early 1990's so the therapy part is no. BUT......it's still a nice way to communicate with others like me.

This is definitely group therapy for me. Looking at the "What's going on" statistics on the home page, I see there are 328 people on this site right now. As I sit here drinking my morning coffee in my bra, panties, slip and stockings, I feel a great connection with my 327 other sisters who are at this very moment reading, exploring, learning, and participating in this wonderful experience of honoring our inner woman.

Hi Frann, I love this site, it is a forum as therapy for me. I have learned new words, met new people, came out of the closet (well only to two), and most of all learned that I am not alone. I hope you stay Brenda

I agree with others this site has been a great source of information and help to me. I enjoy the fact that I can share the experiences of others who have this desire. It sure helps to know that you are not alone in the world.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Reality Check
    To me it's educational in that there's a lot of information on how, when and where to crossdress and it's nice to be able to communicate with others who may or may not share my point of view, but calling it "therapy" is a bit of a stretch. "Therapy" is usually with someone educated in the workings of the mind.
    Krisi

It has helped me gain more night into what I've been doing since I was a teen. I'm now in my late 60s and realize there are others actually let me say many many others out there that do the same thing and feel the way I've felt my whole life. Made me realize maybe I'm not a weird person or crazy in what I do. This forum has helped me realize it is ok to do what I enjoy. I believe it is counseling with out the need of a therapist telling me what I should or should not be doing. Most have already mentioned this but it's comforting to know there are others like me that have the same problems and many on here share their experiences which help also.
    This place is where I usually come to every morning to see what is new. It's almost like a safe haven for me to let out some pent up releases thru others help. We are rowing the same boat it seems just some have longer oars and some shorter oars dipped in the same water.

Whether you call it therapy or not, it has been very helpful to me.

I'd like to add a big "Thank You" to the moderators for their hard work and dedication in keeping this a safe, clean, informative place to share stories and gain information.

I can only feel sad thinking of all our sisters in the past before the Internet and Web sites like this. I can see without access to educational information how the majority thought of themselves as broken, mentally sick or just nuts. I've been seeing a wonderful counselor for over a year and a half now who has helped me get rid of guilt and alot of other gender related problems and has helped me to love and embrace my newly found self. When I showed her this site I stumbled on she was so happy for me and suggested I join and have fun. So yes I consider this site part of my therapy and enjoy my group sessions. I also feel this site is my safe place I come to every morning. May not comment every day but I am here and thank all you ladies for being here and sharing a part of you with me.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I don't think I would consider this forum a therapy in the technical sense of the word but more of an educational tool.
    A very positive tool because it helped me to understand who I was and why I was the way I am.

This site has brought me farther down the path. I was learning all about this way of life before joining and it was mostly by trail and error.
    oh I could run in a thrift store and look and buy things knew what size I was looking for buy and get home to try it on and dam no fit ok I am out 3 dollars
    lesson not learned but here I have learned it is ok to go try on things before you buy. very much a plus
    Also I am an introvert yes I said it hard for me to meet people face to face this site I can talk to others and relate to whats going on and it has been a great experience
    really I need to thank each one of you for your insight.

Thank you each and everyone of you

Leann
    If you can't laugh and have fun you might as well go home.

It's certainly nice to find a community full of like-minded people. It makes you feel less alone.

In fact, it's one of the only crossdressing communities I could find on the internet. There really don't seem to me many, sadly.

Yes, i guess this forum is like a kind of therapy.
    The advice, support & encouragement here is certainly very helpful.
    What a great place.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Absolutely. When you're closeted, this forum is a lifeline to like minds.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Therapeutic, educational, inspirational and so much more!

This site opened the door to a new life for me after dressing for 10 years in a vacuum! My social life is now geared around the T's I met here first, then in real life. First, girls who live far away, then others quite close by and see regularly. At the T events I attend every year I see wonderful old T girlfriends and meet new ones!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Yes, definitely therapeutic, educational, inspirational, and amusing ... more often than not, all at the same time !!

That will be $ 185, please, and do stop by the receptionist's desk for your next appointment.
    "You are who you are, that's all right with me,
    But I am who I am, that's all I can be."
    -Trace Atkins, "Rough and Ready"
    ===========================================
    Just call me Kaylie