Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you still present as feminine when not dressed ?

Well, I'm a dude with a normal share of dudeliness, including several days of beard growth. However, I also have hair down to my bra strap done up in a perpetual pony, so I get maamed a lot. Hugs, Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    I tend to have feminine mannerisms at times and some friends had noticed that.
    Its not something I consciously try to hide.
    I would say this sums me up also.
    The more comfortable I am around someone, the more it shows whether its how I sit, talk or whatever. I'm not always conscious that I'm doing it though.

In guy mode I dress in comfy shorts, t-shirts, and flip-flops, so yes.

50% of the time when we got tele marketers they would start addressing me as my wife then realize I'm not her when I corrected them. Or other times keep talking to me as ma'am, never realizing I wasn't. In winter time with bulky clothes, I have on average, at least once per year, get ma'am too before ever saying a word.

~Renee~

Always try to walk and practice feminine manner too. Id I'm talking to female group. I feel as if I was one of them...Great sensation.
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

I've been working on my walk lately, trying to move away from the lumbering walk that I used to have to something a bit more elegant and graceful that would be appropriate for anyone and I tend to cross my legs in a feminine manner, too. I've also been "ma'med" a few times recently while ordering drive-thru food. Kind of made me feel nice, even though I was in guy mode! :-)

The avvy pic isn't me
    I do play around with my walk but generally refrain from it when around normies, but after doing this for many years I've naturally shortened and softened my stride. If I concentrate on my hips and elbow tucking it gets pretty noticeable real quickly.

I'm one of those gender-fluid, andro types and my manner of dress and grooming is well away from the masculine, so I'm kind of on auto-pilot as for mannerisms.
    When i'm around my female friends (most all of whom i'm out to), it tends to flow more freely. I know this because they tell me so, and they see the difference in my personality and how relaxed I am.
    (I don't ever feel as free and content as I do when around women)

I'm lucky though that since I live in my recovery, and surround myself with other folks in recovery, I get the benefit of being treated with respect.
    That is because one of the tenets of the program is being non-judgemental; each to their own and all that.

But again, one look at my eyebrows, nails, shaved body, clothing and all that and a change in any mannerisms becomes really obvious! I guess my brain after all this time sets itself as to the situation around me and adjusts. I just don't get questioned all that much.

In 8 plus years I've only had the talk with a handful of people and most of them have told me I don't set off their gay-dar, and a simple explanation of gender identity/transsness was well taken.

I have a lot of feminine mannerisms that would be hard to hide considering that I have been practicing since I was eleven or less.

I answer the telemarketers with a male voice and then tell them I will get my wife, she makes the decisions.

Then there are those that want to fix your computer up as it is jamming the internet or has a virus, they then have to deal with a dumb blonde called Beverley whilst she presses all the wrong keys. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.